Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #21
Floyd Staggs
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 95 Posts
Default Re: Diapers for stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Kelliher View Post
As far as I can tell STK/SS is not a major oildown problem. They can't hold a candle to the alcohol, Top, and "Super" categories. If they want to reduce overall oildowns then outlaw throttlestops and make 2000 HP engines a disadvantage. A mild big block can run 9.90s in a dragster no problem.
I heard the opposite from a division director. He said he had more down time for stock/superstock than any other class.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #22
Floyd Staggs
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Were they regular or super absorbant?
I've got a leaky old big block so I got the super absorbent.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #23
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Diapers for stock

Yes we make a diaper just for the Camaro,Nova and Chev The diaper you are talking about has factory motor mounts cut out and has 3000 degree heat cloth sew on the side for close headers.DRE is the only diaper company that makes these diapers.Check out my web site there is a u-tube video of one on there.Also we do the oil pans with drag link through the pan.We can build a diaper for any car, I will answer any questions you have just call me 217-454-5289 P.S. alot of stock/super stock guys are getting diapers even though they are not required to.They tell me they have too much in their car to take any chances.
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAPERMAN View Post
Yes we make a diaper just for the Camaro,Nova and Chev The diaper you are talking about has factory motor mounts cut out and has 3000 degree heat cloth sew on the side for close headers.DRE is the only diaper company that makes these diapers.Check out my web site there is a u-tube video of one on there.Also we do the oil pans with drag link through the pan.We can build a diaper for any car, I will answer any questions you have just call me 217-454-5289 P.S. alot of stock/super stock guys are getting diapers even though they are not required to.They tell me they have too much in their car to take any chances.
See,you make it and some people will use it.I dont think NHRA should make it mandetory
where it isn't a large problem.Democracy in action.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #25
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dumb question, really dumb....

Do you see oil temp increase with use of a diaper ?

Or engine temp in general ?

What does it take to "fit" or spec a diaper ? Im assuming engine in car/correct chassis ?

Something about wrapping the bottom end of an engine up makes me twitch, but I do understand the reason, and for more our own peace of mind, especially after our dyno issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by et7333 View Post
Do any of the stock classes require diapers?
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #26
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 809 Times in 217 Posts

Is there a libility issue if a racer breaks a engine and the oil is in the diapher and then the headers start the oil on fire and the cars burns to the ground? just curious .next question My oil pan is about 3 inches from the ground ,this is the Min per NHRA now how will i put a diapher on my oil pan without vio;iting the NHRA rules ?? Just curious>
Old 02-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #27
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I sure dono the answer to that, what I do know is that would lead to a very real and very sad sight of me doing my "Ricky Bobby" imperenations, including the complete breakdown......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Is there a libility issue if a racer breaks a engine and the oil is in the diapher and then the headers start the oil on fire and the cars burns to the ground? just curious .next question My oil pan is about 3 inches from the ground ,this is the Min per NHRA now how will i put a diapher on my oil pan without vio;iting the NHRA rules ?? Just curious>
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #28
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Diapers for stock

To answer the first question our diapers are thin and light weight you will not have heat issue,we all know you only get about 3 passes all day at NHRA events.DRE diapers are sized to fit your engine so they dont hang down .Don yes you can come up with all kinds of negatives to the diaper I have heard them all,but I have heard Hundreds of racers that we have saved thier car and maybe thier life.So if you blowed the motor with no diaper you would not have to worry about the fire,just hang on for the ride when the oil hits the tires and the sudden stop when you hit the wall or the racer in the other lane.I will agree some cars are going to be more trouble to run a diaper,but we are not the creator of the rules we are here to help thanks for ?
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #29
71mavlouisville

Liked 28 Times in 1 Post

I am building a new SS car and have the diaper in place. I got mine from Dennis. I wouldn't dream of not running one. I think they should be required, why not? The diapers are inexpensive, easy to install, and can save your life. What's not to like? Waiting for an oil down is not fun for anyone at the track. I remember being at a divisional one time and they had 3 oil downs in 6 pairs of cars. That made for 6 cars going down the track in 3 hours. That sucks no matter how you look at it. We as racers have to take some responsibility for a situation like that. Being my own engine builder I also like the mental freedom of not thinking about the engine once I am in the car. I like knowing that I can run it WFO and if it blows, oh well, I lost the engine but not the car. I have a friend who runs a comp eliminator dragster and had the belly pan in place last year when he kicked the rods out on top end. All of the oil was contained and he stopped the car without any problems. You can't tell me that if you are on top end and the engine blows that you are going to have some confidence to step on the brakes if you have a diaper in place, vs stepping on the brakes without a diaper in place. Not trying to argue but to me this is common sense.
71mavlouisville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #30

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been using a DRE diaper for over a year with no oil temperature problems.
7820 is offline   Reply With Quote