HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #3761
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Daryl,

Now that we know what we know about your LO23,have you ever figured out WHERE your Dart was all those missing years?

Charlie A
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #3762
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Charlie

Short answer.......................... NOPE

MIA from 1969 to early 80's. Dead ends everywhere I go to this day. At least I got day 1 fiqured out.
Jimi V. is currently working on another lead.

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #3763
Liteweight
VIP Member

This one definitely has it's possibilities. Thanx again Mike. EDIT 10/19/15: I didn't give credit to the right guy here. MY BAD!!! It was Terry Witzell who posted that pic of the Dart, who has spent a lot of time digging info up for my cause. My apologies Terry. AND THANKYOU for your time your putting into this.

I am going to try & see if I can get a glimpse of the dent on the lower quarter in front of the bumper. Don't know if I can get a mirror down there

liteweight

Last edited by Liteweight; 10-19-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #3764
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68hemiss View Post
Nice try Paul, but not quite correct for Darts or Barracudas.
Mark Janaky
1968 Hemi S/S registry

I like my numbers.

Because,

Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #3765
Liteweight
VIP Member

Here's a pic of my car back in the early 80's stripped of previous paint etc. Of particular interest are the front tires. Formula 1 Super Stocks. Compare with the silver dart below. As far as I remember these were more of a street tire than a race tire. Coincidence?. Jimi Vignona pointed this out to me. Looks like there is the remnants of a dent in front of the rear bumper on the lower quarter also

liteweight

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Liteweight; 10-19-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #3766
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Glad to see the pic from yellow bullet brought over. I could not find it again w my phone after seeing it. I'm from the New York area and have asked around and will continue.
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:18 AM   #3767
Liteweight
VIP Member

The following is copied & pasted from a PM that Terry Witzell sent me. Thankyou for the time you've put towards this. Like you Terry, I really think it's the same car.

liteweight

"Hi, I was the one who originally posted that photo of the Dart from National Speedway. I really believe that is your Dart. I have been doing some digging trying to id that Dart in the photo. I found that photo in a thread about Long Island Dragway on yellowbullet.com. I reposted the photo and asked if anyone knew who's car it was. The guy who took that picture in the 70's replied and said he was twelve at the time and that was his first time at National Speedway and he was just taking pictures of cars he liked. He said he was really taking a picture of the Camaro but got the Dart in the background. He has no idea who owned the dart or who drove it. Then another guy replied and asked why I didn't just contact LAB Machine because that's what was lettered on the front fender. I never saw any lettering on the car, but if you look closely, there may be some lettering. I'm not sure how the guy saw it, but I thought it was worth a shot. I googled LAB Machine in ny and came up with a machine shop in Lindenhurst, New York. I called it and spoke to a gentlemen but didn't get his name. I asked if he had been around there since the 70's and he said yes. I asked if they had sponsored a Dart back in the seventies. At first he said he couldn't remember because it was so long ago and they had sponsored several cars over the years. He said they may have an old catalog around there he wasn't sure. Then he said yes they had sponsored a Hurst Hemi Dart ( all I said was Dart, never mentioned Hemi so I thought it must be true). He said the guy got the car through the local Lindenhurst Dodge dealer but it was long since closed. He said the guy would bring the Dart in every time the car would start to slow down and they would replace the timing chain for him. I asked if he remembered the guy's name, he said no. Then he said wait, it was Bob Lambadino or Lombardino, he couldn't remember for sure, but said he passed away about ten years ago. I started to ask more questions but he said he had a machine running and had to go. I had remembered several years ago in your Dart thread on classracer that someone had mentioned a guy who had bracket raced a Dart, had googled the name and came up with an obituary of a guy that mentioned he had drag raced. So I spent a couple of nights going through the whole Dart thread again, I didn't find the name but took some notes. Paul Ceasarine mentioned that the Manhatten Speed Dart was also called the R & R Plumbing dart in one post. Also a Al Mossarino or Al Mocerino was mentioned, similar name to Bob Lambardino, maybe the LAB Machine guy got it wrong. Also Paul Ceasrine mentioned a Pete Marzec owned the car. I was on the National Speedway Facebook page and a Frank Marzak posted on there. Could it possibly be Pete Marzak and Frank Marzak is related to him, possibly his son. I don't have a Facebook account or I would respond to him. The Dart in the picture I found looks to be silver with a dark insert. It was mentioned that the guy who painted your dart said it had been silver with possibly a dark burgundy insert. Also in the pics of your Dart when it was being restored had unpolished Super Tricks and Formula 1 Super Stock front tires, the Dart in the picture from National had unpolished Super Tricks and Formula 1 Super Stock tires. Also your car had a grump lump hood scoop mounted on top of the original hood scoop which would indicate a tunnel ram being on the car. The Dart from National has a tunnel ram. Sorry for the long post but since you reposted that picture of the Dart from National I felt I should share this info, I was hoping to find out for sure if this info was correct, but haven't been able to yet. Just giving you some more leads to look into. Terry"

I accidently stumbled on Frank Marzak a couple months ago on a group called Connecting Highway on facebook thinking the same thing as Terry, & no, he is unaware of a Pete Marzac.
Daryl

Last edited by Liteweight; 10-20-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #3768
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Here's a pic of my car back in the early 80's stripped of previous paint etc. Of particular interest are the front tires. Formula 1 Super Stocks. Compare with the silver dart below. As far as I remember these were more of a street tire than a race tire. Coincidence?. Jimi Vignona pointed this out to me. Looks like there is the remnants of a dent in front of the rear bumper on the lower quarter also

liteweight

[/QUOTE]

Anyone else notice there is a super-imposed picture of the passenger rear quarter panel and wheel in the picture of the Dart outside the body shop? Please tell me you see it and I am not having a late 60's flashback.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #3769
340duster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes I see it.
340duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #3770
georgep3689

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you run Pete Marzec's name at www.fultonhistory.com there are two articles that come up. Yonkers Ny The Herald statesman and Tarrytown ny daily news 1978. He was a local apprentice instructor either plumbing or electrician. Most likely same guy. Check the white pages for ny to see if he is currently around.
BTW www.fultonhistory.com is a free website that covers all of new york online newspapers with over 28m pages. You can find just about anything.
A lot of local racing was covered.
georgep3689 is offline   Reply With Quote