Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #211
Byron Worner

Liked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Live from Maple Grove Raceway - NHRA Auto Plus Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Why don't you take the $85 credit and pay $10 at the gate next week........that's what they are going to charge .BTW , the ten bucks is per day / per person -- still a bunch cheaper .And you don't have to go in your hat ! !
I will. Its the simple fact that I was getting form letter answers from Josh. Unless that's his personality, maybe taught by NHRA, there was no personal response or no compassion to the situation. Like it or leave it!
I hope Maple Grove pockets the $10 per spectator and tells NHRA nobody came to watch.
Byron Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #212
SuperStock fan

Liked 182 Times in 24 Posts

I don't like to ask dumb questions. Why hold off running all the sportsman classes? Are the pits that muddy?
SuperStock fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #213
keith ohanesian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStock fan View Post
I don't like to ask dumb questions. Why hold off running all the sportsman classes? Are the pits that muddy?
Please refer back to the 22 pages of uproar.

Last edited by keith ohanesian; 10-01-2011 at 04:33 PM.
keith ohanesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #214
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After all he did come from Goverment Motors where he was trained!

QUOTE=Byron Worner;285606]I will. Its the simple fact that I was getting form letter answers from Josh. Unless that's his personality, maybe taught by NHRA, there was no personal response or no compassion to the situation. Like it or leave it!
I hope Maple Grove pockets the $10 per spectator and tells NHRA nobody came to watch.[/QUOTE]
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #215
Richard Epp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I spent the day at Maple Grove. The field where the sportsmen parking has to be is still soaked beyond even driving a golf cart over more then half of it! I didnt just look at it I walked right thru the middle of. If we had parked our motorhomes and trailers there, the new string on class racer would have been "Stuck at Maple Grove". Management made the right call and saved us a lot of grief.
After 30 inches of rain in September the track stayed dry and very fast all
day! As a regular at MG, I can honestly say the track water problem is fixed!!
Richard Epp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #216
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

This is what Maple Grove need to invest in to stop water saturation in the sportsman pits area, it's call a tile drainage system, a sort of "plumbing" is installed below the surface of agricultural fields, effectively consisting of a network of below-ground pipes that allow subsurface water to move out from between soil particles and into the tile line. Water flowing through tile lines is often ultimately deposited into surface water points—lakes, streams, and rivers—located at a lower elevation than the source. Water enters the tile line either via the gaps between tile sections, in the case of older tile designs, or through small perforations in modern plastic tile.

Soil type greatly affects the efficacy of tile systems, and dictates the extent to which the area must be tiled to ensure sufficient drainage. Sandier soils will need little, if any, additional drainage, whereas soils with high clay contents will hold their water tighter, requiring tile lines to be placed closer together. This problem has happened in the past and will happen in again, why not invest a small amoun of money now to stop having this problem every couple of years. Or change the race to a week after the U.S. National. In a business the size of NHRA, you would think that someone would have the brain or at least heard the old saying " to make money you have to spend money"!!! Just my two cents. Claude

Last edited by cicero819; 10-01-2011 at 08:08 PM.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #217

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Epp View Post
I spent the day at Maple Grove. The field where the sportsmen parking has to be is still soaked beyond even driving a golf cart over more then half of it! I didnt just look at it I walked right thru the middle of. If we had parked our motorhomes and trailers there, the new string on class racer would have been "Stuck at Maple Grove". Management made the right call and saved us a lot of grief.
After 30 inches of rain in September the track stayed dry and very fast all
day! As a regular at MG, I can honestly say the track water problem is fixed!!
No Sun to draw the water out of the track
1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #218
dean ribeiro

Liked 216 Times in 68 Posts

The right call would have been to: watch the weather forecast and realize that with the past month's rain, predicted weather forecast and the past issues with the sportsman fields, postpone the sportsman portion of the race on Monday(Tues. am at the latest).

To do so would have been financially considerate of the Sportsman racers. All of you that are praising NHRA and the local track management may not be such suck a$$es if you had just towed 8 PLUS hours (one -way) and then got stuck with your hotel rooms for the week.
I am guessing that the field conditions could not be accurately a$$essed until Wed. Late afternoon (after the majority of Sportsman racers have already made the tow)?

I wonder what "enhancement" this latest abortion will now lead to?
dean ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #219
hookdaddy

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
This is what Maple Grove need to invest in to stop water saturation in the sportsman pits area, it's call a tile drainage system, a sort of "plumbing" is installed below the surface of agricultural fields, effectively consisting of a network of below-ground pipes that allow subsurface water to move out from between soil particles and into the tile line. Just my two cents. Claude
So you want the track to invest major $$$ in a field they use a couple of times a year on a field they don't even own? Say what you want about MG's management but they're not stupid.
hookdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #220
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookdaddy View Post
So you want the track to invest major $$$ in a field they use a couple of times a year on a field they don't even own? Say what you want about MG's management but they're not stupid.
You're right MG management aren't stupid, we are. 10 acres for $22.000 isn't much for the satisfaction of knowing that if it rains the racers won't be bogged down. Look I enjoy MapleGrove, one of my favorite dragstrip but for me to drive 18hrs both ways, is not my cup of tea, to watch the John Force Traveling show. Once other people start feeling the same way and figure they can do something better with their time, than the damage will done forever. CR
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote