HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,765 Times in 2,040 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Norwalk points race!

Well, I finally got a little bit of a signal. Today has been really nice here. The air was about 1600' on the 1st run. It has been sunny to overcast all day. On the 1st run, Jason McCormack pulled a big wheelie then was all over the track. He had it tied way down on the 2nd run. We ran ok, the Dana is holding up well. They got a clean-up run late. Everything seems to have run pretty well with not much down time all day. Heard that Duell in the Challenger just got a grade point and then left to go to a Mopar show.

We are parked next to a Top Dragster who started his up in the pits this morning and blew oil all over our trailer and even onto the car on the other side of the trailer. I was trying to run into the motorhome to close up the bedroom windows to keep the smoke out and tripped and fell. So I guess I will be sore tomorrow!

There were not any stockers trying to set records this weekend. Heard there was a superstocker, but I don't know who it was.

I made friends with Paul and Debbie Boster's dog Missy this weekend. She is a Doberman and scared me half to death the last time I saw her last year, but she was a good dog today.

The weather is not looking good for here tomorrow. Looks like we may get rain. We are supposed to run at 9, so we will just have to wait and see.

Well more later. Oh and I apologize for calling Tim Gillespie's girlfriend Debbie. Her name is Julie.

Patsy
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
Rick Angles

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope it is a good weekend for all the racers. I just looked at the qualifying sheets for Stk and SS. Wish I was there, even as a spectator. The list shows 75 Stk and 80 SS cars. Nice showing. Compare that to the turn out in Bristol, 39 Stk and 47 SSers. I know where I would like to be, .
Rick Angles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #13
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

It is Sat. morning and still not raining. The wind blew a bunch last night, but it was great sleeping with the windows open with the wind blowing in. Right now it is overcast and looks like we are right on the edge of getting rain. We start running at 9, so it looks like we should at least get our qualifying runs this morning.

More later.

Patsy
Old 05-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #14
Bud Lefevre

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's wet here in Toledo this morning. Calling for more wet around 10am then nice the rest of the day.
Have fun.

Bud
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #15
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

We were down for just a little while for sprinkles, but are back up running.

More later.

Patsy
Old 05-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Well, we finally got thru the 1st round of stock after about 4 rain delays. And we won--beat John Dinkel heads up. No shows for 1st round were: Duell, Miller, Owens, Bob Downing(couldn't get his started). We have been down for quite a while now. I don't know if they got all of super gas in or not. They have not cancelled anything yet for the day. They say it is just a little streak of rain, but it doesn't want to go away. The DA that round was 2300'. Pretty crummy.

Well it is wine time somewhere now, so since we are done for the day, I may even get out my proper wine glass!

More later.

Patsy
Old 05-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Well, they Finally got back to racing about 6. I think they have cancelled out super stock and supercomp tonight. They have lots of spectators here tonight. Since everything was rained out this afternoon, they have told everyone they can come back tomorrow for free. It has cooled off since the rain stopped. Supposed to be in the 40's tonight.

We are sitting here tonight watching the Nascar All=stars with Chuck Beach.

Well more tonight.

Patsy
Old 05-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #18
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

It is a beautiful morning here in Norwalk, but cold. Haven't seen the te mperature yet, but I would guess the 40's.
They started out this morning with where they left off with Super Gas when it started raining yesterday. Super stock is running now, then Super Street. Comp qualifying is at 10. I'm surprised they did not have a schedule up on DRC. Alcohol finished their qualifying last night and are set to run at 1. I don't know if we will get in any Round 2's before then. We already had a long delay for a Super Gas clean-up.

I still can't get over how nice this facility is. The electric hook-ups are great. They say we all have to park in the grass at the National event, but we haven't driven over there to see what it looks like. We aren't planning on making the 560 mile trip back here for the national. We are planning on going to Topeka (just 500 miles) and then the Joliet points race. Beyond that we will have to see how work is going.

Well more later. We have Greg Hill next. I think Larry owes him one. Larry red-lighted against him the last time we ran. Some place we were at, an announcer said Larry and Greg were father and son. I don't know which was which since there is only about 5 years difference in their ages. LOL

Patsy
Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #19
Chris Hill

Liked 238 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Some place we were at, an announcer said Larry and Greg were father and son. I don't know which was which since there is only about 5 years difference in their ages. LOL

Patsy
I did not know Greg was really grandpaw. Does that make Andrew my uncle?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Well, we are on our way back home after Larry had a perfect light and still got beat. Greg had a .043 and Larry caught him and thought he was ahead of him and was rubbing the brakes. The car left the best it had all weekend, and he didn't want to break out so he thought he was just a lttle ahead of Greg, but he was just a little behind! Oh well, there is always next time!!