Default Re: Reunited

Teach the kids how to Freshen - bracket race- and class race
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
John Leichtamer Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For all the Nova Lovers, Real Deal Steel will be bringing out a new steel body(2DR Hardtop)in the near future.. Check their web site,realdealsteel.com.

Hammer
John Leichtamer Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #23
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My 71 ventura is/was my first race car ive had it for 27 years and it was my daily driver for 4 years and i plan to race it til i cant anymore then my kids can and will fight over it
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #24
cbohannon

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Ronnie,

My first ride: A 55' chevy that Red Morris still runs at the valley. I have told him as well as every other member of his family that I want it if he ever decides to move it. We only bracket raced it, but Red runs it in IHRA crate motor stock some times, it's orange/white two tone. I was 16 and racing a stock stick shift Opel GT in gambler races, Dad had to come and get me with it broke down on the way to school one too many times, so he decided he would show me how to race the right way.....two weeks later his street ride (the 55') was my first racecar. I can remember winning the gambler race on the first wednesday night we ever tested the car, Mom still has pictures somewhere. It ran 6.80's or so on the 1/8th, and what I remember most about it was how easy it was to just go to the track and enjoy driving it. Makes me miss Pop just thinking about it, thanks for the post
cbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #25
John Dinkel

Liked 234 Times in 63 Posts
Smile Re: Reunited

Bought a 64 Plymouth in 72. Been racing it since then. The old Max Wedge has been a lot of fun. It's broken about everything that can be broken but then that's what it's all about.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #26
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Reunited

Scotty D,,, One of the things I've regretted over the years was selling my '66 Nova SS. It was a 327, 4speed, 557 geared wheelstanding ball of fun back in the 70s and 80s. If you have one now and have an irreplaceable opportunity to do something with your kids involving the car, I'd say jump into Stock with it,(something else I never did) and enjoy the learning curve with your family. How can you go wrong? By the time your young man is ready to drive, think of the experiences you will have shared, and how big his "ball of knowledge' will be. My 2 cents,,,have fun with your Chevy II!
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #27
Ronnie Smith Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing your stories, they are all great ones. Each of those brings back the "good ole days" for each of us as we were growing up or learning the ropes of this sport called drag racing - or street racing in the earlier days.

Keep the stories coming. I enjoy reading them.
Ronnie Smith Jr is offline   Reply With Quote