Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-22-2023, 04:10 PM   #21
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: The Present Points system to win the World Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Yes.

WOW! Where do you get those numbers? I currently budget around $17,000.00 per car to run the NHRA points. That is entry fees, diesel, and hotels.

Where does the new money come from?
Bidenomics?
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 12:05 PM   #22
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 269 Posts

Brian, Exactly.
A couple of years ago I figured up the cost of travel & entries to the complete NMCA series. I figured my fuel (gas) at $3.50 a gallon.( Yes it was Trump times) I have no hotel cost (LQ Trailer) I figured the entry cost, too. Even for me out here on the Texas/Arkansas border it was less than $9,000 for the 6 race series.
I'm pretty sure that mileage would be almost as much as a NHRA div race series and the Nationals required for a Championship. It would be interesting to hear from the Emmons family on the cost of a NHRA Championship. If you are winning races I bet a Championship
can impact your tax liability. NHRA has it right with the exception of points for records.( make Records worth something) No other changes...
Old 12-23-2023, 12:19 PM   #23
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,093 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Not that I want people to think that I'm feeling sorry for them BUT, take a look at the Pro purses vs. the monies spent if you want to talk about "purse structures".

OBTW, while we're talking about the ridiculous purses let us remember, we're ALL running for the same amount of money. I think that for the time being, I'll just keep playing with my "junk".

The pro racers get multi million dollar sponsorships.

I find it amusing that anyone thinks that because some racers have a nicer rig, it's okay to keep the purse low.

And just because a racer loves to race, isn't a reason not to work for the racers to give them the opportunity for a bigger purse.
Liked
Old 12-23-2023, 12:23 PM   #24
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 806 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
Brian, Exactly.
A couple of years ago I figured up the cost of travel & entries to the complete NMCA series. I figured my fuel (gas) at $3.50 a gallon.( Yes it was Trump times) I have no hotel cost (LQ Trailer) I figured the entry cost, too. Even for me out here on the Texas/Arkansas border it was less than $9,000 for the 6 race series.
I'm pretty sure that mileage would be almost as much as a NHRA div race series and the Nationals required for a Championship. It would be interesting to hear from the Emmons family on the cost of a NHRA Championship. If you are winning races I bet a Championship
can impact your tax liability. NHRA has it right with the exception of points for records.( make Records worth something) No other changes...
Hey Adger hope all is well with You oh by the ways did you figure the cost and Up keep on the trailer or tow vehicle including insurace etc ?
Old 12-23-2023, 12:24 PM   #25
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post

WOW! Where do you get those numbers? I currently budget around $17,000.00 per car to run the NHRA points. That is entry fees, diesel, and hotels.

Where does the new money come from?

Hey, let me in on your source for free cars, free race fuel, free slicks, free motor oil, spark plugs, and engine freshen ups. And that's not all. But you have to have all of that covered before entry fees, diesel, and lodging is even necessary.

"New money" could come from NHRA reducing their unnecessary management costs, like a lot of major corporations are doing.
Old 12-23-2023, 12:27 PM   #26
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
NHRA has it right with the exception of points for records.( make Records worth something) No other changes...

I almost agree. But round wins and over all wins in class should score points as well. The performance side of the class should be well incentivized.
Old 12-23-2023, 04:23 PM   #27
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,953 Times in 1,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
The pro racers get multi million dollar sponsorships.

I find it amusing that anyone thinks that because some racers have a nicer rig, it's okay to keep the purse low.

And just because a racer loves to race, isn't a reason not to work for the racers to give them the opportunity for a bigger purse.

I understand that, I was just making a statement.

I certainly hope that you're not referring to me.

I don't believe that ANY Racer "loves to race" more than me. And having supported my racing by racing for a long time, I find today's purses personally insulting.

If I have insulted ANY Racer with my written thoughts, I apologize. HOWEVER, I will continue to race my junk for as long as I enjoy the challenge of it and the people that I meet.
Just one more thing, I have always considered my racing as a business. Now, I'm not a Biondo or Fletcher but I've done OK and it's not good "business" to spend dollars to make pennies.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 04:26 PM   #28
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,953 Times in 1,567 Posts

Quote:
"New money" could come from NHRA reducing their unnecessary management costs, like a lot of major corporations are doing.
That time will come only when the Sportsmen all find the scrodes to stand together and fire the BOD. In other words, never happen!

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-23-2023, 04:48 PM   #29
Dan Bennett

Liked 369 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
That time will come only when the Sportsmen all find the scrodes to stand together and fire the BOD. In other words, never happen!

I agree with the sentiment, but since the proxy vote a long time ago I don't see any way that the membership can do a single thing regarding the board. The rights were given away - it was in the Wally days and most racers I talked to were certain they'd always be taken care of.

In reading all the paperwork I could find, only the board can change the board.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-23-2023, 06:06 PM   #30
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Hey, let me in on your source for free cars, free race fuel, free slicks, free motor oil, spark plugs, and engine freshen ups. And that's not all. But you have to have all of that covered before entry fees, diesel, and lodging is even necessary.
First, I run my program as a business. So, all assets have a depreciation schedule. But, if you wanted to put a yearly schedule on truck, trailer, and racecar, it would be less than $20,000.00 a year. My maintenance is less than $5,000.00 per car each year. This excludes upgrades as they are not a necessity.

Quote:
New money" could come from NHRA reducing their unnecessary management costs, like a lot of major corporations are doing.
I don't see that there is really that much money in that pot, even if you do get your wish.