HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #21
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

Isn't it funny how some racers will bash NHRA about oil down $$$, increased entry, purse being lower etc etc, but then get mad when something like this article comes out.

Herb Jr

herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:01 AM   #22
Bill Howell
Sponsor

Liked 217 Times in 63 Posts

Was the article on the IHRA website signed by the writer? I'm wondering if the management at IHRA would condone this kind of journalism? It just doesn't sound like something the folks I know at IHRA would approve of.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the article, but in the region where I live (SC), it's just not acceptable for a professional or company to publicly bash a competitor. One lets the customer make his own decisions based on fair competition.

I know where IHRA began and I hope the ethics have not changed.

Bill Howell

Bill Howell 2059 STK
Bill Howell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 434 Times in 145 Posts

Thanks for the link to the article. It is really hard to understand why the IHRA would allow such a childish attack on NHRA to be published. In my opinion it only serves to diminsh the professionali image that they are striving to maintain. I work for NAPA and I would never consider publically bashing my competitor (Carquest ) in such a public manner.I chuckle at certain things they do but I want my customers to view my store as a progressive business... Grow up ! to whoever is responsible for that article.

Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #24
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Isn't it funny how some racers will bash NHRA about oil down $$$, increased entry, purse being lower etc etc, but then get mad when something like this article comes out.
Herb Jr
Is it NOT STRANGE that people at the Houston race don't know about this BUT a hack in IHRA does ????

John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #25
herbjr
VIP Member

Why quote my post. Please be more specific. I'm not bashing anyone, I was at Mooresville and it was a good call given the forcast. Same call Piedmont Dragway made last year. Give more insight.

Herb Jr

Old 04-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #26
herbjr
VIP Member

That couldnt have been the trailer I was hanging out at because we didnt go to bed until 4am. But it was 145 before we got back to the trailer after having Jamie's decals checked. I was parked next to the return road just up from ET shack, where were you parked.

Herb Jr

Old 04-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #27
stk1695ihra

Quote:
as far as the hitters going to an IHRA race its because they usually dont have but about 12 cars at an event. BUSH league yep.
Yeah thats why there was a record number of sportsman racers at Norwalk last year!!!

Jeremy Erny
Professional Touch Lawn and Landscape

Old 04-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #28
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The main reason I run NHRA is because their schedule is convienient for us living here in north central Florida. 4 of the 6 division 2 LODRS races are within a 3 hour drive for us. Other than that, I would not have any problem running the IHRA Pro-Am series. My wife and I own a small business and have 5 kids between us. We don't take any real vacation time to speak of, so the 6 trips a year we make to the LODRS races are really our vacation. If we lived a little farther north and IHRA would go away from the double up races, I would gladly run those.

As far as IHRA being a bush league series, I would fit right in. We tow the car on a open trailer that is probably 25 years old. It is towed by an old "cousin eddie" looking motor home that we paid $3500 for a few years ago. It isn't much, but we have not been sitting on the side of the road broke down with it so far, and it gives us a place to sleep at the track, and to be out of the weather. I have no spare engine or transmission for the car, but with 5 kids.....1 in college and 4 still at home, I feel fortunate to have what I do have. I sure don't do this for the money, thats why I have a day job. So I'm not worried about who pays better, all I want is to be treated half way decent and be able to have a good time with my friends, and if I never win a dime I've still had a great time.

Joe Pinkston
2155 S/ST

Old 04-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
jims86tbird

the fine at huston was to keep mud down on return roads so pro's wouldn't get there tires dirty.
i run (crew now) at both and had much more late night noise at nhra than ihra

wonder why Mr. North is so hostle at ihra racer (get drilled first round a lot ? )

drop the personal bashing and keep it to the scantion bodys
both have +'s and -'s all the racers have class well most do

jim

Old 04-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #30
Gary Slaton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They were trying to keep from making a bad situation even worse. I got there (HRP) at 9:30 this morning and they had the tractor out trying to get everyone out of the mud. Thave had an additional 4-5 inches of rain on Tues-Wed. About 10:30 they passed out a sheet that said the race would be completed on Thur. before the Dallas points meet next week. 1 time run at 4:00PM and run eliminations until complete. There is an 80% chance of more rain tomorrow with temps in high 40s. They still had a lot of motorhomes and trailers to get out of the mud when I left at noon.

Gary
Gary Slaton is offline   Reply With Quote