Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #21
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: A/FX or what for 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Cunningham View Post
Wouldn't the F/X class designation be Super Stock only and not Stock?????????
You're playing with words.NHRA can use the designation for any class they want.All they need to do is WANT to do it.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #22
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 53 Times in 17 Posts

OK Ed, not sure what ya mean there, but, the CJ's need more tire width for when they're finally able/allowed to 'turn the wick up' cause right now they can smoke 'em to the 1000'. Wouldn't that be considered or do ya reckon the F/X class would allow this if it is a stock class, I hope NOT !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #23
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

I see what you were driving at Bernie.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #24
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

I think the point should be - the Drag Paks are "normally" aspirated - the CJs are blown - big difference

Some sort of SS blown class would be good for the CJs but the Drag Paks deserve better fate

55 HP in 9 weeks on the one of the Drag Pak motors - using the "terrible" AHFS

Maybe they will correct themselves soon enough

In the meantime we play the game we always have - avoid heads up - or go into debt and buy one
Old 10-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
Emmett Mikolajczyk

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Well put-Greg-Jeff-X Techman--it alway seems that someone who does not understand what stock/super stock racers are about ,try to define who we are and put us in there world, instead of them learning how to fit into ours--How loud would the new car guys scream if I put a tunnel ram,fuel injection,computer,hood scoop on one of my L88s--it would not supprise me that I might be the # 1 qualifer at the next race and you can bet they would be yelling louder than we are right now.--I heard that the new Hemi motor looks like a comp elemantor motor on the inside--and for old cars that are for sale I have 9 of them--and I could rattel off 10 more of my buddies cars right now--but we would have to take pennies on the dollar if we could even sell them ,until we get this late model issue resolved--there is more at stake here than going down the track--who is going to buy/race a 1969 Camero,Corvette,Mustang,Challenger,that is 4 tents slow and no chance of ever getting any better and the late models keep on getting faster???How is this going to affect the engine builders,piston mfg,trans builders,header builders,Jegs,Summit and the list goes on and on , and there is a lot of 60+ year old racers that cant believe that this is going on after they have spent 30+ years honeing and polising there skills so our cars perform the way they do and have to compete against FACTORY built race cars-- Stock/super stock is what it is today because of the RACERS and the people above, not the New car mfgs or the race sanctioning bodies--I believe that every one that currently races stock and super stock needs to speak up and it does not need to be a bash the new cars--I dont think that we need to kill the goose that laid the golden egg just to let the new cars race--thats my 2 cents worth --Emmett

Last edited by Emmett Mikolajczyk; 10-18-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Emmett Mikolajczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
John Quinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys dad View Post
I think the point should be - the Drag Paks are "normally" aspirated - the CJs are blown - big difference
Not always true, some of the CJs are natrually aspirated pushrod engines.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #27
Dgal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Mikolajczyk View Post
Well put-Greg-Jeff-X Techman--it alway seems that someone who does not understand what stock/super stock racers are about ,try to define who we are and put us in there world, instead of them learning how to fit into ours--How loud would the new car guys scream if I put a tunnel ram,fuel injection,computer,hood scoop on one of my L88s--it would not supprise me that I might be the # 1 qualifer at the next race and you can bet they would be yelling louder than we are right now.--I heard that the new Hemi motor looks like a comp elemantor motor on the inside--and for old cars that are for sale I have 9 of them--and I could rattel off 10 more of my buddies cars right now--but we would have to take pennies on the dollar if we could even sell them ,until we get this late model issue resolved--there is more at stake here than going down the track--who is going to buy/race a 1969 Camero,Corvette,Mustang,Challenger,that is 4 tents slow and no chance of ever getting any better and the late models keep on getting faster???How is this going to affect the engine builders,piston mfg,trans builders,header builders,Jegs,Summit and the list goes on and on , and there is a lot of 60+ year old racers that cant believe that this is going on after they have spent 30+ years honeing and polising there skills so our cars perform the way they do and have to compete against FACTORY built race cars-- Stock/super stock is what it is today because of the RACERS and the people above, not the New car mfgs or the race sanctioning bodies--I believe that every one that currently races stock and super stock needs to speak up and it does not need to be a bash the new cars--I dont think that we need to kill the goose that laid the golden egg just to let the new cars race--thats my 2 cents worth --Emmett
Very well said Mr. M. It is not the current DP & CJ cars that are the only issue. They are the tip of the iceberg. The problem is the way the manufacturers are piecing together these combos from their racing shelves trying to represent a car that doesn't exist under the current stock eliminator rulebooks (or it is an interpretation that was loosened by some big factory dollars).

These combos are perpetual and will quickly make the previous combos ineffective. The real screaming will come from the current Drag Pak & Cobra Jet owners when they put them in their own class to pound away at each other. They have no clue as to how much money it will take to be competitive against each other. They have a free ride (nearly) in competing with the existing cars. That will all change when they have to go against the other deep pockets that own those cars.

I kind of have pity for them.

Don
Dgal is offline   Reply With Quote