HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #31
Jim Carter

Liked 19 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Ouch my car just got 9 HP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
Somebody is not paying attention if the 66 Chevelle with the 283 and a powerglide got 3 hp taken off. [Nothing personal Wade.] At least they took 9 off the 69 Chevelle with the 396 iron head motor. That combination should have never been hit when the Camaro was. As far as the 6.1 Dodge it's now only about 30 short. At 430 it would still be a fast car.
Greg:
I whole heartedly agree with you on the Chevelle 396/375 re-factor. I wonder why they have not re-factored the alum head 396/375 Chevelles as well. The rationale and reasoning for reducing the hp factor for Chevelles is the same for both combos. You can't correct one w/o correcting both. At least not while showing consistentcy. Does anyone know of anything coming to change this? Letters written to NHRA last year on this very topic fell short of acheiving any changes, but maybe they see the light now. Camaro and Nova performances should not effect the Chevelles. Case closed.

Jim C.
Jim Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #32
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ouch my car just got 9 HP!

Maybe it is a sign of the times, or the temperment of the Drag Pak owners, but most I had talked to in the past, who asked us not break the index (with the 6.1 and then the 5.7) , have now already broken it and had hp added..

So don't expect a DP owner to protect the index. I can tell you for sure that we will not protect it. It is all about going as fast as we can.

We have two new 5.7s in the build process right now, and fully expect to push the bar higher with the first one, and then raise it out of reach with the other.

Maybe we can do it... or maybe we can't, but we have new people involved along with us on the engine work, and a new driver, so don't count us out.

No more push, push push just to get to the track untested and unprepared. When we get there this time, we are going to be really good and ready.

And as for the 6.1 engines, we will get back around to that at some point (we have a fresh 6.1 block ready), but right now the 5.7 is better combo to run, and it may stay that way all the way up through A.

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #33
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,082 Times in 283 Posts

David,
I'm glad to see the change in your approach and philosophy. I've been there, and done that, it killed our program for 2 years, and we're still behind. That's what I tried very hard to get across to Chris. I really hated to see you guys beat your heads against the wall like that.

If you'll accept Keith's help to guide your program, if he offers, you'll go a long way, very quickly. I wish he was close enough to us to help us with our program, I know that he could help me see some things that I'm missing.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #34
Irv Johns

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

"Maybe it is a sign of the times, or the temperment of the Drag Pak owners, but most I had talked to in the past, who asked us not break the index (with the 6.1 and then the 5.7) , have now already broken it and had hp added.." POSTED BY HEW HEMI

David if your referring to me. The HP we got was my fault but I did not do it on purpose.What I asked you was not to go balls to the wall as you posted so many times.I could have gotten it many more HP had I not got on the brakes . Now it has to weight 3360 in A/SA and I still cant get my car that light with my 210 LB body. So the only disadvantage is to smaller drivers.
But why go out and ruin a good combo for so many other racers???? You say the 5.7 first and then the 6.1. What will that prove?

I dont aim to get into a p****** contest on here as I seldom post. But to say what you say has no RESPECT for the other DragPak owners. Just my 2 cents Have a good day..

Respectfully Irvin Johns
Irv Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well Irv, since my Dad is at a Concert Ill answer this, (Its a damm James Taylor concert and every time I think about it I want to break out in " Ive seen fire and Ive seen rain, I...AAAAAAAA"

We actually thought it was someone else. And it wasnt just the 6.1 combo he was talking about. Yes the one that got 9, but hes reffering to other things as well, who we will keep private because they were asked in confidence.(edit, I want to say once and for the record the person we THOUGHT it was has never ever asked us to hold back and rather has done nothing but assist us unendingly and without reserve a SUPER Guy and hell of a racer)

You say it was you, that was a misunderstanding of the workings on our part I believe. We didnt know it was you....lol.....

Hes reffering to other people, and mostly not the 6.1

Why , "What do we have to prove ?" Uhhhhh......have you not been following us and our saga...lol.

A LOT, one thing is that we can put the fastest DP on the track, and if crap stops breaking and falling off like header collectors , breaking timing chains because a vendor screws around for 3 weeks shipping them and we have to run an old one, and other "things" that are getting worked out.

Its not about a pissing contest, were not trying to prove it to anyone BUT ourselves, make sense ? Others, well they arent our concern to a large degree.

But ALSO, with health circumstances and other things, we sat down in the beggining and said, well give this a year, so well.........Our money and labor is as green as everyone else who has one of these and I would garner a bigger bit of our heart and soul than some. That gives US the right to do whatever we see fit with our car. Its not about "Respect" its about FREEDOM....BIG BIG, BIG Difference.........

We are FREE to do as we choose with the combo. Just as you are.

There are advantages to "pulling it" but, well just make it GO faster.

I think the 5.7 when it gets the new valve and a PROPER tune as opposed the one I hacked up fast that ran 10.59, with that cam and the setup as it is, 10.2 easy, the next motor, well into the 9's, are we supposed to hold back in a heads up ? When I ran that I had no idea what it would run, Im not going and contrary to common thougth, going to let it loose against another class of car, in a heads up, you bet. Keith will hopefully be able to assist us for the remainder of the "unknown" items and subleties. But I have a feeling hes not a big fan of lifting or not running it out. Why, the next step is we make it go faster, the competition is respectivley slower and in a catch up pattern ? That seems like racing to me.

But I can say my Dad didnt think it was you actually, we THOUGHT it was a combination and finally tipped / caused by someone else, I didnt care, I dont think my Dad did either,

Maybe someone can EXPLAIN, for me how the reviews occur, I thought I knew but apparently I was wrong, not the first wont be the last.

And Irv, you are respectfully invited to the excorcism, I think yer right there Demon parts in there, OR Someone snuck in Ed F's Garage stole some gremlins and put em in.

Henceforth, we shall sage (an indian ritual) and sprinkle holy water on prior to each event

Cheers

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv Johns View Post
"Maybe it is a sign of the times, or the temperment of the Drag Pak owners, but most I had talked to in the past, who asked us not break the index (with the 6.1 and then the 5.7) , have now already broken it and had hp added.." POSTED BY HEW HEMI

David if your referring to me. The HP we got was my fault but I did not do it on purpose.What I asked you was not to go balls to the wall as you posted so many times.I could have gotten it many more HP had I not got on the brakes . Now it has to weight 3360 in A/SA and I still cant get my car that light with my 210 LB body. So the only disadvantage is to smaller drivers.
But why go out and ruin a good combo for so many other racers???? You say the 5.7 first and then the 6.1. What will that prove?

I dont aim to get into a p****** contest on here as I seldom post. But to say what you say has no RESPECT for the other DragPak owners. Just my 2 cents Have a good day..

Respectfully Irvin Johns
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)

Last edited by Chris "drooze" Wertman; 07-07-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #36
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssracer View Post
The 2009 DP cars with the 6.1 Hemi just got 9 HP.
Hell your car you could just move into SS , wouldnt have to worry about the hits right ?

First time our car launches like yours and Im behind the wheel I well, somewhere I got rubber underwear (dont ask )

BUT knowing Ive know all along I dont know "****e" about suspension setup other than what Ive been told......well Keith figured out why were not launching as we should, and it was something Ive wanted to try a change on for sometime, but, well, when were still assembilng computers an hour before the track, and changing cams out in some 2 hrs at the track, once again thanks to all the great and amazing help.

Well, time is something I havent had.

Just kick it into SS, like I said the way you seem to launch and how spot on, how does the 6.1 end up in SS (im to tired and hot to figure) I know how the 5.7 does.....the 6.1 competitive in its SS class ?
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #37
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,626 Times in 383 Posts

Drools
You are tuggin on SUPERMANS CAPE..
Listen to Irvin..hes a class act and a RACER
You shouldn't go there..
We can go as fast as you want..You may stand a chances with Keith wrenching.
Show it at the track ..Not ON THE KEYBOARD..
Also you will NEVER run anywhere near what Irvins car can run in bracket mode..
Old 07-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #38
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Drools
You are tuggin on SUPERMANS CAPE..
Listen to Irvin..hes a class act and a RACER
You shouldn't go there..
We can go as fast as you want..You may stand a chances with Keith wrenching.
Show it at the track ..Not ON THE KEYBOARD..
Also you will NEVER run anywhere near what Irvins car can run in bracket mode..
So what did Irvin's car run?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #39
JeremyDuncan

Liked 281 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemidup View Post
So what did Irvin's car run?
9.74 @136 mph
JeremyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #40
hemidup