Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #21
Wade_Owens

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Rules for Class Championship on NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotakid View Post
IF you are going to combine classes (Auto and Stick) it should be a dial in race to make it fair for everyone ...
No thanks, I'll put a wiring harness in mine and drive it.....

Wade O
Wade_Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Owens View Post

Wade O
I'm with you
Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
Paul Wong

Liked 379 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Owens View Post

Wade O
Good thing I kept all of those original parts for most of my cars. Might be at be at the cruise night. This is coming from someone who just one of the last heads up races of the year. Races like this keep my interest in this sport win or lose. This is what stock and super stock was and should be about. It is a performance based bracket race.
Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
6300 Glenn Person 7784 Paul Wong
E2 ****WINNER**** 0.009 10.689 121.33 0.030 10.689 122.91
E/SA Dial: 11.70 (+/-): -1.011 E/SA Dial: 11.70 (+/-): -1.011
Prior rounds:
E1 (G Stein ) 0.015 11.032 0.042 (D Belli ) 0.063 11.069 0.139
Qualified: #12 10.764 -0.936 #27 10.870 -0.830
Paul Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
By definition it is not a class win when they combine classes and run them based off a class index?!? Some classes have been beaten up, some have not so it is total crap. IF you are going to combine classes (Auto and Stick) it should be a dial in race to make it fair for everyone ...
That would be all we need. Shoe polish in class. Don't you think shoe polish has diluted class racing enough? Leave some thing for performance based racers.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
By definition it is not a class win when they combine classes and run them based off a class index?!? Some classes have been beaten up, some have not so it is total crap. IF you are going to combine classes (Auto and Stick) it should be a dial in race to make it fair for everyone ...
I will have to assume that you are thinking of eliminations. Because having a dial in race for class is the stuppidest thing I have ever heard. If that is what you are actually suggesting you really need to find a different class to race. Stock and Superstock are supposed to be a performance based class lets try and leave a little bit of that. There are bracket races all over the world where you can go and dial in all you want.

Last edited by novassdude; 01-31-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: cant type
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #26
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
I will have to assume that you are thinking of eliminations. Because having a dial in race for class is the stuppidest thing I have ever heard. If that is what you are actually suggesting you really need to find a different class to race. Stock and Superstock are supposed to be a performance based class lets try and leave a little bit of that. There are bracket races all over the world where you can go and dial in all you want.
There ya go!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #27
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Shoe polish has no buisness being mentioned with Class Eliminations.

But, I do understand Scott's point. A few classes (SS/AH 9.30 and SS/AM 9.00 come to mind) have pretty stiff Indexes. Making it pretty dificult for cars in those cars to have much of a chance in a Class Combo.

My suggestion would be to bring the tough indexes in-line with the others. Maybe, say, 9.50 for SS/AH and 9.25 for SS/AM.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #28
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,192 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post

But, I do understand Scott's point. A few classes (SS/AH 9.30 and SS/AM 9.00 come to mind) have pretty stiff Indexes. Making it pretty dificult for cars in those cars to have much of a chance in a Class Combo.

My suggestion would be to bring the tough indexes in-line with the others. Maybe, say, 9.50 for SS/AH and 9.25 for SS/AM.

On the contrary. The correct way to do that is to bring all the soft indexes and soft combinations in line with those that have been properly factored and indexed.

We don't need to make it possible for everyone to run 1.5 or more under the index. Instead, we need to make it difficult for anyone to run 1.2 under their index.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #29
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post

Hemi cars have been 8 teens, which would be 1.30+ under that index, and there are a lot of A/SM(A) cars that are legal for SS/AM that have run well into the 7's. I know of one A/SM that has run 7.60s. The indexes that need changing are some of the modified classes, more specifically some of the non V8 ones, that are really soft.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Alan/Andrew, I'd think most of the Indexes currently are pretty fair. SS/Mod classes lose Index when the AHFS is flagged. SS/BM went from 9.65 to 9.50 from a hit at Indy a few years back (James Caro), then took the three tenths (that everybody received) hit, down to the current 9.20. Same with SS/AM. Scott Gove ran 7.99 at the Dutch in great air a few years ago, lowering the Index, via AHFS, from 9.45 to 9.30, then the .3 reduction down to 9.00. Same with SS/AH, a .15 hit via AHFS, then .3 down to the current 9.30. The quickest SS/AH at Indy last year was 8.42 by CW Jr, only -.87 and change. I think SS/AM was empty the last two years at Indy (except maybe John Clegg), for fear a racer in that class wouldn't qualify against a stiff Index.

Point being, Unless you get killer, mineshaft air, a current SS/AM, SS/BM, SS/AH, etc aren't going to run 1 second under, while many other combinations.classes can with ease. If only, say, 5-10 classes out of the near 140 within Stock and S/S are tough Indexes, it would reason to bring those 10 classes up, not bring the other 130 down.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote