HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
slow dragster

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: New Tech Rules

Parachutes must have their own independent mounting with sleeved 3/8 inch
minimum steel bolts or steel pins required for all applications. Shroud line(s) mounting
brackets must be constructed of minimum .090-inch steel. Safety pins must be
red flagged and removed prior to burnout. The use of ball-lock pins for parachute
mounting prohibited. See Class Requirements regarding use of two parachutes. Such
applications require separate shroud-line mounting points for each parachute system.

This is the amended version as of Feb 8th 2010.

The way I read it a 3/8 steel bolt with a sleeve is the minimum size. It says nothing about using a larger bolt. The bolt must be steel. .090 is the thickness of your welded brace the bolt runs through.
The older rule prior to the amendment would have affected hundreds if not thousands of race cars.
slow dragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Phew! That's better.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #13
R&S Motorsports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow dragster View Post
Parachutes must have their own independent mounting with sleeved 3/8 inch
minimum steel bolts or steel pins required for all applications. Shroud line(s) mounting
brackets must be constructed of minimum .090-inch steel. Safety pins must be
red flagged and removed prior to burnout. The use of ball-lock pins for parachute
mounting prohibited. See Class Requirements regarding use of two parachutes. Such
applications require separate shroud-line mounting points for each parachute system.

This is the amended version as of Feb 8th 2010.

The way I read it a 3/8 steel bolt with a sleeve is the minimum size. It says nothing about using a larger bolt. The bolt must be steel. .090 is the thickness of your welded brace the bolt runs through.

The older rule prior to the amendment would have affected hundreds if not thousands of race cars.

So is the .090 the same for CM or MS, If you use a slip tube do they count the thickness of both tubes, or do they want a sleeve inside of the slip tube???? this is quite vague does anyone really know??
R&S Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #14
Kent Hanley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pinkston View Post
Here is what was posted by the S/C racer on another message board.

"Any of you guys ever heard of this deal?

We bought tech cards today for the LODRS Div 2 event and got a form we are SUPPOSED TO SIGN before we can race that deals with oil and hazardous materials disposal.

Basically, there is NO DISPOSAL available at event so if you drain your oil you have to take it back on the highways with you, no brake cleaner or carb cleaner cans can be thrown away, etc, etc, you have to keep them in your posession.

To quote the form we got: This is a short version:
"There will be a $1000.00 fine for violation of these rules". "Any breaking of these rules will result in prosecution to the fullest extent of the LAW".

Then above the signature line it says:

"I have read, understand and agree to the above"

Another "Welcome Wagon Treat from NHRA or what?"

My attorney says do not sign it. It creates several serious personal liability issues. One example: What if someone throws a empty oil bottle or Brake Cleaner can in the garbage can next to my trailer. The NHRA trash inspectors find it and say it must be mine. NOW WHAT? I say it isn't they say it is, I get fined $1000 and where does the appeal process start.

What if the EPA finds a large amount of oil spilled on the ground and can't prove who did it; does everyone who signed the form become partially responsible??"

Like I said, he has not responded yet with the answer stating that he did sign the form or not.

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham

I wonder what happens if you oil the track down or have a tranny leak ?
Kent Hanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #15
63corvette

Liked 308 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S Motorsports View Post
So is the .090 the same for CM or MS, If you use a slip tube do they count the thickness of both tubes, or do they want a sleeve inside of the slip tube???? this is quite vague does anyone really know??
I am not sure even the Tech people know for sure what the rules are yet.
I tried to pin down the tech people last fall at Las Vegas and Pamona at the last two races of the year to get a read on what I needed to do if anything. The Division 7 people just read it out of the dragster and said that was it. When I asked specifically about a loose sleeve around the bolt they told me the sleeve was for the welded part inside another tube which did not seem quite right to me. I fabricated a loose sleeve for my 1/2" bolt which has a T handle on it for quick removal. I am not sure the T handle will fly so I am carrying a regular grade 8 bolt to replace the T handle if they want it replaced.
I would think it will vary from race to race for awhile until everyone in the Tech groups gets on the same page.
Just My 2 Cents
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #16
Chuck Westcott

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went ahead and picked up a 1/2 in Grade 8 Nut and bolt and a sleeve spacer that they said I needed, I'll put in on after I get to Gainesville today prior to Tech.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #17
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: New Tech Rules

Just spoke to my chassis guys re: this issue. They have upgraded at least 6 dragsters to fit these new rules, why doesnt NHRA think things thru. Same thing happened to us in 2007 Bradenton D2 race, that time it was about mounting of crotch strap under seat, also told everyone if it wasnt correct by gainesville, dont show up only to be rescinded 10 minutes later. I see a pattern as usual. I already drilled my mount and sleeved it to fit new rule but I didnt have to fabricate like some had to.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
Chuck Westcott

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went through Tech today in Gainesville and He didn't even look at the Chute mount that I upgraded to a 1/2 in bolt with a nice sleeve as they requested in Bradenton.
Who know's what the **ck they are thinking. The EPA police are all over the place, I received a 6 page packet and an orentation before we could enter the gate. If you change your oil you either take it with you or pay a fee to dump it at their supervised site.
The Company is an independant contractor from Ga.
Get prepared it's becoming tougher to race these events, guess I'll go to Jiffy lube to change the oil in the race car while I'm traveliing.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #19
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Hanley View Post
I wonder what happens if you oil the track down or have a tranny leak ?
Maybe you now have to take the oil-laden grease sweep with you?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #20
sst7250

Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts
Cool Re: New Tech Rules

Better make sure if you are transporting used oil through CA you have the proper documentation. After all out here it is considered a hazardous waste and those laws are applicable to it's transport and storage..So I guess we all need haz waste training and proper placarding too..Oh wait is this a business or hobby, do DOT laws apply or not, I can tell you when has waste is involved one needs ones ducks in a row. I do this all day every day.
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote