HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #21
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,207 Times in 1,612 Posts
Default Re: We need a new "instant" trigger!

Jack, OK 25 HP in one shot instead of 2 or 3 shots. 225 lbs will slow your LS-1 down what? 1.8 tenths? Your still 1.22 under. You aren't getting any sympathy here pal.
Art, I still remember being there on that day and I don't remember you getting any sympathy from Jack but t
hen you were in one of those oddball, slow cars and not an LS-1 Firebird.
Chad, something like that might wirk but lower the trigger to -1.35.

I'm OK..........it's everybody else.
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #22
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
how about this.

1.400-1.424 under = 3.5%
1.425-1.449 under = 5%
1.450-1.474 under = 7%
1.475 under or more = 10%

or 1% for every .01 under 1.40
Chad's idea is really like what we have in comp-the amount of the adjustment depends on how far under a car runs-this strikes me what people are or should be looking for in adjusting soft combos. The only argument is the increments, say 1.400-1.429 = 3.55; 1.43-1.459 = 5%, well you get the idea, and that's why he added or 1% for every .01. You guys know stock really well and you ought to bring it either the SRAC or get the attention of tech people at NHRA. I'm still optimistic enough to think that if they'd be willing to change something if they can say it's what the racers wanted.
david ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Chad, something like that might wirk but lower the trigger to -1.35.
Billy, you are a lot smarter than that so I assume that's a typo-are you going to Atco next week?
david ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #24
ss3845

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can make the trigger/penalty anything you want. The majority of the racers will just adjust to keep under it. Instead worrying about one guy and an odd ball combo you should be looking at the guys who make all their runs at -1.00 under and then get in the cic race and are going -1.25 - 1.40 under. Leaving the event with no run to make a trigger for the AHFS.

The AHFS is doomed to fail because the only incentive for going fast is that you will get HP. If the top 5 qualifiers got paid like the winner and R/U the current rules would have everything sorted out pretty quick. That sounds just as crazy as the AHFS.
ss3845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #25
Mike Meier

Liked 39 Times in 8 Posts
Lightbulb Re: We need a new "instant" trigger!

No disrespect meant to anyone, but instead of looking at it like "a 5% hit is 200 lbs or so" how about you just MOVE TO THE HIGHER CLASS!!! Then the only weight you need to move around are those little letters on your window!

Another deep thought brought to you by Zippy! Oh and hi Billy.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #26
John Duzac

Liked 85 Times in 20 Posts
Exclamation Re: We need a new "instant" trigger!

Art Leong, I think you are right. When someone runs a number at an altitude factured track that run should be counted. Another thing should be also considered: When a racer makes a 140 + run, how does anyone know if he/she is legal. That is really unfail to the rest of the folks running that combination. I often thought what if someone was running an illegal combination was cheating or any combination. Then they ran it out the back door and it went 140 under. We all know it would get H.P. on Monday. The worst part it was an illegal engine and hurt everyone with that combination. That car should be torn down to make sure the car is legal before to getting H.P. If the car is found to be legal, than he/she gets the record.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #27
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Duzac View Post
Art Leong, I think you are right. When someone runs a number at an altitude factured track that run should be counted. Another thing should be also considered: When a racer makes a 140 + run, how does anyone know if he/she is legal. That is really unfail to the rest of the folks running that combination. I often thought what if someone was running an illegal combination was cheating or any combination. Then they ran it out the back door and it went 140 under. We all know it would get H.P. on Monday. The worst part it was an illegal engine and hurt everyone with that combination. That car should be torn down to make sure the car is legal before to getting H.P. If the car is found to be legal, than he/she gets the record.
i agree. before any combo gets hp there should be a teardown. whats to stop someone from torpedoing someone else's combo with a blatantly illegal motor
Old 03-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #28
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

There have been years of data compiled. Take all the data, do run completion on 1000' times, and compare everything to a -1.00 under baseline, and adjust *everybody's* HP once now, and be done with it. A ton of work once, and then just fine adjustments after that. How long has it taken to get HP factors even somewhat in line on some combinations using the AHFS? While people didn't like the politics of the pre-AHFS days, at least common sense *could* be applied.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #29
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,207 Times in 1,612 Posts

Dave, you've seen my fingers! They're kind of like these blunt objects sticking out of my hands and the I is right next to the O.

I'm OK..........it's everybody else.
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #30
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,774 Times in 357 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Smile Re: We need a new "instant" trigger!

Billy -- Its starting to sound like you're making this personal -- its not -- at least for me -- I don't want sympathy from anyone ...........let alone you my friend .