HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #21
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: Hosepower on monday?

This is no different than letting the GM fast burn motor run in the new Camaro's at 275 hp. Oh by the way it's rated at 385hp for crate motor purposes in IHRA. Whats being done to stock will eventually kill the class. If you remember the reason for the creation of the fuel injected classes was the failure of NHRA to properly factor the fuel injected motors. I can remember having to run the LS1's in F/SA when they were rated at 305 hp. and my old motor was 315. They are now 369 unless you have a Corvette or GTO in which case they are 340.

For all of us who have spent years and years and thousands of dollars working on their combinations it's a slap in the face. If NHRA really cared about it's members they would handle these new cars in a fair and equitable manner. Oh I forgot, they don't have members just sheep who blindly follow along because we are addicted to what we do. I have just finished a new car for my son Andrew and spent north of $35,000 rolling on it. It is a D/SA 70 Z28 Camaro and he is very proud of it. This is probably a 9 tenths under car [ new indexes ]. He would get out run by one of the new 5.7 hemi's by at least a half a second.

Jeff Teuton is a good friend of mine and he has a great looking car, but it should not be in stock eliminator, they only made 3 with that motor. If NHRA is going to allow these cars like the Challenger and new Mustang to race in Stock they should be in their own classes For those of you who think the horse power factoring will take care of these cars, yeah right, in about 15 years. This is discouraging to say the least.

Last edited by Greg Hill; 03-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Greg Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #22
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Jared, in all fairness to Martha, she had an LT1 not LS1!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #23
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 67 Times in 19 Posts

Tom, i looked at all the runs made only 9 in Stock was faster then their qualifying and i have not done the eliminations yet.

Reason i thought i would count them was i was told by my buddy down there he was weighing them.

Remember since I don't have nothing to do with the NHRA HP anymore I felt what runs i count is my call and i thought about it this way, if this would of been a regular divisional event it would of counted on the Q sheet.

I've always thought i should cover runs made at a NHRA/IHRA race that has scales and gas check. In the past i have counted the time trail run that was made before Rd 1 at the Dutch Classic, maybe I'm wrong, i don't know, i guess I cant please everyone.

I was just thinking and i edit this to say this, the weighing deal is no different then them waving you by after a Q run I've seen at times done. I don't know, nice thing about it i guess it's my choice on what i want to do i guess, hope it's ok.

Last edited by Nitro Joe Jackson; 03-22-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Nitro Joe Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #24
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Joe, you da' man, we appreciate what you do for us!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #25
Jared Jordan

Liked 293 Times in 80 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jared Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodro Josey View Post
Jared, in all fairness to Martha, she had an LT1 not LS1!
Whoops! Shows what I know about GM stuff! LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
Sam Hamod

Liked 41 Times in 8 Posts

Greg,
You are absolutely correct!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #27
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

You Know, it is a shame that NHRA would not work with us like the original plan was, as Greg and My self and a few others worked very Hard for the Stock/Superstock guys only to be slapped in the face and just plain ignore us, talking about the SRAC

Last edited by Woodro Josey; 03-22-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Woodro Josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #28
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Joe Jackson View Post
Tom, i looked at all the runs made only 9 in Stock was faster then their qualifying and i have not done the eliminations yet.

Reason i thought i would count them was i was told by my buddy down there he was weighing them.

Remember since I don't have nothing to do with the NHRA HP anymore I felt what runs i count is my call and i thought about it this way, if this would of been a regular divisional event it would of counted on the Q sheet.

I've always thought i should cover runs made at a NHRA/IHRA race that has scales and gas check. In the past i have counted the time trail run that was made before Rd 1 at the Dutch Classic, maybe I'm wrong, i don't know, i guess I cant please everyone.

I was just thinking and i edit this to say this, the weighing deal is no different then them waving you by after a Q run I've seen at times done. I don't know, nice thing about it i guess it's my choice on what i want to do i guess, hope it's ok.

Joe, In all fairness would you count TestNTune runs in your stats?
If these runs did not count torwards AHFS or a Q run then scales and fuel check should
have been closed or scale for your own info...my2cents
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #29
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Jared forgot to mention the 300 cfm intake ports, as told to me by sharp MOPAR racer considering building one for Super Stock. Makes me wonder what the powers-that-be are thinking?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #30
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 67 Times in 19 Posts

True Bob, I'm going to have to sit and think this one out, I'm going to wait and finish up the Belle Rose SS/Stock stats and see how much it really weighed into the deal after the very fast rounds on Sunday. I'll let everyone know on this , but Bob does bring up something about it, I do not count test and tune runs. Here is a question i might ask today to D4 official, If, a run on Saturday mornings TT would of been -1.25 would of it counted for AHFS, that might be the decider.

Guys, i just try to do the best job to get everybody a idea who has the best car, where the best runs where made and I do my best and I know i have flaws at times, but I'm trying.