Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #31
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Stock/Superstock Association Spokane, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 283nova View Post
cant belive i missed this thread, im getting rid of my 64 nova for a 67 nova so i might be up to this depending on how the winter assembly goes.
Sounds good. The reality of it all is that it will likely take the remainder of the summer/fall to generate enough interest, decide on the format, form the association (again depending on the level of interest), decide on when and work with the new track management to get something in the schedule for next season. Based on feedback from racers at the Spokane divisional, I am thinking maybe a race in the spring and one in the late summer/ fall strategically positioned so that the division 6 touring competitor's may be interested in stopping by on the way to somewhere else. None of this is set in stone again just some ideas. Where are located and do you know anyone else who may be interested?
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #32
283nova

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

im in spokane, i work in tech so ive probably seen you a few times. not anybody off hand, its just to 20k bills of a class engine that has scared me away
283nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #33
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Fulton View Post
Yep, that's me!

I've known / raced Stu and his Buick for over 30 years....

I think I've seen your car back here at a cruise or car show within the last couple of years right?
Any way check out my website (About Us)...

I'm interested in seeing your new association get off the ground and become successful also...

Another S/SS program is the USA Sportsman - they've been at it for awhile also, so you might get some good input from them.

http://www.usastocksuperstock.com/Home.html
I checked this out and happen to know a few racers who compete in this series! I am thinking this is definitely on the right track - thanks for the heads-up. The payouts are attractive and I like the fact that all association fees are returned to the racers in one form or another - this is an absolute must to keep folks happy.

We will have to solicit some more volunteers/advocates to help organize and manage the association, especially for the Super Stock guys. These cars are some of the coolest on the planet but we would need a Super Stock racer to champion the Super Stock effort - Any suggestions/volunteers? There was a very cool Superstock AA Barracuda at the Spokane division race - he was fairly local and seemed to be a pretty decent character - maybe he would be interested. Not sure if he cruises the forums? If anyone knows this gentleman, please forward his name and contact info and I will contact him. Lastly, posting the races on YouTube is a great idea to draw more people in!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #34
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 283nova View Post
im in spokane, i work in tech so ive probably seen you a few times. not anybody off hand, its just to 20k bills of a class engine that has scared me away
I understand the $ issue - as someone earlier posted, it is a performance based class, but, I am thinking we can find a way to work around some of this for our local association. We do have some local nostalgia stocker and super stockers that have been relegated to bracket racing (against their will) based on cost and rules migration. Ideas are welcome - let me know what you think before spending a jillion $ on a motor.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #35
283nova

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i think its great! you could have a few different classes, some sort of up-to-date stock and SS then a nogstalgia stock and SS then a GT class?

i guess i could run in a GT of sorts since the only motor i have laying here is a 302 thats been warmed up that i was using in my nova for bracket duty, this is the main reason for getting the 67 nova better for stock or super stock.

Last edited by 283nova; 08-06-2010 at 02:44 AM.
283nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #36
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The next step in planning is to get contact information for all people interested in this association.

I am preparing a proposal to take to the new track management and will need a list of interested people (actual cars) that would attend the event(s) assuming the rules, format, etc. were ok.

Please email me your contact information and/or forward contact information for other people you may know that do not read or post on the forums.

This list needs to be actual car count- the goal is 20, we are at about 10 right now.

Those of you who have already sent info to me need not reply again.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #37
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Paul, you have a PM.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote