HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #21
nhra6017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Chasing Sportsmen from National Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
I asked Reinhart about this when we talked. He said NHRA specifically decided to put S/G and S/C together because there are a number of people who run both (same for Stock and SStock). Their attempt was to make it so that the guys who run both could come in late or go home early. I see the logic, but sure am glad we didn't run both -- we know someone who was and they were really humpin'...

I dunno, I guess I understand what NHRA was trying to do. I just wish they communicated it better. As I said to Alan, they know the Sonoma run order today -- so post it on the internet.

The schedule was a good idea on paper but it took longer to run. They were taking more brakes waiting for racers then they should have. All they needed to do with the evening is go s/st s/g s/c the one extra class would allow for the program to go smoother and stll be fast paced. It would acomplish the same goal because s/st drivers aren't allowed to race 2 classes.

The The Stock and Super Stock guys could have had their three rounds with comp in between the pro sessions. That would allow for those cars to cool off. We run a dragster and our car was warm enough I felt bad for any of the guys that had to race heads up!

Hey at leaset it sounded as if it was an attempt to be better to the racers but just needs tweaked.

Brian Phillips JR
nhra6017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #22
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra6017 View Post
The schedule was a good idea on paper but it took longer to run. They were taking more brakes waiting for racers then they should have. All they needed to do with the evening is go s/st s/g s/c the one extra class would allow for the program to go smoother and stll be fast paced. It would acomplish the same goal because s/st drivers aren't allowed to race 2 classes.

The The Stock and Super Stock guys could have had their three rounds with comp in between the pro sessions. That would allow for those cars to cool off. We run a dragster and our car was warm enough I felt bad for any of the guys that had to race heads up!

Hey at leaset it sounded as if it was an attempt to be better to the racers but just needs tweaked.

Brian Phillips JR
That's funny, that's almost exactly what I suggested to Alan: make it at least three classes, so you have one running, one getting up there ready to go, and one in the pits recovering. Maybe they'll listen.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #23
ChevyII

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Chris Williams said;

"That's funny, that's almost exactly what I suggested to Alan: make it at least three classes, so you have one running, one getting up there ready to go, and one in the pits recovering. Maybe they'll listen."

Now there is a great idea!

Mike Ferstl
SG SR 6091
ChevyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:46 AM   #24
Barney B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: NHRA Chasing Sportsmen from National Events?

I am just happy to wake up in the mornings and still know I can go drag racing

BB just happy to be alive.
Barney B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:11 AM   #25
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Amen
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #26
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyII View Post
Chris Williams said;

"That's funny, that's almost exactly what I suggested to Alan: make it at least three classes, so you have one running, one getting up there ready to go, and one in the pits recovering. Maybe they'll listen."

Now there is a great idea!

Mike Ferstl
SG SR 6091
Agree!

For anyone who hasn't run at Pacific, it really is bad for getting from the return road, through the pits, back to the staging lanes.

Not sure if they still do it this way at Sonoma, but it used to be a long trip along the road course to get back too. The first few years of that race they had Sportsman classes take a left turn return road which puts you on the road course (which they had us pitted on). The saving grace was that there were no spectators to contend with to get back to your pits. I remember running divisional races there when they had us take the right side return road, it was a much shorter trip. I think I remember one national there when they made us take the right side in one of the later rounds so we could pass the scales, that confused me since I had no clue how to get back to my pit from there!

Regards,
Old 07-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #27
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pliska View Post
Agree!

For anyone who hasn't run at Pacific, it really is bad for getting from the return road, through the pits, back to the staging lanes.

Not sure if they still do it this way at Sonoma, but it used to be a long trip along the road course to get back too. The first few years of that race they had Sportsman classes take a left turn return road which puts you on the road course (which they had us pitted on). The saving grace was that there were no spectators to contend with to get back to your pits. I remember running divisional races there when they had us take the right side return road, it was a much shorter trip. I think I remember one national there when they made us take the right side in one of the later rounds so we could pass the scales, that confused me since I had no clue how to get back to my pit from there!

Regards,
And in a dragster the left-hander from the road course into the staging lanes is quite a PITA.

We've been to Pacific a number of times, and with a smaller event, everyone is pitted up above, where it's now almost all paved, and getting to/from the staging lanes is little more than a big sweeper on the road course. Very nice.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #28
savoyracer

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra6017 View Post

Brian Phillips JR
..................Why aren't super street racers allowed to race in two different classes??
savoyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #29
nhra6017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoyracer View Post
..................Why aren't super street racers allowed to race in two different classes??

I have been told it is because s/st is entry level.
nhra6017 is offline   Reply With Quote