HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-26-2010, 06:14 AM   #31
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Indy Divisional Posponed

I thought tech "closed" after the last car went down the track in that classes final session. If Super Stock never turned a wheel then how did tech "close"? Doesn't really matter to me, I saved more than a $1000 by not attending. Thanks for saving me money nhra, this is a nice change for once.
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #32
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Indy Divisional Posponed

I agree the fields should be closed for two reasons. 1) its in the rules sheet/schedule they give you when you come in tech closes at noon Saturday. 2) If everyone sat home every time it looked like rain, we would have very few if any events. I agree this forecast was ominous and probably should have been postponed earlier. But, you have all of the Jeg's competitors that have to be decided before Chicago...so you have to take the chance.

You don't have to run all the events, they only count your top five. That leaves you room to make decisions about the trips you make. We have 6 races in D-3 plus you can run two out of division races, so there are lots of choices to try and out guess the weather.

I don't have a lot of money either, so maybe this should be one of the choices to skip. However, there is a lot more to the event than just the racing, lots of good friends and fun off the track. If you aren't having fun, and don't have the money....then skip the event.

Last edited by Ron Finney; 04-26-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Ron Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #33
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No I can't afford to piss $700 away to go down there and watch it rain when it was obvious to many that there was no way this race wouldn't get postponed. I've spent $3000 this month alone in new safety equipment just to pass tech. But at some point a person has to use some sense about racing and wasting money. So p.o. friend..
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #34
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear friend,

Apparently you missed the part about choices.....I wasn't trying to make anyone mad, I want to race as bad as anyone. However, when things are tight, I don't make the long trips if things look questionable. As far as grade points for nationals, there are 6 divisionals, and three nationals opens. There is the opportunity to get 9 points without leaving the division. At most National events, 4 would be all you would ever need, and lately 2 would get you in most, so you can skip over half the races and still be in good shape.

Last edited by Ron Finney; 04-26-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Ron Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #35
schultz

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

People keep saying that those are the rules. If that's what it says then so be it, but where is this printed in the rule book that we get? The regulations they posted on the D3 website are not in my book. Do they have a double secret rule book that we are not allowed to see? According to what they printed a super class driver can switch classes if he or she wants, well if you parked your S/C car to bring your S/ST car wouldn't you have to have it teched? How can this happen if tech is closed? They really contradict themselves.
schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #36
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Talking Re: Indy Divisional Posponed

Ron!!!! Power Squeegee is up and running..................Ohoops too late.....lol lol

Rick

Ron ck your pm

Last edited by Rick Bailey; 04-26-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Rick Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #37
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 89 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Niceswanger View Post
Hey guys...I have a question...so the ones that go back in three weeks do not have to tech again? Tech will be closed and you will just starting racing is that it??? I am trying to understand this whole ordeal as we also watched the weather and did not want to spend vacation days and the entry fees to sit in the rain...I can live by the rules if I totally understand them but this all seems confusing...

Thanks,

Amy
Amy,

Guessing they might look over the cars again, but they mean no new entries to look at. My question is does it allow class changing? Will 400 "Super Stocks" show up now??

In any case, a tough call to make vs. the weather from both the racer and division spots.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #38
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultz View Post
People keep saying that those are the rules. If that's what it says then so be it, but where is this printed in the rule book that we get? The regulations they posted on the D3 website are not in my book. Do they have a double secret rule book that we are not allowed to see? According to what they printed a super class driver can switch classes if he or she wants, well if you parked your S/C car to bring your S/ST car wouldn't you have to have it teched? How can this happen if tech is closed? They really contradict themselves.
I'm just guessing here but my take on this would be.........switch your S/ST to S/G or S/G to S/C. Or you could go backwards........S/G to S/ST and so on...Not running another car.
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #39
Bill Koski

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We're constantly told "schedule subject to change", this includes when tech closes also. If one class didn't didn't even make a qualifying pass how the powers that be can use the "tech closed" excuse for punishing people that used common sense and realized it was most likely to be a washout is bull shyt!
I'd wager if Sunday had been sunny and a superstocker showed up he would have miraculously been teched in and made his qualifying pass!
Bill Koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #40
DB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Indy Divisional Posponed

Ive traveled to some ihra races with worse lookin weather over the years and raced,that stuff can move north or south and,we would of raced,then everyone would be bitching on here about not going also! good luck with guaranteed weather reports!
DB is offline   Reply With Quote