Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #21
63corvette

Liked 300 Times in 91 Posts
Default Re: NHRA reinstates Sportsman oil down penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Worner View Post
Dave, what we should do is go to the competition committee with this proposal:

If a race is shortened due to problems with the facility and runs are taken away from the sportsman classes, those classes should be given some of their entry fee back if they don't get a minimum of at least 2 qualifying/time runs! Also, if class eliminations are scheduled and are not run off, money should be refunded!

I would say $100 of the $300, or 1/3 of the entry fee, should be refunded in this event! That sounds fair to me! If their complaint is having to pay extra for people to clean up the mess of an oil down, and it delays the racing or costs racers their run, it's only fair if we have our track time taken away by problems that occur because the facility is not properly constructed, that we get some of our money back!!!

Heck, they would still be getting $200 out of us!!! More than Force pays!!
Does SC, SG, or SST get class eliminations at any of the Nationals?
Just asking what is FAIR about that?
My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #22
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
Does SC, SG, or SST get class eliminations at any of the Nationals?
Just asking what is FAIR about that?
My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
Care to explain the structure for CLASS eliminations for the super catogories?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #23
63corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
Care to explain the structure for CLASS eliminations for the super catogories?
Ed, my point was why should Stock and Super Stock even get a class eliminations race at a National Event when they get the same Eliminator Race that all the other classes get anyway for the same entry price. The quote I posted in the question was how can it be fair to get part of the entry fee back for not getting class eliminations if they were not run. Please read all the quote and you can see what my question was really about.
Stock and Super Stock get two races for one entry and contingency awards for class and all the other things for that same entry fee.
Should all the other classes get two shots at the eliminator race?
What is FAIR about that to the other categories?
Just Asking?
Rick Cates
Old 01-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #24
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rick you must not be a class racer. It's clear you know nothing about it. Must be a box boy.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #25
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
Ed, my point was why should Stock and Super Stock even get a class eliminations race at a National Event when they get the same Eliminator Race that all the other classes get anyway for the same entry price. The quote I posted in the question was how can it be fair to get part of the entry fee back for not getting class eliminations if they were not run. Please read all the quote and you can see what my question was really about.
Stock and Super Stock get two races for one entry and contingency awards for class and all the other things for that same entry fee.
Should all the other classes get two shots at the eliminator race?
What is FAIR about that to the other categories?
Just Asking?
Rick Cates
It's just a matter of the way the classes are structured.Take it a little further.We S/SS are lucky if we get 2 time shots (usually all in the same day).The pros usually get 4,spread out over two days.You can argue different scenarios into the night.Any system that is used will always find detractors.
Yo (super classes) and I (S/SS) are at the bottom of the totem pole.
I'll be happy if they remove us from nationals and give us two sports nats in each division.They wouldn't lose any entry fee $$$ either
because our entry fees would go into their pockets anyways.And hopefully we would have a less hassled race.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA

Last edited by Ed Fernandez; 01-20-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #26
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry 6674 View Post
rick you must not be a class racer. It's clear you know nothing about it. Must be a box boy.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #27
63corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry 6674 View Post
Rick you must not be a class racer. It's clear you know nothing about it. Must be a box boy.
I was probably racing the stock class before you were born or still in diapers.
I have class win trophy's before they were Wally's from the 60's.
So I do know a little more than you might think.
I am retired and I do run SG today because I am old and can just race a car now and not work as hard at it as in the past. Running SG is much less work than Stock so I do know that much.
My quip in the beginning was why would anyone get a partial refund for not running class at a National Event due to time. I have raced at National Events with only one time run and then to eliminations. The Seattle event in 2009 there was 0 time runs for the Super Categories and on to eliminations but I did not go to that race. All of us pay the same entry fees last time I looked so that was the whole point, nothing else.
I enjoyed my time in Stock but I just like to go racing and not work as hard at it as I did in my younger days. NHRA is making it less fun all the time so I am not sure I will continue to spend my Social Security with NHRA.
My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #28
keith ohanesian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Then Rich you should know why.. If it wasn't for class racing you and your box racing would never be there..

Next year is gonna be great! Anybody that knows me knows that it is very possible that I could leave a National having to pay over 2 grand in fines and have to break a friends golf cart out of jail.

And ha I heard that spectators are gonna have right of way over ALL sportman cars also... I'll be like Dale Sr. driving thru those crowds..

Wait till these dumb f's start charging for your dogs that everyone has to bring to the track.. Why are there so many freaking dogs? and poo poo everywhere!

Bryan the last time Tueton got involved in something with NHRA these under rated DP ( DOUBLE PENATRATION) cars were built.

Last edited by keith ohanesian; 01-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.
keith ohanesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #29
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Keith, you may have the wrong mindset here. First I've never met a racer that intended on oiling the track, that's just bad manners, second to intentionally run over a spectator is just plain STUPID!!!! Remeber we are "SPORTSMAN" racers and we are expected to conduct ourselves as such. Next we as many do bring our dogs with us, we walk them and clean up after them, we prefer to have them with us versus boarding them. I have never had anyone ask me to please not bring my dog to their pit area. I believe that the number of sportsman racers affected by this is going to be minimal, not saying I think it's fair or right mainly because I've NEVER heard of a local track fining their racers for oiling the track. Cleaning the track of debris is part of conducting business, I'm sure the track owner would rather not have to do it, however to conduct his business he has to eat the expense. Everyone on here complaining of this does have a choice..... they don't have to race these events. Lack of participation will certainly get their attention. Joe
Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #30
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith ohanesian View Post
Then Rich you should know why.. If it wasn't for class racering you and your box racering would never be there..

Next year is gonna be great! Anybody that knows me knows that it is very possible that I could leave a National having to pay over 2 grand in fines and have to break a friends golf cart out of jail.

And ha I heard that spectators are gonna have right of way over ALL sportman cars also... I'll be like Dale Sr. driving thru those crowds..

Wait till these dumb f's start charging for your dogs that everyone has to bring to the track.. Why are there so many freaking dogs? and poo poo everywhere!

Bryan the last time Tueton got involved in something with NHRA these under rated DP ( DOUBLE PENATRATION) cars were built.
You are a jerk if you think for one moment Jeff's participation in the Sportsman Commitee has had anything but the overall racers best interest at heart.
Maybe be you need some "double penetration". Of some smarts