Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #31
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Denver entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "drooze" Wertman View Post
Really ? While Im much more apt to look at a P/SA car (well not a P/SA it reminds me too much of a prostate exam and having blood drawn for a PSA) lets say a V/SA, When we are pitted with the MegaManiac, we usually have a crowd around it and I honestly feel bad for the other racers around when noone is looking at cars they have just as much sweat and blood equity in as we do. While we built the DP I can appreciate what they have done to their car, but I think many spectators, at least at the races weve been at, I dont think they can.

Hmmm....guess its all perspective

(And not to Dig the Ford Guys, but it would seem the Challenger draws a bigger crowd ?, the only thing I can think is they dont know the difference between one mustang and another....? But the Challenger, well its not like there are a whole lot of them out there, then again, it could be the wrap

hey drooze, mind if i stop by sat and say hi? (if i can limp b ac k north to wyoming,er, the sportsman pits)
obviously i ain't racin'.....
Tom keedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #32
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
hey drooze, mind if i stop by sat and say hi? (if i can limp b ac k north to wyoming,er, the sportsman pits)
obviously i ain't racin'.....
Most DEFINATLEY !

I was fortunate enough to meet Dic Geary and his wife today, and several others it was most excellent !

I would love for you to stop by, we all would.

Cheers

Chris.....

(Maybe hitch a ride on a northbound antelope...
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

The number of cars at Denver has to be an embarrassment to NHRA . It's a combination of a lot of things but I think the biggest factor is how sportsman racers are treated.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #34
Doug McCue

Liked 13 Times in 2 Posts

I wonder if the city of Morrison wants the race track to go else where?
Doug McCue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #35
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Re: Denver entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug McCue View Post
I wonder if the city of Morrison wants the race track to go else where?
I don't know about that, but if a special interest group associated with the (for several years) defunct "Pikes Peak International Raceway" (south of Colorado Springs), wouldn't have defeated the Y2K "Amendment 2F" (that I worked on as well, to try and get a yes vote for), then Bandimere Speedway wouldn't be there today anyway! There location would've been east of Aurora, just south of I-70, and west of a town called Watkins. But funds came in from a New York investor, and a former Colorado Governor's son (I believe it was Dick Lamb's son), all contributed to defeating the amendment. Too bad too, because the newer Bandimere Speedway Park would've been located in a facility named "World Park", and it would've been nearly 3x's the size, and more racer friendly (read no "North 40"), than the land the current facility is on. Moreover, that facility would've been nearly 800ft lower in altitude, and out in the eastern plains of Colorado (minutes from the airport). The only drawback would've been it's being out in the western part of "Tornado Alley"...however, D.I.A.'s out there and it's been good for 15yrs, so I think Bandimere's possible newer home would've been fine too! Funny that within 5yrs after that amendment failed, the raceway shutdown anyway (due to poor ownership & especially, its location)...which proves that "WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND" after all!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
I don't know about that, but if a special interest group associated with the (for several years) defunct "Pikes Peak International Raceway" (south of Colorado Springs), wouldn't have defeated the Y2K "Amendment 2F" (that I worked on as well, to try and get a yes vote for), then Bandimere Speedway wouldn't be there today anyway! There location would've been east of Aurora, just south of I-70, and west of a town called Watkins. But funds came in from a New York investor, and a former Colorado Governor's son (I believe it was Dick Lamb's son), all contributed to defeating the amendment. Too bad too, because the newer Bandimere Speedway Park would've been located in a facility named "World Park", and it would've been nearly 3x's the size, and more racer friendly (read no "North 40"), than the land the current facility is on. Moreover, that facility would've been nearly 800ft lower in altitude, and out in the eastern plains of Colorado (minutes from the airport). The only drawback would've been it's being out in the western part of "Tornado Alley"...however, D.I.A.'s out there and it's been good for 15yrs, so I think Bandimere's possible newer home would've been fine too! Funny that within 5yrs after that amendment failed, the raceway shutdown anyway (due to poor ownership & especially, its location)...which proves that "WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND" after all!!!
part of the problem (a major part) was that the city of (saudi)aurora didn't want the track built.

sounds like another outfit is gonna try it again though (drag strip, superspeedway for nascar stuff,etc)

wish i had a link to it but, sorry, i don't..
i guess they have enough revenue

oh yeah, hey drooze, seen the car and the wimmin but didn't see anything that looked like a male (unless you had a sex-change) so i didn't stop .
car do look good though..
maybe next time

Last edited by Tom keedle; 07-25-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Tom keedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #37
GarysZ24
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Tom keedle;200435]part of the problem (a major part) was that the city of (saudi)aurora didn't want the track built.

sounds like another outfit is gonna try it again though (drag strip, superspeedway for nascar stuff,etc)

wish i had a link to it but, sorry, i don't..
i guess they have enough revenue

Yeah I remember that, but it's kind of interesting that the local chamber of commerce, the fire & police districts , and other key groups were in support of it, so I hope they do try again.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
Old 07-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #38
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
Gary,

It's much more complicated than you make it sound. PPIR lost events due to NASCAR actions, and ISCA (the France family) bought PPIR and shut it down to avoid any viable efforts to bring any type of NASCAR events back to it because of their desire to build new facilities out by DIA. This stuff has been a game of political ping pong with racing sanctioning bodies and track developers, as well as politicians and community activists for about 13 years now. FWIW, PPIR is currently open and being used for racing. The original property did contain enough land on the east side of I-25 to build a national event sized drag strip facility, and there were, at least at one point in time, plans to do just that.

More info available about Denver and proposed new racing facilities is available here. http://www.jayski.com/pages/tracks/denver.htm
BobOrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #39
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOrme View Post
Gary,

It's much more complicated than you make it sound. PPIR lost events due to NASCAR actions, and ISCA (the France family) bought PPIR and shut it down to avoid any viable efforts to bring any type of NASCAR events back to it because of their desire to build new facilities out by DIA. This stuff has been a game of political ping pong with racing sanctioning bodies and track developers, as well as politicians and community activists for about 13 years now. FWIW, PPIR is currently open and being used for racing. The original property did contain enough land on the east side of I-25 to build a national event sized drag strip facility, and there were, at least at one point in time, plans to do just that.

More info available about Denver and proposed new racing facilities is available here. http://www.jayski.com/pages/tracks/denver.htm
Perhaps so, but people from their organization had a hand in ruining the efforts of the people I tried to help pass the amendment, and thus I'm not heartbroken over their demise. Besides, I have a lot of great memories racing at Bandimere's current site, thus I'm not so sure I'd want it to go away anyhow...getting a bicycle in order to ride up to where the action is from the "North 40", would be a good thing health-wise for me too!!! Rest assured, many of the nicest people one could be around are in the "North 40" at the Mile Highs any way.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)