HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #21
Ryan Horensky

Liked 110 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: What is your worst reaction time

In 1997,when I was 16, I was racing in the high school class at Numidia Dragway. I was racing an 1989 5.0L Mustang at the time that went 14.90's.The track had one high school race a season to decide who went to bracket finals. During second round the sun got so bright that it didn't even look like the tree was coming down and it was. I didn't pick up on the 3rd yellow until it was almost turning green. I don't remember how bad the light was, but it was def a 4 digit one. The funny part was when we got to the 1/8th mile the scoreboards started flickering and we only had numbers to the 1/8th mile when we got our time slips. The guy I raced was .050 on the tree and I had a 4 digit light. They brought us bad to the lanes for a re-run and I won. I still feel bad for that guy almost 13 years later!
Ryan Horensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #22
khelms

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink Re: What is your worst reaction time

Floyd, I would be happy to give you a shot at me. I probably have the car fixed by now....
khelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #23
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My worst reaction time was at Gate Way International in the final round when my partner/crew chief came up to me, opened the door and said..."Whatever you do, don't red light" then slammed the door shut. Need I say more? lol I would have rather taken runner up with a red than runner up watching the grass grow "green".
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #24
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by khelms View Post
Floyd, I would be happy to give you a shot at me. I probably have the car fixed by now....
Hopefully soon. I am still scared of that Simoneaux kid though.
Floyd Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #25
Ron Ortiz

Liked 260 Times in 88 Posts

Floyd, it only matters what kind of light you cut, and how close you can run on your dial. It does'nt matter who is in the other lane, if you can do the above, things will turn out OK, and if you get beat, then your opponent did a better job.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Cool is good
Old 08-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #26
daninline

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was racing a faster car one time and on the hit of the gas the car backfired out of the carb and took about 1.5 sec to break the beams, the other driver drove out the back door and broke out boy were they pissed.

my great driving skills won that won lol
daninline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #27
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

This year at Norwalk I was hot on the tree during qualifying. First round had a.023 light not to bad. second round a .032 decent enough. Third round a Brain fart .289. Yes I wrote it correctly.
I Picked a bad time to glance at the oil pressure. Ahhhh Duuuhhhh. And to make things worse I ran 9 thou over my Dial, and a light somewhere in the .060-.070 range would have won me the race. Bahhh oh well we all have our moments.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #28
gmonde

Liked 166 Times in 59 Posts

this is funny,,,,i was trying a blinder ,,(kept going red) ,,works great if you are the first car leaving ,but if you are chasing ,different story had a .250 light wasnt even in the same zip code,,couldnt get with in 2 car lenghts ,,,didnt even look at the time slip when i took it from the shack,,,looked at the numbers back at the pits and was real upset ,,,double breakout ,,,if i tossed i the towel before the run i would have got the round ,,,,,gmonde
gmonde is offline   Reply With Quote