HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #31
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you guys think? Drag car or Street car?

lol. i dont sound anything like your kid at all. and i dont look to my dad for help. i figure out a way to get it done myself. i've got the tools and the resources.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! KU!!!

Last edited by dragster2006; 09-18-2009 at 01:50 PM.
dragster2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #32
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzinhalfdozen View Post
Wow this kid sounds like my kid, he hates me and doesn't understand why I bother SS racing, blah blah blah. But when he needs his motor or trans or rear end fixed it's a call to dear old dad. First off putting a Chevy motor in a Ford is like kissing your sister, I'm sure there's plenty of potential Chevy cars out there. As for getting all the wisea$$ remarks that's something you're going to have to get used to. Most every racer I know will look down their nose at you the minute you raise the hood of that pony and show off your Generic Motors powerplant. As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a Ford guy but what the heck if it's fast I'm good with it. So put your head down defensive end and play on. Joe
hey Joe, i looked at your profile, and man. i have to say. thats a bitchin mustang you got. does that thing have a bbc in it? LOL

Old 09-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #33
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lol small block chevy with with lemons chevy 350 fox headers! what do you guys think? looks good eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foxsb01.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1466  

Old 09-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #34
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

xxx
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA

Last edited by Ed Fernandez; 09-21-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #35
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Ed,

You only eat me for lunch in your mind. You are not capable of honest debate, only insults and generalisations. Most of your contributions to this site involve insults and snarky bull****. Maybe you just have a brutal sense of humor, but I don't know you in person.

Judging by your posts you wouldn't know an honest debate if it hit you in the face.This kid has a royal
hemorrhoid problem that he brought with him to this site.Maybe you should take him under your wing and bring him along.
And yes you don't know me or my sense of humor.
Snarky bull****?What did you do while I was gone,swallow a dictionary?
BTW kid what web site did you lift the picture off?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA

Last edited by Ed Fernandez; 09-21-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #36
rick lester

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Dragster2006, At the age of 18, you do need to respect those that are older than you. They were only joking, and not making you seem like an idiot. Quite a few people come here and ask questions that have very few specifics to them. xtech is a very respected man here, so is fred, and almost, if not all, are also. In my opinion that bullet site is nothing but possers. This is a real site and everybody here will bend over backwards to help you in any way possible. I'm not saying don't listen to them, just take some things with a grain of salt, take it as your iniciation to this forum and then listen. Now to give you my opinion....Chevy in a Ford, been there done that. In a bracket or even in a .90 car its not as bad as some make it seem. If your experience is with chevy motors, then do it. If your body of choice is a Ford, go for it. A car guy is a car guy no matter whats under the hood of what. I myself am a Ford man thru and thru, but I own all GMs. Why? Killer deals, thats why. If you need any help, tech wise on building that bad *** ride, let me know. Yes i know some words are misspelled, but I think you get what I'm trying to say.
rick lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #37
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick lester View Post
Dragster2006, At the age of 18, you do need to respect those that are older than you. They were only joking, and not making you seem like an idiot. Quite a few people come here and ask questions that have very few specifics to them. xtech is a very respected man here, so is fred, and almost, if not all, are also. In my opinion that bullet site is nothing but possers. This is a real site and everybody here will bend over backwards to help you in any way possible. I'm not saying don't listen to them, just take some things with a grain of salt, take it as your iniciation to this forum and then listen. Now to give you my opinion....Chevy in a Ford, been there done that. In a bracket or even in a .90 car its not as bad as some make it seem. If your experience is with chevy motors, then do it. If your body of choice is a Ford, go for it. A car guy is a car guy no matter whats under the hood of what. I myself am a Ford man thru and thru, but I own all GMs. Why? Killer deals, thats why. If you need any help, tech wise on building that bad *** ride, let me know. Yes i know some words are misspelled, but I think you get what I'm trying to say.
i know i wasnt to friendly with him but it did piss me off pretty good when they said that to me. that wasnt the answer i was quite looking for when i made this thread on here on this part of the forum. i didnt think it really would really matter considering this part of the forum is about bracket racing. but i guess if in the future if do get my name out there in the drag racing world i guess alot of people are gonna know me as the guy who doesnt joke around and is a jerk. but i never would of gotten this reputation if it wasnt for these guys trashing me. yeah they may be disgusted at the fact that i am soon to have a chevy engine in a ford body but who cares. its cheap i dont have a lot of money to invest in a ford motor and i dont know much about ford engines. i know i could find one cheap but not as cheap as a gm engine. and plus i have seen a lot of youtube videos with people running chevys in fords and i love the idea of it. and the thought to be unique. its awesome. i said this before yeah i know im not gonna be running in any nhra competition that is why i posted in this bracket forum. but anyways. yeah i am not out there to be a prick to anybody thats not who i am but i can sure be a prick to the ones who act like that to me.

and Ed. dude you're just mad you got a taste of your own medicine and that you got bitched out. and yes i did take it from lemons headers site because i have a pair of those headers being shipped to me right now as we speak. and im sure that picture pisses you off because that 350 is set up for that yellow notch in the background. but i dont care man. those guys are freakin awesome.

all those super stocker guys. be disgusted all you want, and you may hate me. but its my money. its my car. its my engine being built. get over it. im not intruding on your super stock, and stock eliminator racing because that is not my plan.

i would buy a late 70's or 80's camaro but they are too damn expensive. you may disagree with me but i could not find one for a decent price. they were either too nice or they were complete piles of **** and were over priced.

Last edited by dragster2006; 09-22-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #38
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Ed. dude you're just mad you got a taste of your own medicine and that you got bitched out. and yes i did take it from lemons headers site because i have a pair of those headers being shipped to me right now as we speak. and im sure that picture pisses you off because that 350 is set up for that yellow notch in the background. but i dont care man. those guys are freakin awesome

I don't think I'll be losing a minute of sleep over you,your car,your headers or your off brand engine.What
dismays me is I hope you're not the future of drag racing.If so remember what happened to the dinosaurs.
Good luck in your future endeavors.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #39
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Ed. dude you're just mad you got a taste of your own medicine and that you got bitched out. and yes i did take it from lemons headers site because i have a pair of those headers being shipped to me right now as we speak. and im sure that picture pisses you off because that 350 is set up for that yellow notch in the background. but i dont care man. those guys are freakin awesome

I don't think I'll be losing a minute of sleep over you,your car,your headers or your off brand engine.What
dismays me is I hope you're not the future of drag racing.If so remember what happened to the dinosaurs.
Good luck in your future endeavors.
get over yourself man. go find someone else's thread to flap your yap on. i know what happend in history's past and i know what happend to the dinosaurs. and i am goin old school with this build. my mustang is gonna be like what the ole street rodders used to be like. chevy engines in ford coupes. except my hot rod is a modern day hot rod.

ya know once this car is all done being built. if you really wana prove a point to me. why dont you come down to topeka so you can race me heads up at heartland park. it would be a pleasure to me kicking your *** on the blacktop. no car lengths. none of that pinks crap. straight up heads up on a pro tree.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #40
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster2006 View Post
get over yourself man. go find someone else's thread to flap your yap on. i know what happend in history's past and i know what happend to the dinosaurs. and i am goin old school with this build. my mustang is gonna be like what the ole street rodders used to be like. chevy engines in ford coupes. except my hot rod is a modern day hot rod.

ya know once this car is all done being built. if you really wana prove a point to me. why dont you come down to topeka so you can race me heads up at heartland park. it would be a pleasure to me kicking your *** on the blacktop. no car lengths. none of that pinks crap. straight up heads up on a pro tree.
I hope you put 1/2 as much effort into making something of yourself in life as you do talking tough on the internet.Maybe getting things straight with you father before he isn't there to make up with.I'm done here.
Someday I think you'll see things a bit different.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA