HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
danspony

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The riddler ss/IA recently found

Paul, There's always a possibity of a sale ( I always say everything has a price, it makes my wife nervious) I would be very interested in the snubber if it's for sale. Thanks
danspony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Dan,,,
Do you know of any other kind of wife..I have been told NO, I cannot ask you if you want to sell the Duster.. My wife said 'that I'm not allowed to have any fun anymore'..That ended in 1983..The 'Coletti Pinion Snubber' can be located on this site..go to the 'original hemi dart thread',,,,,,,, page 10,,,post #94..Thats my car 69' M-Code 440 Cuda,,after I sold it,,then my father found it and raced it again..I can un-bolt the snubber with (3) easy bolt removals..If I get it,, its yours for Free...Just keep the Duster.....
Paul,,,I can still dream though!!!..

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 03-12-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #23
danspony

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HI PAUL sounds like you need a new wife or more training, I have been ttraining my wife for 36 years , she will tell you she is training me , any way I would love to have the snuber and will gladly pay for it THANKS DAN
Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #24
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 951 Times in 262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nottingham View Post
This my be the car at Seattle in 1971. Final round against my chev. Bob
I don`t know if the Colletis had more than 1 Duster, or if it was repainted later on, but the "Riddler" Duster that I remember seeing in the 1972-74 period was much more colorful. It had a very elaborate pinstripe "maze" on the hood, with some very bright green accents. It certainly stood out, and considering some of the wild physcidylic(sp) paint schemes of the day, thats saying something!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #25
danspony

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HI BOB, the colettis ran sevral dusters in the early 70s how many im not sure I have pics of 4 differant dusters there might be more ???????
Old 03-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #26
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Back in the very early '70s I had a friend named Charlie Malyuke, who worked in the machine shop at Gary Ostrich's engine building faciliy in Nevada, IOWA. They did contract work for the Chrysler Corporation back when it apparently had plenty of money to do things "right."

I needed a cam for my 340 street racer (did I say THAT???), and told Charlie. He walked over to a shelf and pulled off a used 340 cam and said; "This one will pick your car up a bunch.

It did... about 3 car-lengths over the stock 340 cam.

It turned out to be the cam that was in the Winternationals-winning Coletti "Riddler."
Coletti had sent that Stocker engine to Gary Ostrich to have it converted to a Super Stocker, and now, it was the cam without a home... until Gary sold it to me. Sixty dollars with the original lifters, identified as to which lobes they were "married" to.. and a new set of 340 valve springs... such a deal!!! Three car lengths for sixty bucks!!!

My '64 Valiant 340 2-door, that was the recipient of that cam was the only car I ever owned that never lost a race (probably ran a scorching 12.80...), but you have to love a car that never lets you down... LOL! That was a Lunati grind called "The Riddler," I later found out.

Sold the whole car for $350.00 in 1980, when I moved to California. Yeah; I'm a genius, for sure...

Last edited by bill dedman; 03-14-2010 at 03:21 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #27
danspony

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BILL,those realy wher the good old days, I Can remember geting a tickit for drag racing in 1972 I lost my licencs and payed a small fine { my girll frind payed it now my wife and wont let me forget it ,i was broke } today you would be hung!! I later sold that car { 1968 gtx - engine } for 300.00 bucks, if you would have had a cristell ball . sorry about the typing i am not good at this but i am forced to move into the 80 s , DAN
Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 135 Times in 49 Posts
Question Re: The riddler ss/IA recently found

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
Back in the very early '70s I had a friend named Charlie Malyuke, who worked in the machine shop at Gary Ostrich's engine building faciliy in Nevada, IOWA. They did contract work for the Chrysler Corporation back when it apparently had plenty of money to do things "right."...
Bill,
Charlie Malyuke did a lot of work on the low deck Pro Stock Hemi's, didn't he? John Hagen perhaps? I seem to remember an article about 383 and/or 400 blocks being welded up for Hemi heads.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #29
Chris DeGidio

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

There was a D/MP Duster that had the "Riddler" name in the same font as what has been posted.The driver was Jess Heitman.I think he's from Oregon.Saw a picture in the Hot Rod magazine Mopar special edition from a few years ago.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #30
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

340 Info.
The Riddler III, is obviously the 340 Duster G/SA from 70'. There were
(3) paint schemes..Also, several wheel/mag changes on the car, and grille and tail-light changes to go from 70'-to-71', to utilize the Thermo-Quad carb, when deemed neccesary. I think the SS/IA car came into play in 72'. I'm not sure if the paint scheme had it Riddler IV, or it was just
lettered Riddler. More 70's magazine reading.
Danspony,,I'm not kidding, if I get the 'snubber', its yours..What am I
going to do with it.. as I said earlier,,my wife said 'no more fun',,I'm still in training!!!
Paul
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote