Default Re: Drooze

David
Where are you parked?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #12
troublemaker427

Liked 65 Times in 23 Posts

David,
I've never met you or Drooze but the article in ND surely tugged at my heart. My prayers are with you and your family.

Good luck in Indy!!
troublemaker427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #13
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That was a very good article,i was flipping through nd and saw the car and had to stop and read it!!
Good luck this week david and keith
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I haven't yet read Kevin's article, but I know the tribute he wrote about Jimmy "the Shoe" Harrington was outstanding, so I expect the one about Drooze to be great as well. And good luck to David and Keith this weekend. Scott McClay introduced me to those guys at Norwalk last year and it was an honor to meet them, even if they were hanging out with guys like Jim Marshal and Gene Monahan.
david ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: Drooze

Very, very well done article Kevin! Great tribute. Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
Joe Marcinowski

Liked 33 Times in 15 Posts

Nice article. I really miss the guy. Good luck to David and Keith at Indy.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #17
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 301 Posts

Great story, good luck to the New Hemi team at Indy!
Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #18
69camz28

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

David,

Me, my dad and my little brother helped you guys push your car onto the trailer after you guys broke on Thursday. I knew of you and Chris' story from this website but I didn't read the ND article until later that day in the stands at Indy. It was very touching...I lost a brother a few years ago at the way too young age of 30, I know how bad the loss of someone you love hurts first hand. It hurts even worse when it happens way before there time....I'm glad you can find some peace in your racing efforts, your son has to be smiling.

On a happier note, your crew guy Jerry was kind enough to use his pit pass to help me rent a golf cart on Thursday - which made getting around Indy much easier! I usually only make it to 2-3 national events a year (Indy, Chicago and now STL again), but I will stop by and say hi the next time I see you guys. From a Chevy guy to a Dodge guy - good luck in all your efforts!!
69camz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #19
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camz28 View Post
David,

Me, my dad and my little brother helped you guys push your car onto the trailer after you guys broke on Thursday. I knew of you and Chris' story from this website but I didn't read the ND article until later that day in the stands at Indy. It was very touching...I lost a brother a few years ago at the way too young age of 30, I know how bad the loss of someone you love hurts first hand. It hurts even worse when it happens way before there time....I'm glad you can find some peace in your racing efforts, your son has to be smiling.

On a happier note, your crew guy Jerry was kind enough to use his pit pass to help me rent a golf cart on Thursday - which made getting around Indy much easier! I usually only make it to 2-3 national events a year (Indy, Chicago and now STL again), but I will stop by and say hi the next time I see you guys. From a Chevy guy to a Dodge guy - good luck in all your efforts!!
Hi Jeff. Nice meeting you guy's and thanks for helping out.

After the car broke on Thursday, David, Keith and Keith's wife headed back to Ohio with hopes of getting back by Saturday. I offered to go and help out, but Keith said being since its Labor Day weeked there was a 50/50 chance the car would be ready due to getting parts and machine work done if needed. He said thanks for the offer, just stay here, enjoy the races and hope to see you Saturday.

Thursday night I recieved word that the motor spun a rod bearing and the crankshaft was toast. I can't recall who drove to Kentucky to pick up the new crank, but many thanks go out to him.

Friday was spent rebuilding the bullet and low and behold I received a phone call late Friday nite with word that the Mega Maniac and crew where on there way back. They made it back in the pits by 2 am Saturday morning and caught up on some much needed sleep.

Once back and with an untested engine, Keith dialed in a 10.00 for the first pass in eleminations. Luckily he did cause somewhere in all the previous havok, he missplaced his gloves and didn't realize it until just before the water box. All that hard work would have gone down the drain if a 9.99 was on the window.

Anyways, back to the race. Right at the topend of that pass, the electrical gremlin showed its ugly face. The engine studdered at the big end and while on the return road stalled and didn't restart. (I'm really starting to hate EFI lol) Towed her back to the pits and pushed her back in the trailer.

What really amazed me this past weekend was the dedication of love that David and Keith have shown keeping Drooze's dream alive. Thoughout all the hardships in the past, this team just keeps going and going. Nothing gets them down. Personally I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago.

All in all I'm very proud to have been a part of Drooze's dream at Indy 2011. Once back home the guy's at the shop asked what I had learned. Being in Wertman's pit I learned nothing about racing, just alot about life.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #20
69camz28

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great post, Jerry! Hope to catch up with you again sometime.

~Jeff
69camz28 is offline   Reply With Quote