HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #31
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: An argument you can not win!!!!

What I want to know is why they don't enforce their own rules. I thought they said for safty reasons you have to have your visor down from water box on, but yet most people still leave the starting line with the visor up. To me that is a rule violation that should have been enforced as well. Thats whats wrong with our sport. NHRA picks and choses what rules to enforce and you never know when they might chose to do it. It needs to be the same at every race for every racer. It's not like they don't know who is or isn't practicing some safty violations. How many pro drivers are unbuckling themselves, even standing up in their dragsters while its still moving down the shutdown area after a win. I see it all the time. When I race and am coming off of the track it seems like someone at the end of the track looks at me to see if my equipment is still on. That may not be what they are doing but it appears that way to me. Point is, the pics show visors up, enforce the rule. But enforce the same rules for the pro's as well.
Thanks, Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
lazrcng

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Leave the visor rule alone. I have been bitten in late rounds by a visor fogging up while staging. I have tried all the neat things sold to keep them from fogging up and none of them work.

As long as you let the button go and close the visor, your good!!!

.........and that is the only reason you take your hand off the wheel, not to grab a secondary brake system handle case you need to..............had to dig a little!

Last edited by lazrcng; 07-15-2010 at 11:29 AM.
lazrcng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #33
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Thats another reason I think NHRA doesn't care about safety. If peoples visors, windows, etc are fogging up, than we shouldn't be on the track at that time. Being able to see is pretty important.
Also, didn't you see how to remedy your visor fogging up? Cory Mac said to use the stuff they clean jewlery with. Of course if you race, how can you afford jewlery or the stuff needed to clean it? lol
All kidding aside, several years ago at the Gators, we ran second round of Super gas late at night and my windows were so fogged up I literally could not tell where I was on the track. My opinion, we should not have been on the track because it was very unsafe as far a visability is concerned. Problems are, go down the track and race, or go home. No regard for our safety
Thanks, Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #34
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are a million anti-fog sprays for visors and goggles (check a ski store), they work great and a bottle will last your racing career. No excuse for leaving the line with your visor up.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #35
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The visor will go down about the time they stick their head out of the cage....yeah, I know there is another post on this issue....but have you seen this weeks National Dragster?? Another color glossy of a S/C racer leaving the line with his head out of the cage...COME ON NHRA, COLOR GLOSSY'S EVERY WEEK???????
Old 07-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #36
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
There are a million anti-fog sprays for visors and goggles (check a ski store), they work great and a bottle will last your racing career. No excuse for leaving the line with your visor up.
Chris I got to disagree with your last statement ,
Unless you wear eyeglasses and have had the experience of trying to stage with both your eyeglasses and visor fogged up you can't appreciate how much safer it is to leave with your visor up (or at least partially up)
It is scary as hell to let go of that button when your blind.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #37
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
Chris I got to disagree with your last statement ,
Unless you wear eyeglasses and have had the experience of trying to stage with both your eyeglasses and visor fogged up you can't appreciate how much safer it is to leave with your visor up (or at least partially up)
It is scary as hell to let go of that button when your blind.
I do wear eyeglasses, and use the anti-fog spray on both. Once I went to that, I haven't had a problem. Leave the visor up to pre-stage, close it then, off we go
Old 07-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Just saw the run on TV and Justin just plain jumped.... Even Bob Frye said it. I did not see Stewart running around on the line. You see Justin's light flicker and then he left..... I dont get why he backed up and jumped out of the car then?????
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #39
Sg700x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The only queastion i have is if everything was normal like a reg. final then why didnt the other guy leave the line. They had to tell him to go. So there was something in his mind that made him just sit there. Just my 2 cents.
Sg700x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #40
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Hell I'd be confused too...... Reg had to see the lights flicker too and then Justin takes off and then backs up.... i am sure he is thinking WTF....
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote