HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
Ron Ortiz

Liked 260 Times in 88 Posts
Default Re: What is your worst reaction time

Hey Floyd, I am not sure but I think the worst R/T belongs to a Funny Car driver. I remember he said that the light came on and he was so late that he pretended that he was broke, to avoid having the worst R/T in history.

As far as worst lights go, me personally, about a .036

Ron Ortiz
U/SA ..............
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
Hey Floyd, I am not sure but I think the worst R/T belongs to a Funny Car driver. I remember he said that the light came on and he was so late that he pretended that he was broke, to avoid having the worst R/T in history.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA ..............
Uhh Ron,put that decimal point one spot to the right.Thank you.Truth in advertising.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #13
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ron, If your WORST light is a .036 remind me never to line up next to you!

Quote:

Ron Ortiz
U/SA ..............
Floyd Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
Ron Ortiz

Liked 260 Times in 88 Posts

Ed, I do not need to move the decimal. My natural reaction time is .022 If you take roll out and remove it and run on a pro tree set at .000 it will show what your true reaction time is. My worst was an .036 So there you go.

Now as far as RT at the races when it is posted on a time slip, I'd just rather not talk about it. Put it this way, I know exactly when to leave, I just don't do it all the time.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Reactions like a cow
Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 198 Times in 79 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Red face Re: What is your worst reaction time

After carding a .007rt in qualifying, I'm very embarrassed with my .121 in rnd #1 @ Tucson 2wks ago...
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Ed, I do not need to move the decimal. My natural reaction time is .022 If you take roll out and remove it and run on a pro tree set at .000 it will show what your true reaction time is. My worst was an .036 So there you go.

Now as far as RT at the races when it is posted on a time slip, I'd just rather not talk about it. Put it this way, I know exactly when to leave, I just don't do it all the time.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Reactions like a cow
I thought you were talking about being in the car.Even Peter and Fletcher aren't that good.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #17
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 519 Times in 205 Posts

How about worst RT and still win the round.....

This story is true and I have the track paper writeup to prove it.....

I was bracket racing.....footbraking my Vega in SuperPro....Car was running around 9.7's....

Had a .00x Rt in the qtrs......had to race someone in the semi's that was prone to make mistakes so I said to myself a couple times before we staged...."don't foul whatever you do"!......he was dialed about 10.90..... The tree came down on my side and I froze on the bottom bulb.....when I finally hit the pedal I knew I was WAY late.......ran down there and saw his nose never drop so I hit the brakes......I was +.23 green......and my opponent broke out!.....I went in for the final and was again .00x and my opponent, a much better racer, was .01.....I pedaled hard and ran dead on for the win as I slid by him.............So my worst winning RT was .73 on a .500 tree....
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #18
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A year ago at Bandimere my friend goes to the line 1st round dialed 11.72 the other guy is dialed 10.27. The tree comes down and my friends car dies at the line. The other guy goes .043 runs it out never slowing and goes 10.23. My friend watches the other guy breakout starts his car has a 22.03 reaction time goes down the track run 12.27 for the win. Unbelievable and his luck continued the rest of the day with redlight wins, breakout wins and a bye run to win the event that day. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #19
Gary Smith

Liked 76 Times in 24 Posts

I can't recall my worst..guessing 9 something. I never kept those timeslips, throwing them out the window.

However a better story was years ago before the LED trees I was bracket racing an old Merc land barge and couldn't cut anything better than a .670. After 3 tries at the 3rd amber I got frustrated and left on the 2nd amber purposely trying to go red. To my amazement it went green, nailing a .503 on a 5 tenths tree!!! Was really ticked I couldn't repeat during eliminations, going red instead.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #20
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drooze told a story about me being about 14 and some change on reaction time..... but it wasn't my fault... He should have banged on the window or done something else to wake me up..... I had never driven that car before and frankly hadnt even driven at the track in 40 years...

It is so cozy in that helmut and a stock car........that I must have fallen asleep.. yea. that's the ticket....That is my story and I am sticking to it.

I bought a porta tree and practice regularly now... recently had a friend into the shop with his son who was in town and was a racer too. I got out the porta tree to show him. We hit a few lights, and I was crushing him.. Then he started to "get it" and was getting close to my times, and I said "OK, this is the last time " He agreed, and we ran it one last time. I hit an .000 and he hit a .025 and said he Wow.... How often can you do that?

I said, "every time I really want to"..... and I smiled... putting the porta tree back into the box and thinking how that was really good planning to have said this will be our last run.....

The last time I saw an .000 reaction time on the timing slip, it belonged to the guy in the other lane...

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 04-07-2010 at 11:24 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote