Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #21
J.Dillinger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Once again a bogus combination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Well, call me a fool. I would rather be a fooled racer than a spectator that hasn't been fooled. With all do respect to Terry and Bruce, we are friends, but you guys do not race NHRA, I do.

I'm having fun and its obvious your not. The old days are gone, and if you don't like what NHRA has done you need not support them. I can respect that, but you guys never have a good word for NHRA and it just gets kind of old.

I maybe a fool, but I am a happy fool
I believe that you really believe the 352 Crate ford is dead on @285HP
J.Dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #22
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,355 Times in 415 Posts
Talking Re: Once again a bogus combination

There is an old saying that "you can't be a victim if you volunteer". Ken is simply saying precisely that; if you don't like what the NHRA is doing, then don't participate.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #23
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

There is gonna be room out here for all of us. After the next couple races, there might be some adjustments to make some people happy, some people mad, and some people are never happy. I can speak from expereience that the Challenger is a real chore to get to the track, and I think we know what we are doing. There will be some that will never be started, but it won't be from choice. I think if I started today building a new Challenger and a new 69 Super Bee 6 pack, I could get the 6-pak to the track sooner. A SS/AH would take a little longer, and who wants one anyway. Just the thoughts of a guy who is too old and should quit.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #24
John Leichtamer Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ken

How long are you going to be happy when you keep getting your *** beat by the new underrated Mustangs & Challenger????????

Hammer

I love Ford Loyalty
John Leichtamer Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #25
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Greg,

The camshaft spec is wrong, it should be .512/.512, just to set the record straight. Maybe you will be gone Greg, but I will still be having fun.

Terry, Stk and SS are dead for guys like you, The numbers from NHRA are higher then ever before for competition numbers in stock eliminator.

You can change with the times or you can dream about the old days. There is no future in the past.

Ken, I wont call you a fool but the numbers are not higher than ever for entry into a
National event Look at the these two events!!
Houston SS Class race 100 car quota only 54 entered 53 actually qualified
Vegas Stock Class race and always has large number of cars only 72 stockers
out of 120 quota And this is a All Out Race Track no AHFS in play, Where in the
world are you getting your info from ???
Last years Vegas 1 race and not a class race had 105 cars entered.
Vegas 2 Race was a Class race with 132 cars entered and this is only stock.

How can you sit there and write that the numbers are higher this year ?

#746 E/SA
Bob Aceves
A&M motorsports
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #26
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Smile Re: Once again a bogus combination

Quote:
Well, call me a fool. I would rather be a fooled racer than a spectator that hasn't been fooled. With all do respect to Terry and Bruce, we are friends, but you guys do not race NHRA, I do.

I'm having fun and its obvious your not. The old days are gone, and if you don't like what NHRA has done you need not support them. I can respect that, but you guys never have a good word for NHRA and it just gets kind of old.

I maybe a fool, but I am a happy fool
Ken....Its not the new technology, or the newer body styles that gets these guys upset. Its the bogus BS horsepower ratings. I like the new stuff but they should be classed either by themselves (like the FI cars of a few years ago) until the AHFS takes care of them or be rated higher by both associations. The fact that they are not show room avaliable dosent bother me either. A lot of cool stockers of today were not really avaliable they way they are being raced today but at least they are in thier correct class (or close). Im not bashing NHRA over this but they do seem to dragging thier feet to correct the problem. Somebody sure as heck hasent been watching the store. The only people who are really happy about these new combos are the fortunate few who can afford one and have been able to aquire one. As far as racing Im (1) to old now except to do it for fun and (2) my retirement $$$ dosent go as far as a real pay check. By the way dont be surprised to see me out there again fairly soon. I like to give it one more blast before I croak but it sure wont be in one of the higher classes as much as I would like one. Im not far from Bradenton and Gaineville and the local stock S/S circuits look like the way to go for me.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
Wayne Kerr

Liked 26 Times in 11 Posts

Jeff,
Hang in there buddy,
This is one of those deals that nobody can agree on,
sort of like the pit bulls are great pet argument.

See you at the races,
Wayne Kerr
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #28
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey pit bulls do make good pets. Just as Michael Vick!!
Floyd Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #29
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,930 Times in 1,299 Posts

J.Dillinger,

Yes I believe the 352 is dead on with the hp of 285. I also believe GM when they said the LT1 came in the 98 Camaro and Firebird. When GM said a Ford rack and pinion came all 93 and up Camaro's and Firebird's. I believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, but then again I'm fool. What do you believe?

John Leichtamer Jr,

I have had my *** kicked by the 396's, the 440's, the 426's and man I'm sore, so it does not really matter that there are two more combo's who can put a whooping on me, I'm tough. I'm not going anywhere, you see I'm have fun at the track. I can get beat many ways, whether someone out drives me or out runs me. I will still have fun and look forward to the next race, how about you?

Bob,

The numbers I site are racers with current stock eliminator competition numbers not the entry list. The quato's you bring up are just quato's, they mean nothing. If you would like, give me some time and I will look in the archives of the last 15 to 20 years and see what the numbers are. If Stock is dying or loosing participants like you contend, then why is this site so popular. This site has grown more in the last 2 year then ever before.

Bob, I just check on some numbers for you. Houston 1999, SS 43 qualified. Houston 2010, SS 53 Qualified.

I do agree over all numbers are down, but racing goes in cycles, just like everything else. It does not mean the racing is dying. Being a dome a gloom guy makes for an unhappy person. I want to be happy, even if I am a fool.

Terry,

Great to hear your coming back, I know you will have a good time. As for the rest your post.... blah blah blah, I have heard it over and over again, my ears are bleeding..... Stock is not Stock. When the first stocker came to the track with a none stock part, stock was no longer stock. There have always be soft HP numbers, deal with it or stay home. Fair, maybe not, but what the hell is fair in this world?
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #30
Joe DeMarzo

Liked 114 Times in 9 Posts

I'm with Ken on this one, I had a ball at Atco and have yet to race and get beat by one of the new cars. Sure they are fast but until the fill the field everyone has a shot at winning. I am as afraid to race one of them as they are of me. Bring it on and lets have some fun.
I refuse to dwell on what could be when I am having to much fun with what I have. Lots of racers are behind Ken but find this argument laborious and petty.