Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #21
holley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Copo Camaro 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by holley View Post
Do you have possession of this car.If you do it's was obviously built in
" 2012" if so did you run the car yet. Many call cars built in the later part of the 2012 a 2013, not sure how that works with COPO race car.

This car is from 2012 not a 2013. Shows up on one of the auction sites.
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #22
holley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holley View Post
This car is from 2012 not a 2013. Shows up on one of the auction sites.

Here tis:http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...N1112-145979#2
Old 03-23-2013, 01:45 AM   #23
holley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
If anyone is interested 2013 COPO, #32, 427, power glide, Black. This car is for sale. If anyone is interested please PM me. $125,000 firm.
Hey bud you got a 2012 COPO.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
George Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

COPO cars are clearly identified by year in their numerical ID plate riveted to the dash, under the windshield where a production car has a VIN tag. Also the laminated build sheet in the trunk and all other Chevrolet paperwork shows year. There should never be any confusion as to the year of these cars. Chevrolet has made that very clear and easily recognized.
George Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
Rat Raceway

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lyons View Post
COPO cars are clearly identified by year in their numerical ID plate riveted to the dash, under the windshield where a production car has a VIN tag. Also the laminated build sheet in the trunk and all other Chevrolet paperwork shows year. There should never be any confusion as to the year of these cars. Chevrolet has made that very clear and easily recognized.
Rat Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #26
Timberline

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The car is a 2013 COPO. I am posting it for a small Chevrolet dealer who is a good friend of mine that has ordered the car and is selling it. No it has not been built yet expected delivery is early-mid summer.
Yes there is 2012 COPO #32 that is black this is not the same car.
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #27
holley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
The car is a 2013 COPO. I am posting it for a small Chevrolet dealer who is a good friend of mine that has ordered the car and is selling it. No it has not been built yet expected delivery is early-mid summer.
Yes there is 2012 COPO #32 that is black this is not the same car.
Thanks for clearing this up
Old 03-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #28
George Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Something strange here. A Chevrolet dealer cannot "order" a COPO. A retail customer applies to Chevy Performance. If he is chosen from the pool he can then select the dealer of his choice to handle the transaction. The car never goes to the dealership. The only reason a Chevrolet dealer is even involved in all this is for GM to stay in compliance with their dealer franchise agreements as to selling cars. The Chevy dealer does in fact make a very low percentage commission on the deal rightfully so. It is their product line of which they own a franchise and are entitled to some profit from a sale in their market.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Timberline

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are correct for 2012. Things changed for 2013.

Dealers also had a chance to opt in for the COPO lottery where a third party picked the winning chances. Chevrolet Performance made the calls to notify the lucky ones. The winning dealer is notified and was given 24 hours to decide if they wanted to take delivery or not. If they declined the chance went to next dealer.

This particular car was accepted and the dealer will be the purchaser if a buyer is not found before delivery day and the dealer would have to pick up the car from Detroit just like a private customer would. All 69 of the purchasers get a tour of the COPO assembly plant. If a buyer chose to be a part of the engine build they would get a tour of the engine plant.

As a racer myself I posted this car here because I hope a racer will buy it and race it. I do not want it to be hidden away in someone's private collection never to be seen or raced.

All COPO's need to be raced and enjoyed as the drag cars that they are.
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
George Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So to be clear, the dealer is actually in the lottery as a retail buyer. He is not getting called to take a car as a Chevrolet dealer to then market to a customer. I really see no difference from last year. A dealer could have been in the pool in 2012 no different than 2013, and have got the call. A Chevrolet dealer can NOT order a COPO from what I have been told by the people involved in this project. If a dealer is in fact picked and gets a car I suppose he is free to market the car no different than others who took a car to flip and see a profit. Clearly not the intent but GM has no control over this after the car is sold by them to anybody.