HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Question to Ford, CJ Owners and supporters

Maybe we should just all go race PT Cruisers for a few years until the CJ's and DP's have there factors corrected.
I think we will be seeing alot more B/SA cars next year.....................
Old 09-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhuff View Post
Sure looks like know one wants to answer this question.What the deal?
If I were looking at building a top of the line A-B-C Stocker and no CJ/DP, I would look at a $75K budget. Sure it could be done cheaper but a popular body (Camaro, Mustang, Mopar) can cost a minimum of $10K as a buy in and then you have your restoration cost. Personally, I would buy a new body from Dynacorn, even with their fitment issues. That's $15K right there.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
Dgal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Sean, how much do you think it will cost building a competitive AA, A, B or C Stocker that is not a CJ or DP?

A competitive car for the higher classes, built from scratch in today's dollars, can cost almost as much as a CJ or DP by the time you are done with building the car and doing all the R&D.
The problem is that it is not competitive against a Cobra Jet or Drag Pak even if you spent twice the amount. The Cobra Jets and Drag Paks start out with significant advantages that any other combination cannot overcome without larger runner volumes, larger throttle bodies, larger valves, greater lobe lift, and or power adders. Plus the deep pocket R&D of the manufacturer.
Dgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
If I were looking at building a top of the line A-B-C Stocker and no CJ/DP, I would look at a $75K budget. Sure it could be done cheaper but a popular body (Camaro, Mustang, Mopar) can cost a minimum of $10K as a buy in and then you have your restoration cost. Personally, I would buy a new body from Dynacorn, even with their fitment issues. That's $15K right there.
Jeff you would be buying a car. That was never on a showroom floor. And doesen't have a vin# for the year/model claimed.
According to some on here you shouldn't be allowed to run it.
Oops, Nevermind, it's a GM
Old 09-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip marvetz View Post
Maybe we should just all go race PT Cruisers for a few years until the CJ's and DP's have there factors corrected.
I think we will be seeing alot more B/SA cars next year.....................
Why don't you build a Neon for SS like me.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
Post Re: Question to Ford, CJ Owners and supporters

OK, sense the supporters of these cars keep coming back to say it's time to purchase these new cars, lets take a look at that idea. Lets say there are about 1,000 stock racers in north america and all the sudden half of them fall into a bucket of money and can buy one, well now we have another problem. There aren't enough cars and parts produced to build some of them, now that is why they are limited production and should be in super stock period.
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #17
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
Why don't you build a Neon for SS like me.
But I already have a 1988 Shadow and a 1993 Eagle Talon waiting in the back yard, LOL.
I do plan on asking you for some advice in the near future though...
Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Way View Post
My opinion. There is NO asterisk by John Calverts win at the Winternats. Why should there be. He has done it before and he will do it again. CJ, Dragpak or the Ole Stang. The factors are wrong, but to think that people build cars for the joy of qualifying low or not at all, or that they don't pick cars with an advantage is also wrong. Granted, some advantages are larger than others. How does Voth feel pulling his Monte up beside a Cobalt for class. Wonder if Cobalts should have an asterisk too? No.
Again, the factors are wrong but NO asterisk is by wins of these cars because they are LEGAL if built to the rules.
Just because you don't like the way things are doesn't put an asterisk anywhere.
Every winner has an advantage or every race would be a dead heat.
John calvert winning the Sunday eliminator (read: bracket race) definitely should not have asterisk. Any heads up wins or lcass wins on the other hand.....

Not one person has given a serious attempt at answering this question, because they know I'm right.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #19
Jim Carter

Liked 19 Times in 3 Posts
Cool Re: Question to Ford, CJ Owners and supporters

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULER View Post
OK, sense the supporters of these cars keep coming back to say it's time to purchase these new cars, lets take a look at that idea. Lets say there are about 1,000 stock racers in north america and all the sudden half of them fall into a bucket of money and can buy one, well now we have another problem. There aren't enough cars and parts produced to build some of them, now that is why they are limited production and should be in super stock period.
How many people are gonna or want to pay to watch a yard full of just Mustangs and Challenger go down the track? Maybe Ford will come up with another paper tiger like a 428 powered pick ups/suvs that can fit into the H through T stock classes. Hey now you're talking!!
Oh yeah, sell 'em on Monday!!
Until they find out they can't actually buy one to drive on the street.
What a bunch of malarkey.

JC
Jim Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #20
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kennedy View Post
This is a serious question, not wanting to jest with someone saying I'm a 'CJ' hater or a Ford hater.
'Naw

Quote:
I don't want to get involved in the 'is it underrated or isn't it' bitch fest. That's a waste of time, seriously debating the question is asinine at best. The car is obviously padded big time thanks to the big checks the Ford now sends the NHRA.
Not padded. Ford supplied the specs and NHRA accepted them.

Quote:
What I would like an answer to is... What is Ford, and what are the racers getting out of this?
Ford: Marketing
Racers: Their money's worth on their investment

Quote:
I could completely understand if you actually built a better mousetrap, you would have every right to feel triumphat.
Yep.

Quote:
But seriously, just buying a car that literally makes all others obsolete, simply because of a bogus HP rating..... how is that enjoyable?
It does not make others obsolete; they end controlling a specific class. Again, the HP factors were submitted and NHRA accepted them. Blame NHRA.

Quote:
Would you go to a water fight with a nuclear weapon?
Quite a disparity, but funny

Quote:
Do you really think you have earned or deserve the performance, wins and records that the CJ now has? Do you think they are warranted?
They earned them because they were done with approved cars in the classification guide. Warranted? They were legal. BTW...do you wnat Sean Cour to return his trophy?

Quote:
Do you enjoy wiping out the competition with the single signing of a check? How do you feel when you look at you trophy?
I responded earlier.

Quote:
I'm sure there will be lots of drama and flaming, but I'll be skipping over that looking for an honest answer.
Here they are!!!
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote