HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #11
Keith Anderson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Re: NHRA changes needed for next year-add on

I agree, changes are needed...a National event w/SS having 59 entries & having class with only 13 classes with more than 1 car.

One change....NO class when only one car, hey, I know, you should not be faulted for building a odd combo, but get real, you run a single for class, while a guy has to win at least one or more rounds to win his class, is that fair......doing it this way will maybe promote more cars in those single classes.....may also keep NHRA from doing away with class...
Keith Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #12
Just Observing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHRA changes needed for next year-add on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
1) Stock needs to have A lighter by 1 lb/
2) Stock needs serious re consolidation of classes to decrease bye runs due to too few cars per class.
3) SS needs a lighter GT class . Start at 6 like SS .OR
4) Consolidate SS and GT classes to reduce classes( pre 80s cars run 50 lb lighter in classes)
5) Trucks and FWD in with regular classes.
6) consider Mod classes to Comp. They are not lb per HP.no tear down. Open rules fit Comp better.
7)..................................
Point #1 Totally agree with

Point #2 Agree with. But only with FI being put back in with the carb cars.

Point#3 Disagree with. This would be a low car count class that is not needed. Just more class singles and another place for people to hide.

Point#4 TOTALLY DISAGREE. There is more than 50 lbs diffrence/disadvantage from a 66 chevy II to a Cobalt/cavalier/sunfire/G5. All this would do will make all the old muscle cars disappear( except for the beloved Hemi's). Talk about no fan appeal. 150 cavaliers and cobalts at INDY with 30 hemi cars. Plus all of the good/soft combo's are 70 and 80 smog motors. Not much appeal for the "show" their, DICK.

Point#5 agree and disagree. SS trucks and GT trucks should be mixed in with the cars with a 150 lbs weight break. Leave the FWD's alone

Point#6 Disagree. The modifeds should stay in SS but classes should be combined so their is not so much jumping around. They have enough advantages over the weight/hp cars as is.

Point#7 My suggestion if a Stock/SS class goes 5+ years without a participant in a NHRA event. It shoud be deleted. Anyone run SS/DX anymore?
Just Observing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
1) Stock needs to have A lighter by 1 lb/
2) Stock needs serious re consolidation of classes to decrease bye runs due to too few cars per class.
3) SS needs a lighter GT class . Start at 6 like SS .OR
4) Consolidate SS and GT classes to reduce classes( pre 80s cars run 50 lb lighter in classes)
5) Trucks and FWD in with regular classes.
6) consider Mod classes to Comp. They are not lb per HP.no tear down. Open rules fit Comp better.
7)..................................
1. Agree wholeheartedly, some of the A cars are too heavy as is. I think the reason its a low turnout class in IHRA is because you cannot cross over and run NHRA with it.

2. Agreed, this is still a performace based class. Lets make it count.

3. Agree 100%, and I know of one person for sure who would be the first one in.

4. Good idea, not feasable. Case in Point SS/E (8lbs) record is a 9.54, GT/A record is 9.02 and has been as fast as 8.97. 50lbs isn't going to even be a drop in the bucket toward bridging a 1/2 second gap.

5. Agreed

6. Disagree

7. Allow Race seats in stockers that have a full cage.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #14
Ray Menard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: NHRA changes needed for next year-add on

No need to reduce classes in Stock & Super Stock. A lot of people have spent a bunch on their combination. The only time it becomes a problem is during Class Eliminations. Therefore, drop Class Eliminations and award the class win to the fastest car in each class during qualifications (no class eliminations). Then, drop the "Heads-Up" rule for same classes during event eliminations.

During event eliminations, assign cars on the ladder based on their qualification ET's. The vast majority of races would look like they're heads-up. Look at any final qualification list, match the cars based on qualification ET's (regardless of class) and WOW, you have a race! Fun for the racers and a more exciting race for spectators.
Ray Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #15
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG View Post
No need to reduce classes in Stock & Super Stock. A lot of people have spent a bunch on their combination. The only time it becomes a problem is during Class Eliminations. Therefore, drop Class Eliminations and award the class win to the fastest car in each class during qualifications (no class eliminations). Then, drop the "Heads-Up" rule for same classes during event eliminations.

During event eliminations, assign cars on the ladder based on their qualification ET's. The vast majority of races would look like they're heads-up. Look at any final qualification list, match the cars based on qualification ET's (regardless of class) and WOW, you have a race! Fun for the racers and a more exciting race for spectators.
go back to bracket racing and leave Stock and SS alone.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #16
Bill Belden

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Move the FI cars back into regular stock and leave the rest alone for now.
And those who don't race the class should have nothing to say about it.
it's getting kind of old having these non racers trying to make changes

Last edited by Bill Belden; 08-10-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Bill Belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #17
Gary Smith

Liked 125 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
The first thing to do if you must reduce classes is to combine FI and Carb classes. The classes and indexes are practically mirror images of themselves anyway.

Jim

Hell, I'll go with this too. I'd prefer to return to .5 lbs change between classes, not having to find hiding places for weight. I've got 125 lbs exra just to make F weight, even with my fat *** in the car! Over 300 to make G.
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #18
johnny shot

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Anderson View Post
I agree, changes are needed...a National event w/SS having 59 entries & having class with only 13 classes with more than 1 car.

One change....NO class when only one car, hey, I know, you should not be faulted for building a odd combo, but get real, you run a single for class, while a guy has to win at least one or more rounds to win his class, is that fair......doing it this way will maybe promote more cars in those single classes.....may also keep NHRA from doing away with class...
Keith, no offense but HORRIBLE idea. One example of many is: You are the fastest guy in lets say B/SA at a class race, you can go 1.25 under. All the other guys in B/SA jump out to other classes leaving you alone entered in B/SA. Now you don't get a Class Win? Even after you leg it for the single? I don't think so. As to the other suggestions, remember this, you can't "force" competition. If a guy wants to duck the competition by either changing class or any other method, the next viable option is to just not show up at races where class is contested. The result will be even lower car counts where class is contested.
Johnny Shot
johnny shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #19
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach
Red face Re: NHRA changes needed for next year-add on

I say leave FI in their own class. This is no different than what Just Observing stated earlier about Chevy II and Cobalt/cavalier/sunfire/G5. My Cuda is totally outdated compared to the new Firebirds and Comods .. they have a lot more adjustablity when it comes to fine tuning in any kind of air compared to an old carbed car. Yea, just get the HP right and it will be fair, has anyone on this forum happy with AHFS ??
Old 08-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #20
RIBEIRO RACING

Smile Re: NHRA changes needed for next year-add on

Bill ,

I think you are right and only the racers should have a say in STOCK and S/S rules.. Why haven't you guys been racing for the last 5 years... Yet you have all the answers to the problems
and No- agenda's Right !!! Dick, stick to Top Stock and AAA/Sa or what ever, leave stock and S/S alone ....The guys who race car handle it.... Dick you have waaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands ! ! ! Why don't you help out the Super Classes, Comp and Pro Stock they might want your help.. By the way, when is your car due out ?.........We have enough people with their own agenda's who are racing....Thanks, but No-thanks... Sorry , to be so blunt but it gets Old..
Dave...1033/stock (RV-455)