HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
aspen7709

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2011 NHRA national schedule&more on Epping!

The sad thing is all I hear is "We cant race this weekend cause of NASCAR,We cant schedule that cause of NASCAR, NASCAR has a race that weekend so we cant do that,We moved the event because the NASCAR race is that weekend or real close to it" Since when are we subserveant to NASCAR? We are our organization! Yeah you lose some crowds but make NHRA more appealing to racers and spectators alike! Tom Compton and the rest of the glendora boys must be NASCAR season ticket holders cause they make sure we ALWAYS take a back seat to them in everything. Those idiots are gonna kill NHRA and I hope we bought by someone who gives a crap!

Kenny Newsome 7709 h/sa or ???? building new car and its not a stocker!
aspen7709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,179 Times in 353 Posts

The only thing I can think of is not enough Hotels and Lodging for Fans and some racers during the same weekends of NHRA and NASCAR (Not like Vegas doesn't have enough hotels for like 5 races at the same weekend). The poll they did a couple of years ago showed that most NASCAR fans don't watch NHRA and most NHRA fans don't watch NASCAR but, I guess there are those few people they don't want to make angry.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #13
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nascar should install Pro Wrestling rings at all their tracks.....Birds of a feather, ya know? WJ
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #14
doublet

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen7709 View Post
The sad thing is all I hear is "We cant race this weekend cause of NASCAR,We cant schedule that cause of NASCAR, NASCAR has a race that weekend so we cant do that,We moved the event because the NASCAR race is that weekend or real close to it" Since when are we subserveant to NASCAR? We are our organization! Yeah you lose some crowds but make NHRA more appealing to racers and spectators alike! Tom Compton and the rest of the glendora boys must be NASCAR season ticket holders cause they make sure we ALWAYS take a back seat to them in everything. Those idiots are gonna kill NHRA and I hope we bought by someone who gives a crap!

Kenny Newsome 7709 h/sa or ???? building new car and its not a stocker!
I agree. I went to Topeka religiously from their inaugural national event, and I enjoyed the last weekend of Sep/first weekend of Oct time frame a lot. Then NASCAR decides that there's gonna be a race in Kansas that general time frame, so no more NHRA then. May works for some people, but not so much for me. I've often wondered what the attendance would be in Topeka if they had kept the same schedule that they started with.
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote