Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2023, 03:11 PM   #21
B Parker

Liked 2,315 Times in 455 Posts
Default Re: I'd just lke to shout a big THANK YOU to the racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
$500 to win class at Indy and no hp hit.
Glen that’s because B&B paid 400 to any customers that used their engines. What have you really collected ? BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 05:02 PM   #22
Tony Fagnilli

Liked 196 Times in 42 Posts

The stats from the NHRA for my combo is posted on my very first post. Go and check it out. it's pretty awesome. And, it's definitely my fault because I only ran three races in stock.
Tony Fagnilli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 05:28 PM   #23
Tony Fagnilli

Liked 196 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McClanahan 7854 View Post
You could have lowered the average had you truly raced all year and not just 2-3 events. My car was parked since the 4 wide with only 3 races on the combo.

Please, could you do me a favor and define for me what "truly raced" means? I mean obviously, three races isn't truly racing. So, what is? Four races? Is five races "truly racing"? Is six races "truly racing"? Seven? Eight? Truly raced, that's rich. I'm not saying you're an idiot, but that is definitely an idiotic statement.

Take a look at what you did in four races, you single handedly destoyed it. And you're going to blame me. LOL.

What makes matters even worse, is I reached out to you guys last winter, when we got weight the first time. I called your dad and said, respectfully, "Brian, if you guys want to run your car fast, that's fine with me. I would never presume to tell another racer how to run their car. If you want to run fast, let me know and i'll ran fast, too. But, if you want me to run my car slow to help the average, I will. You're dad said, No, no, no we'll work together and do what we need to do so we don't get hit again. I said great, then I'll run my car slow, too.

You guys have been racing Stock forever, how do you not know that after those four races that, it wasn't looking good. By the looks of the stats, you never even tried to slow down.

You created this problem and are blaming me for not being able to fix it. So, please don't put this on me. Thanks

Last edited by Tony Fagnilli; 12-14-2023 at 05:57 PM.
Tony Fagnilli is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-14-2023, 11:14 PM   #24
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 824 Times in 266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Glen that’s because B&B paid 400 to any customers that used their engines. What have you really collected ? BP
$500 Barry
Old 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM   #25
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts

Wow seems like 2010-1 again with the dragpak combo. Might I suggest that someone just put a big swinging stick in it and go and have fun with the original 600 HP rating.

Yes it requires skill to get the chassis set up just so to hook on a 9 inch tire with what is maybe 1200 hp, software tuning will help of course, and actually being able to hit a shift point, would be kind of like a mini-factory X. Fun factor though is priceless....Or just put a SS on the window and be done with it.

Barry, I think 2010 or 11 was the end of the good old class contingency days. It was a viable business plan for Ed when he had the Gremlin, enter a national event with class, win it solo, and more than pay for the entry fee, gas, etc. race the eliminator for free.

Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Fagnilli View Post
Please, could you do me a favor and define for me what "truly raced" means? I mean obviously, three races isn't truly racing. So, what is? Four races? Is five races "truly racing"? Is six races "truly racing"? Seven? Eight? Truly raced, that's rich. I'm not saying you're an idiot, but that is definitely an idiotic statement.

Take a look at what you did in four races, you single handedly destoyed it. And you're going to blame me. LOL.

What makes matters even worse, is I reached out to you guys last winter, when we got weight the first time. I called your dad and said, respectfully, "Brian, if you guys want to run your car fast, that's fine with me. I would never presume to tell another racer how to run their car. If you want to run fast, let me know and i'll ran fast, too. But, if you want me to run my car slow to help the average, I will. You're dad said, No, no, no we'll work together and do what we need to do so we don't get hit again. I said great, then I'll run my car slow, too.

You guys have been racing Stock forever, how do you not know that after those four races that, it wasn't looking good. By the looks of the stats, you never even tried to slow down.

You created this problem and are blaming me for not being able to fix it. So, please don't put this on me. Thanks

Old 12-15-2023, 04:20 PM   #26
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,130 Times in 780 Posts

I no longer race but did for a fairly long time and clearly remember what it was like before Indexes, AHFS and Rules Enhancements.
Today a racer can't run it out the back door with fear of the AHFS and worst of all the dreaded Averages.
There is no more Record Setting or REAL Teardowns.
As mentioned in another thread Class racing has become little more than Bracket Racing and that's a crying shame.
I have to wonder what is the motivation today to build a car that can run 1.2 under or beyond on a soft index?
Thank God for the U.S. Nationals.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 04:52 PM   #27
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,846 Times in 1,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
I no longer race but did for a fairly long time and clearly remember what it was like before Indexes, AHFS and Rules Enhancements.
Today a racer can't run it out the back door with fear of the AHFS and worst of all the dreaded Averages.
There is no more Record Setting or REAL Teardowns.
As mentioned in another thread Class racing has become little more than Bracket Racing and that's a crying shame.
I have to wonder what is the motivation today to build a car that can run 1.2 under or beyond on a soft index?
Thank God for the U.S. Nationals.
Ya know Frank, I was just talking about the old way of getting a H.P. "hit" the other day! You have to wonder which is worse, the AHFS which lets you figure out if your combo is going to get "hit" so you can try and do something about it or the old way where a Tech walks up to you and tells you that you just got a 5-10 H.P. "hit" at the beginning of the race because a Racer 1,500 miles away went fast with your combo.
I would love to hear and see how today's Racers would handle that!
As far as the 1.2 under car thing, I can't figure that out myself. I don't know why a Racer would even paint a car today. There's no sponsors and there's no purse.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 09:01 PM   #28
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know Frank, I was just talking about the old way of getting a H.P. "hit" the other day! You have to wonder which is worse, the AHFS which lets you figure out if your combo is going to get "hit" so you can try and do something about it or the old way where a Tech walks up to you and tells you that you just got a 5-10 H.P. "hit" at the beginning of the race because a Racer 1,500 miles away went fast with your combo.
As far as the 1.2 under car thing, I can't figure that out myself. I don't know why a Racer would even paint a car today. There's no sponsors and there's no purse.
Ya know Billy I'll try to answer this one for you. It's called

PRIDE

Gosh Mark I'd wish it would snow !! BP
Old 12-15-2023, 09:35 PM   #29
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Part two I was lucky or maybe not lucky enough to ever get HP the old style. Back in the dinosaur years of Stock most of us ran are cars pretty close to their ability. Holding a tenth or a little more. Thats not even close to what we have today. I do believe we need the AHFS. The easy answer is to lower the index's one or two tenths. It's only a Band-Aid and the currant AHFS would still be flawed. BP
Old 12-16-2023, 08:34 AM   #30
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,846 Times in 1,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Ya know Billy I'll try to answer this one for you.
It's called PRIDE BP
I think that it better fits the definition of EGO.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote