HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #21
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Congrats to the "Droozemobile" at Reading

Thanks to all you who have supported and encouraged us along this long and often frustrating road..

Chris put a lot of himself into this car, and the suspension components were all of his choosing, so the the fact Keith took the car into the air and it came down so sweet and soft is all Chris' work.

Believe me, this was an awesome, and long awaited moment for the New Hemi team.

And it wouldn't have happened without Keith Lynch. Chris connected us with Keith, and Keith built this last motor as I watched and hoped we were making the right choices and doing the right things. I never really doubted Keith, but I missed Chris and his way of doing things, so it was new to me. But now, to finally see the combination of Chris's work, and Keith's work come together in such a statement making way, is such an absolutely amazing thing, that it is simply hard to describe how I feel. But I am certainly pumped up right now.

Here at the track, many have come up to me to express their feelings about Chris and to donate to the kid's fund. And many have congratulated us on the run today.

Thanks to everyone. And may God Bless, you all richly for your support and encouragement, and all of your help!

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 10-08-2010 at 09:26 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: Congrats to the "Droozemobile" at Reading

I will be at Reynolds next week for the Div 2 race and have plenty of the Memorial Decals for you racers who wish to donate to Chris' kids! Give all you can guys! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #23
E MAN 1982

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Congrats to the "Droozemobile" at Reading

I had the opportunity to meet David yesterday. He "leaked" some information on the Doozemobile HP capabilities. I'm happy to report he was dead nuts on! Congradulations. Eric
E MAN  1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #24
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh yes, and they did hand out Wallys to the class winners.. No big photo against a nice background, but hey.... the Wally is still nice to have.

Once for Best Appearing car, One for class Winners and we might even get one for best appearing crew... or not.... But I think we have more Wallys in our future.

David
The New hemi Guy
Old 10-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #25
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Absolutely, can not express how happy I am for you.

I am sure Keith did what he knows has worked for years.

It takes a team to have things come together.

It takes passion and a reason, which I know you have.

Sorry, for hoping you were going to be in and out of my B/SA class quickly.

Say hi to Keith for me.

:-) peace
Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #26
Peter Ash

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

David

Congratulations on an outstanding performance! You surely can take pride in all the effort put into your results!

Peter
Peter Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #27
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

David, how close to the minimun were you all on weight? The way I figured it your min. is 3128 lb.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #28
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHemi View Post
Oh yes, and they did hand out Wallys to the class winners.. No big photo against a nice background, but hey.... the Wally is still nice to have.

Once for Best Appearing car, One for class Winners and we might even get one for best appearing crew... or not.... But I think we have more Wallys in our future.

David
The New hemi Guy
FYI - NHRA will sell you duplicates if you want one for family, team member, sponsor, etc. They used to be $125 but I'm sure they have gone up & there is probably a limit. But for such an emotional victory, it would seem warranted. Call Glendora, CA for info.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #29
skills

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it would be fun to make a class or two for the new factory cars like they did for the hemis in super stock. Add the camaro and any other company that could build one maybe toyota or honda. Class would be fun I believe and good for the fans. Congrats on the run and will you be at the Dutch?
skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #30
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, we didn't go very far in eliminations as you all know, but we are still trying to figure out this beast.

Everyone was giving us word that it was between 2 and 6 hundreds slower that morning, and as we looked at our weather gear, we also figured it might be a couple slower.... But apparently nobody told the car.

Our first issue with the elimination run was that leaving at the same time as the previous run, was leaving too way soon, as the car hooked like we thought this car should hook. Our 60 foot time was monster for a car like this one. And our second issue was that the car liked the air so much better than anyone thought, so we actually ran faster than yesterday. Oh Well, when we learn what this car will do, and where, and when it will do it, we will be just fine.

As for our weight, if we keep running this way, we will forget about taking out all of that extra weight that we thought would keep us in low tens. In fact, we may need to add more somewhere.

After sitting on the sidelines at so many races, for nearly a year I just think that this car is like a championship thoroughbred horse who now, when it finally gets it chance, simply won't be held back from its destiny.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 10-11-2010 at 05:49 PM.