HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #11
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Richmond Pro AM makeup

I've seen several people complain about the Division 9 "travel" schedule. No offense, but those people are spoiled. I live in Ohio now, and have Div. 9 races that are closer for me than some *IN*-Division races! People seem to forget that we used to have to go to 3-6 National events and traveled all over the country. We are not competing for a 'state/local championship'.

Even with the schedule changes, a racer in central NC could get all 7 points claims in around 1,700 miles. I have already traveled further than that to get TWO points claims. Appreciate what you have.

$.02,
Old 04-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #12
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 3,095 Times in 678 Posts

Michael don't get me wrong I'm not complaining I live on the coast so I'm accustomed to being close to nothing but water. But as you said you live in Ohio and have division 9 races closer than some in-division races, something doesn't seem right there. I'm never going to complain about driving distance to a race when the alternative is not being able to race. I had to decide which way to go and NHRA was the better of the two for me at this time although I hope to squeeze an IHRA race or two in later.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #13
Dave Ribeiro
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Richmond Pro AM makeup

HR1921,

Thank God we still have choice's to pick from ? I agree that you should be able pick your Races...Just think if you didn't IHRA & NHRA .
Good Luck in 2015 .....

Michael , you are dead-on about Racers being Spoiled !!!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #14
Bryan Worner

Liked 417 Times in 68 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Nitro Jam race count for Division points?
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:53 PM   #15
BEDMINSTER DODGE

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Yes the Nitro Jam does count for Division points

Barry
Old 04-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #16
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 137 Times in 51 Posts

The Nitro Jams have had Sunday as a "rain date". As it worked out, because of a variety of delays, Bradenton ran several rounds on Sunday and Palm Beach finished around 2 am Sunday. With the likely higher car counts, scheduling the Richmond make-up for Sunday would have been a risky proposition (in my opinion). Note that they have already changed the Budds Creek schedule to have 2 Sportsman qualifiers on Friday and only one on Saturday to help get the Nitro Jam sportsman finished earlier.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #17
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,705 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
The Nitro Jams have had Sunday as a "rain date". As it worked out, because of a variety of delays, Bradenton ran several rounds on Sunday and Palm Beach finished around 2 am Sunday. With the likely higher car counts, scheduling the Richmond make-up for Sunday would have been a risky proposition (in my opinion). Note that they have already changed the Budds Creek schedule to have 2 Sportsman qualifiers on Friday and only one on Saturday to help get the Nitro Jam sportsman finished earlier.
The race at Bradenton was a fiasco in my opinion. First round for Super Stock was called to the lanes at 9:30 pm. 2nd round was called at midnight. There is no way to run these nitro jam events in one day. I personally won't be attending any more of these one day nitro jam races until the schedule is changed to a more realistic time frame. It was not even safe to run at that time of night. I was physically exhausted and there was water literally dripping off of my car from the dew. The track workers and officials
Were rude and grumpy when we got to the lanes. The radio system did not work all weekend and no effort was made to correct that or come up with an alternate method to let the racers know what was happening. On Sunday morning I almost missed the round because the radio was not working again and no one Came
By to let us know our class was called. Just a poor way to treat the racers. That's why I and many others opted to not run the palm beach event.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #18
Kenny McCoy

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
The race at Bradenton was a fiasco in my opinion. First round for Super Stock was called to the lanes at 9:30 pm. 2nd round was called at midnight. There is no way to run these nitro jam events in one day. I personally won't be attending any more of these one day nitro jam races until the schedule is changed to a more realistic time frame. It was not even safe to run at that time of night. I was physically exhausted and there was water literally dripping off of my car from the dew. The track workers and officials
Were rude and grumpy when we got to the lanes. The radio system did not work all weekend and no effort was made to correct that or come up with an alternate method to let the racers know what was happening. On Sunday morning I almost missed the round because the radio was not working again and no one Came
By to let us know our class was called. Just a poor way to treat the racers. That's why I and many others opted to not run the palm beach event.
I agree it was a total joke...
Kenny McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #19
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
how many cars did palm beach have to go that late in the night? or a rain delay? That is alot of racing for 1 day.
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #20
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 137 Times in 51 Posts
Post Re: Richmond Pro AM makeup

Mickey,

Fields weren't big at Palm Beach - 15 (edited) Stockers, 5 in SS, I think Hot Rod had around 40. I don't know about the other classes but Bradenton wasn't much more. I was told that Richmond had something like 48 Stockers on Saturday! Don't know about the other classes. That concerned me if they planned a Pro Am on Sunday at Budds Creek.

At Palm Beach Jr. dragsters took a while, we had some sprinkle delays, a few breakages/oil downs and a helicopter was brought in after a Pro Stocker ended up on its roof.

As mentioned in an earlier post, they revised qualifying at Budds Creek with 2 runs on Friday and one on Saturday from the previous 1 & 2 respectively.