Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-05-2016, 05:45 AM   #31
impstocker

Liked 54 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: NHRA open to run IHRA class cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
Most of the IHRA cars will fit a NHRA class with a simple motor change. If you want to run it make it work. I wanted to run both so I got a car that could run both.
1.) "simple motor change" yea, just "slap together" a 10K to 25K motor and throw it in your car. I always thought the true intention of a Stock Eliminator was a entry level classes.

2.) I can never understand why the idea of too many classes is a problem? Isn't it just a big bracket race anyway. The real difference is the cars are not typical bracket cars and I enjoy the performance challenge of a class car.

I have a 85 Camaro as my next build. Either going to build a 4 Cyl W/SA car or a Pure Stock with the original 305 motor which runs great. E/PS index is a 13.40 I could use the the original rear with gear change, converter change, just go through the motor (even leave the shortblock alone) maybe add a "cheater cam" Install roll bar now just in case I would want too step up to a traditional Stock Eliminator class. Today the only place to run this car here in the Northeast (New York) are the All Star S/SS Combo races.

Crate Motor and GT Stock adds a lot of different cool combinations too. I personally love a Vega with a 350/300 HP crate motor.

Will Lamprecht Div 1 I/SA 65 Impala 396/325 Building engine now. 2016 debut
impstocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #32
gbur

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Dan Fahey, its great that you like your Pure Stocker, but you really need to look at the numbers. According to my 2015 Nitro Joe Stats book, last year a total of 13 Pure Stockers raced at IHRA 1/8th mile races, and a whopping 4 showed up at IHRA 1/4 mile events. And even THATS inflated, as you are shown 3 times, in 2 different 1/8th mile classes, as well as once in 1/4 mile. So out of a combined total of 17 Pure Stockers, you are counted as 3 of them. I think that you need to face reality if you think NHRA "needs" the oddball IHRA Stock classes. Combining all the IHRA "non traditional" Stock classes, including Pure Stock, Stock GT, and Crate Motor, there were a total of 68 cars at 1/8th mile events, and 41 cars at 1/4 mile events. Even ignoring that many of these cars are counted 2, 3, or more times, between class switching and running tracks of both distances, thats a total of 109 cars. In NHRA, B/SA and H/SA each have more cars than that. ALL the IHRA Stockers combined, 1/8th and 1/4 mile total 390 cars, NHRA had 1613 cars entered. NHRA may not be perfect, but the numbers don`t lie, or do you disagree?
While on qoutes , maybe compare your wallet to the other guy
Old 02-05-2016, 10:35 AM   #33
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

:-)

Last edited by Sean Cour; 02-05-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Sean Cour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #34
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 181 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Now don't go using facts again.......lol
In defense of Roy McNeil.
He makes great points and he is correct about the data.

However his data also helps validate my points.
More racers building non Traditional Stocker if NHRA participated.
Includes the Heads up x.90 Classes that IHRA sanctions.

Bracket Racers would step up too.
Some of the upgrade rules of Stock are beneficial.
Now you can put a SBC in a Vega and run Stock.
It is a relatively inexpensive bolt in combination.

Along with the GT and CM it adds variety.
There is no rush to new build traditional 60's/70's Muscle Cars
because the collector value and parts.

Do like the new FS Classes. It was a boom for the industry and nobody cried about these new $100k Cookie Cutter Factory built Stockers.
Fine for those racers that have the bucks.

There is a lot to be said building your own ride and winning races with them.

d
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #35
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Sorry but stock is not meant for everyone. Your thinking is part of the problem with this country. I try to stay out of politics and philosophical arguments. But here goes. Then I am done on this subject.

Rather than saying I want to race NHRA and build a car to do so you are saying I want to build whatever I want regardless of the rules. And now that I have I expect NHRA to change their rules to let me race with them.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #36
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,669 Times in 394 Posts

Why is it no matter the facts. Dan you can't even fill a 12 month calendar with existing pure stock cars. Your excuse is Nhra is over priced. Why keep bashing? You are a keyboard racer face it. Please get another hobby besides posting on a race site. They have Facebook for guys like you
Old 02-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #37
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
sorry but stock is not meant for everyone. Your thinking is part of the problem with this country. I try to stay out of politics and philosophical arguments. But here goes. Then i am done on this subject.

Rather than saying i want to race nhra and build a car to do so you are saying i want to build whatever i want regardless of the rules. And now that i have i expect nhra to change their rules to let me race with them.

yes !!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #38
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

[quote=James Perrone;494622]Why is it no matter the facts. Dan you can't even fill a 12 month calendar with existing pure stock cars. Your excuse is Nhra is over priced. Why keep bashing? You are a keyboard racer face it. Please get another hobby besides posting on a race site. They have Facebook for guys like yo

Last edited by Dan Fahey; 02-07-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #39
tpoh815

Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts

Just a question. I cant remember 2007 or 2008 IHRA was displeased with the condition of the pit area, mainly where the pros parked. Did they ever fix or improve it ? I haven't returned since then so I am wondering what NHRA sees as advantageous to having an event there. I am very happy this is happening and hoping for a good turn out as this would be the closest NHRA event in the WNY area.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #40
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Wasting your breath James. LOL