Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 09:19 PM   #31
stage1scott

Liked 104 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: John Kunsak Race cars/parts estate sale This weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
you talk about his kids like they're babies. If he had his affairs' in order, there would be no hoping. Hope is not a strategy. Bank gets paid first, then any lien holders, then the auction company and after that if there's anything left, the family fights over it. That's how these things typical go. Remember, it's all about the MONEY!
you speak of things you have zero info about-I know the situation intimately-the (adult) kids are covered and will be fine.
Liked
Old 01-14-2024, 09:30 PM   #32
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 207 Posts

the entire thread is ridiculous. A racer died, his family decided to auction his race stuff, a guy buys the entire lot. The family is happy but a few racers aren't yet hope his adult kids get some money.
Old 01-15-2024, 12:24 AM   #33
Kevin Panzino

Liked 599 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
you talk about his kids like they're babies. If he had his affairs' in order, there would be no hoping. Hope is not a strategy. Bank gets paid first, then any lien holders, then the auction company and after that if there's anything left, the family fights over it. That's how these things typical go. Remember, it's all about the MONEY!
You are a disgusting, narcissistic, piece of garbage.
How dare you say this?
You know nothing about this situation.
Go work on your throttle stop junk.
Old 01-15-2024, 12:45 AM   #34
Kevin Panzino

Liked 599 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
the entire thread is ridiculous. A racer died, his family decided to auction his race stuff, a guy buys the entire lot. The family is happy but a few racers aren't yet hope his adult kids get some money.
Same basic response to this disgusting post as to your previous one.
You are a nauseating, bloviating, narcissistic rectum clown.
There are entire chapters in psychology textbooks devoted to your type of personality.
You make my skin crawl.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:55 AM   #35
1320racer
VIP Member

what part of the truth and the facts don't you like?
Old 01-15-2024, 01:37 PM   #36
jkunsak

Liked 21 Times in 2 Posts

Hello,

First of all I'd like to start this off by saying I'm John's son. I found this forum poking around google trying to find anymore info on the estate sale I could find.

Scott, thank you for being there & detailing exactly what went down that morning. But I would like to highlight a few things. First being that our lawyer reached out to us about the offer from Elite Towing the day before the sale. Our lawyer informed us that the trustee didn't find it to be a good idea to accept the offer. The bank was asking the buyer to provide a guarantee from his bank stating that sufficient funds were on hand. Sadly we missed the deadline to respond to this email by 4 PM. My sister and I both work full time and saw the email late. I still chimed in saying I would of declined the offer. My thinking was the estate already paid for the prep for the sale. Might as well go through with it. Plus I know ALOT of people were traveling and just excited to go through my fathers collection. At no point the morning of the sale were we contacted about weighing in on the decision to accept the offer from Elite Towing. Like I said previously we would have much rather had the sale be open to everyone that showed up early & were excited to look through the collection. But we are not the singular beneficiaries. Due to a really messy situation another party is also involved. They very well may have been the "family" that gave the okay on the sale.
Old 01-15-2024, 01:48 PM   #37
1320racer
VIP Member

well there is clearly much more to this story and the reason for the auction. My experience tells me than when a trustee is involved there is a foreclosure and or bankruptcy in play. So the players are a trustee, a bank and another party, all who forced and controlled this auction.

Last edited by 1320racer; 01-15-2024 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2024, 01:52 PM   #38
jkunsak

Liked 21 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
well there is clearly much more to this story and the reason for the auction. My experience tells me than when a trustee is involved there is a foreclosure and or bankruptcy in play.

Much more involved. No bankruptcy, no foreclosure. Just a huge web of bull****. I'd recommend not running your mouth about stuff you have no clue about.
Old 01-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #39
1320racer
VIP Member

I recommend you don't make threats! I don't care one way or another but being that this was posted on a public forum to generate interest, we are interested in the why and how so If there is more tell us since that's why you posted.
Old 01-15-2024, 02:44 PM   #40
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,658 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkunsak View Post
Hello,

First of all I'd like to start this off by saying I'm John's son. I found this forum poking around google trying to find anymore info on the estate sale I could find.

Scott, thank you for being there & detailing exactly what went down that morning. But I would like to highlight a few things. First being that our lawyer reached out to us about the offer from Elite Towing the day before the sale. Our lawyer informed us that the trustee didn't find it to be a good idea to accept the offer. The bank was asking the buyer to provide a guarantee from his bank stating that sufficient funds were on hand. Sadly we missed the deadline to respond to this email by 4 PM. My sister and I both work full time and saw the email late. I still chimed in saying I would of declined the offer. My thinking was the estate already paid for the prep for the sale. Might as well go through with it. Plus I know ALOT of people were traveling and just excited to go through my fathers collection. At no point the morning of the sale were we contacted about weighing in on the decision to accept the offer from Elite Towing. Like I said previously we would have much rather had the sale be open to everyone that showed up early & were excited to look through the collection. But we are not the singular beneficiaries. Due to a really messy situation another party is also involved. They very well may have been the "family" that gave the okay on the sale.

Hi John. Thanks for coming on here and bringing some clarity to this deal. Secondly i would like to express my condolences for the loss of your father. I did not know your dad personally but i did know of his racing. He raced down here in Florida at the Gatornationals for many years. I had several friends that raced the same combo as your dad and they competed for class bragging rights. He was a tough competitor and his car was fast. I really enjoyed watching the video of his collection leading up to the sale. He had a cool collection of cars and parts from a long career of racing in stock and super stock.
I am not so different from your dad. I have a large shop that I keep my racing stuff. I do most of the work on my car myself and have lots of tools and equipment. I have things up in my loft that I have had since i was in my teens and 20's. I have to tell you my stuff is nowhere near the collection your dad had amassed over the years. I was actually thinking about your dad when i was out in my shop this weekend working on my car to get ready for the up coming season. I am 65 years old and dont have too many more years left to race
I actually think you came out much better taking the single buyer deal than you would have selling piece by piece to numerous buyers. If indeed the single buyer paid 400K for the entire lot.
Best of luck and I hope you get some closure to what seems to be a difficult situation.