HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #31
Roger Backman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: More classes added to Div 2 LODRS events

This is the kind of thing that makes me not miss racing near as much. Drag racing was built on class racing and now its being pushed out because its easier to just run bracket races. Nascar forgot their roots and is paying a price for it now. NHRA is following suit.
Roger Backman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #32
BLIND MULE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe i'm off base here but the Unleashed classes are closer to the way the .90 classes started than the .90 classes that are run today. I understand time constraints and agree that they more than likely don't need to be at divisionals, but to be a .90 racer and call them bracket racing is like the pot calling the kettle black.
BLIND MULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #33
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IMO..................DUMB.........now we will be racing on Mondays. I was at the awards banquet / wind bag fest / last night and this was was brushed over and never soaked in. Very bad move. The Champions wern't the wind bags but the Old racers giving out awards to each other.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #34
Peter Ash

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wonder how much the bald guy got for cancelling pinks!
Peter Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #35
voltdr

Liked 92 Times in 49 Posts

I wonder how the index racers will like the NHRA schedule of making races last for 3-4 days. I'm betting that the car counts will be low after the first few races drag out until Mondays. That's why not everyone with a 8.90 or 9.90 capable car doesn't run the divisional races now.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #36
A100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Last year when I read the rules you didn't need a NHRA license , be a member, or have NHRA permanent number to run the Unlease event. According to Silver Dollars site they are going to use Unleased rules for the index classes. I wonder how many rules will get changed.

How do you run a 10.0 index without gettiing thrown out if you don't have a license and the tubes aren't SFI tagged if you just happen to run .001 under the index.
A100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #37
JMatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A100 View Post
Last year when I read the rules you didn't need a NHRA license , be a member, or have NHRA permanent number to run the Unlease event. According to Silver Dollars site they are going to use Unleased rules for the index classes. I wonder how many rules will get changed.

How do you run a 10.0 index without gettiing thrown out if you don't have a license and the tubes aren't SFI tagged if you just happen to run .001 under the index.
Unleashed DID require all applicable licenses/certs/membership/SFI equipment, etc. But if you're in a 10.00 class or slower you don't need any of that. And if a car without a chassis cert ran 9.999 and won on a double breakout against a chassis-certed car with competition-licensed driver, I'd assume the legal combo should be able to protest and take the win.

My car was certed to 8.50 and I ran the 8.50 index. I fully expected someone to protest me if I won on a double breakout situation by running 8.499 or quicker.

But this year I'm coming back and my car will be a 7.50 cert again, so no worries here.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #38
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLIND MULE View Post
Maybe i'm off base here but the Unleashed classes are closer to the way the .90 classes started than the .90 classes that are run today. I understand time constraints and agree that they more than likely don't need to be at divisionals, but to be a .90 racer and call them bracket racing is like the pot calling the kettle black.
x2! I guess too many .90 racers don't remember what the classes were like at their inception. And as sacrilegious as it is considered on this forum, I would welcome a chance to run no-electronics versions of index racing.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #39
hotrodgeno

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll run some 10.00 races because I have a car to do it with.
I was there when S/G started. I tested converters and fluid exaust trannys to get an advantage. I won some races. The guys that want to go back, want to go back with the equipment they have today except the things they think have changed the sport. They want the nice new racetracks and the big slicks but not electronics. The new timers and time slips that go to the ten thou. I remember racing douglas ga. and albany and savahna ga. I remember getting out of the car and going to the bottom of the tower and getting my time slip out of the can they drop down by a string. I did win some races but I don't want to go back. When you guys get back there gas won't be $ 1.00 per gallon.
I love racing and I'll race till I die whatever they do, and Ill try to win races so change whatever you want and come over and say hello when you get to the track. I'll be there. Gene
hotrodgeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #40
Rollins_2241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I won a double-under at the 10.0 Unleashed in Gainesville (my Nova has no cert) against a full-cage car and didn't get protested. But maybe that was she was parked across the aisle, all the way from Canada, and we worked on her car all night the night before to swap out a broken transmission. Sportsmanship runs both ways. I don't know what the "official" policy is on that. NMCA always used a 1% courtesy (e.g. 9.91 was OK in a 10.0 index, but 9.89 got tossed).

If you really want to kick the hornet's nest of high-end throttle stop racers, name the classes for marketing - Nostalgia Super Gas = 10.0, Nostalgia Super Street = 11.0, Super X = 12.0.
Rollins_2241 is offline   Reply With Quote