HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #11
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach
Default Re: Strange Engineering and Bruce Bachelder

I have Strange brakes on my car and could not be happier, great product and quality ... they support the sportsman racers which is phenomenal in this economy. Bruce and Travis are second to none ... I appreciate the fact that they are around, they are fair and consistant and support the sportsman racers ....
Old 07-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Strange Engineering and Bruce Bachelder

Topeka National Event Win.....The FIRST check received...STRANGE ENGINEERING
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Alex Denysenko

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

2010 Joliet Nationals Anatol (Tony) won what we beleive it the largest Perfectly Strange award ever paid out in stock and possibly all of the sportsman eliminators.
$3500.00

Not only did Bruce verify and congratulate Tony, but later in the day Bob and Jeff Stange, the owners of Strange did so.
Tony had the the check in hand Tuesday after the event.

We have been using Strange Products since there has been a Strange Engineering and are proud to be one of their distributors.
Alex Denysenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
Joe Marcinowski

Liked 33 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
Strange Engineering has been very good in terms of their products and customer support for me also.

Nice Job with the Perfectly Strange award Joe!

That $$$ going into your StickShift Conversion Fund?
Thanks guys.

Jim, Some of it sure is.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #15
Marvin Robinson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to add my two cents... Bruce is 1st class, I had him check my heads (my motor is torn down for a rebuild), and he gave me the straight skinny on my heads, and a lot of good advice. I have had good experiences with NHRA tech inspectors from the beginning. Also, I know where to get my liteweight from brakes from now!!! Good to hear Strange is so great with their racer support.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
Bryan Worner

Liked 411 Times in 67 Posts

While we are sharing Perfectly Strange stories, I will share mine.

First round of the 2009 Cajun Sportsnationals, I'm driving my brother's SS/IA. I pull up to the scales and a crowd gathers around my car. I say to myself, what the heck is going on here, what are they going to check? Then I got my time slip and saw I went dead on w/a 0, which was surprising since I killed a good bit! Then they said congrats for being perfectly strange and begin the process. Here's where it gets interesting! The gentleman with the check sheet asks to see the decals! I point them out. Then he asks, do you have axles? I point to the Mark Williams axles and say no, but I have struts! He says, well you DON'T win the award if you don't have the axles! I say, NO! That's not the way this program works! He states, yes it is, you must have the axles to WIN the Perfectly Strange award. So we go back and forth for a while, til a few other officials join the now heated debate. Long story short, I had to go to the tower and talk to Mr. Hutch to get it straighted out.

On the way to the tower, I took my National Dragster with me and stopped by the scales. The tech official who told me I did NOT win the award was there. I attempted to show him the details of the Perfectly Strange award in the National Dragster, but he wouldn't even look at it!

No, it wasn't Bruce. I've had nothing but pleasant dealings/discussions with him.

I will say that Strange does pay in a very timely manner! I had my check, hat and whatever else they sent me a few days after arriving home!
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #17
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

I have been dealer statused with Strange Engineering since the mid 90s, when John Mazzarella offered the program to me. It has been nothing but great for me, and I continue to use all Strange components in my operations.

Mr Bachelder has been very professional in providing rule information. He is very good at tailoring his comments as not to provide speed secrets, while informing you as to the rule guidelines. I have had the oppourtunity to speak with Bruce reguarding rear end housings in Stock Eliminator. I produced information (not names) and as a result, a major change was made to the rule book two years ago. I followed the proper channels and recieved a positive outcome.

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote