Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Attention Jim Waibel Broken Down in North Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebw31 View Post
Boy ED, you put me in my "place" LOL Man, I really feel bad now! NOT

However, you are right, I am gone.
No I just stated the obvious.You put yourself in your place.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #23
FlyingW

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ok Dave,

Ok, at this point, I have had enough. As you said in your post "call me stupid" ok, STUPID. I'm not sure if you have fell and hit your head or drank to much "re" with your "tard" this morrning, but lets look at a few things of which have been said:

1. If you are such a great driver why were you trying to CHEAT by using backwards pistons? Altered Pistons that are not stock configuration that will still pass tech.. not sure but sounds like cheating to me... just saying...

2. As for your RHS sponsorship. They like a fool placed an Ad in National Dragster against Dad. This called him out saying he was not able to build a chevy to beat the olds. That was not the case since the next time National Dragster wrote it said "Zap goes the record that old Waibel sure is able".

Dad also has many more records and wins and recognitions. To name a few:

1968 Division 2 champ
1969-1970 Smothers Brothers racing
1971-1974 Oldsmobile racing
1972 NHRA Engine builder of the year.
1972 Car Craft allstars

2003 NHRA Division 2 Hall of fame
2006 Old Drag racer reuion hall of fame

Many of these awards had to be voted on by other racers and engine builders. If he screwed so many people he would not of recieved the votes.
So if out of all the great things my father has accoplished from just being Dad to working in our local community to racing you feel like you recieved a raw deal than I guess you should of filed a complaint then. The complaint department of today has a real big case of D.G.S.

I do ask that your opinions stay to yourself and not in the air as I will not allow for this behavior against my family.

A great man I know once said:
".... this is what happens when you give a high performance motor to a low performance person."

Thank You
Jeremy Waibel
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #24
Bench Racer

Liked 99 Times in 21 Posts

Ed said it best!! Don Jackson
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #25
rowdyboys31

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeremy, You forgot about the 1968 CarCraft Issue that somebody named Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins picks the best engine builders and guess who's shop was in there. yep W JKeihn 3954
rowdyboys31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
FlyingW

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Actually.. I never knew about that!!! If you happen to have that issue or know anyone that does, I would LOVE to see it...

Jeremy Waibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyboys31 View Post
Jeremy, You forgot about the 1968 CarCraft Issue that somebody named Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins picks the best engine builders and guess who's shop was in there. yep W JKeihn 3954
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #27
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 667 Times in 210 Posts
Cool Re: Attention Jim Waibel Broken Down in North Florida

Jeremy, just remember that with every successful person, there probably is a small minded jealous little failure that is a detractor. It has been said that you can always evaluate a person and his character by who his enemies are. About the engine failures, its true that some persons could break a bowling ball with a rubber hammer in a sand box if you gave them half a chance. Chin up, don't let one person get to you.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #28
Joe DeMarzo

Liked 114 Times in 9 Posts

Did your Dad ever get home safey?

I am lost on this silly drama from 30 years ago.... I believe the diagnosis would be passive aggressive personality with delusional tendancies.

Smoke a bone and move on. Like ground hog day all over again.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe DeMarzo View Post
Did your Dad ever get home safey?

I am lost on this silly drama from 30 years ago.... I believe the diagnosis would be passive aggressive personality with delusional tendancies.

Smoke a bone and move on. Like ground hog day all over again.
Joe;

The whole point of this thread is Mr. and Mrs. Waibel were broken down and need some help. Sadly, the thread got hijacked into these old allegations and bad feelings from 30+ years ago that had nothing to do with the subject at hand.

To answer your question, yes Mr. and Mrs. Waibel arrived home safely. Last Sunday evening after seeing Jeremy's message on here I made contact with Jim, then contacted my friend Richard Rivers who told me he had a alternator that he thought would work. We met up with the Waibels where they were stopped at I-75 and Hwy. 326 just north of Ocala. We discovered that the alternator Richard had would not work, so we made phone calls to several parts stores hoping to find one that might be open. Being that it was around 8:30 P.M. on a Sunday we had no luck. There were no motels at this exit from I-75, so we got them to a motel at the next exit south so they could spend the night. I was at my local NAPA parts store at 7 A.M. when they opened Monday morning, got the alternator that they needed, Richard picked them up from the motel and we got the aternator installed and got them on their way.

This was a combined effort from myself, Richard Rivers who some of you may know from seeing him helping Brien Radley at alot of the races, and Gainesville Raceway's RFC Chaplan Phil Greene.

It was a honor to help someone legendary like Mr. Waibel, but fact is he was a fellow racer in need and I was glad I was able to help.

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham

Last edited by Joe Pinkston; 01-08-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: can't type correctly while being destracted by my kids
Joe Pinkston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #30
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,680 Times in 342 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Smile Re: Attention Jim Waibel Broken Down in North Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pinkston View Post
Joe;

The whole point of this thread is Mr. and Mrs. Waibel were broken down and need some help. Sadly, the thread got hijacked into these old allegations and bad feelings from 30+ years ago that had nothing to do with the subject at hand.

To answer your question, yes Mr. and Mrs. Waibel arrived home safely. Last Sunday evening after seeing Jeremy's message on here I made contact with Jim, then contacted my friend Richard Rivers who told me he had a alterator that he thought would work. We met up with the Waibels where they were stopped at I-75 and Hwy. 326 just north of Ocala. We discovered that the alterator Richard had would not work, so we made phone calls to several parts stores hoping to find one that might be open. Being that it was around 8:30 P.M. on a Sunday we had no luck. There were no motels at this exit from I-75, so we got them to a motel at the next exit south so they could spend the night. I was at my local NAPA parts store at 7 A.M. when they opened Monday morning, got the alternator that they needed, Richard picked them up from the motel and we got the aternator installed and got them on their way.

This was a combined effort from myself, Richard Rivers who some of you may know from seeing him helping Brien Radley at alot of the races, and Gainesville Raceway's RFC Chaplan Phil Greene.

It was a honor to help someone legendary like Mr. Waibel, but fact is he was a fellow racer in need and I was glad I was able to help.

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham
Mr.Pinkston -- Kudos to you and your I-75 team - what this sport needs is more folks like yourselves who will go out of their way to help others in trouble without asking whats in it for me . And I'll bet you'll be on the Waibels' Christmas card list forever ............