Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #11
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New hp revisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
That could be a GOOD idea. It would get everyone where they should belong but only IF they didnt tell anyone until it was a done deal.
As stated before..we cant just keep adding hp to all.....LOWER THE INDEXES..then the one's that need HP will get it...

Last edited by bsa633; 07-22-2009 at 01:25 PM.
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa633 View Post
As stated before..we cant just keep adding hp to all.....LOWER THE INDEXES..then the one's that need HP will get it...
Not unless the "Trigger" is changed (lowered) more than the lowering of the indexes. It will need to be lowered to an unknown amount. Racers will always be racers and manipulate the system.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:01 AM   #13
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Not unless the "Trigger" is changed (lowered) more than the lowering of the indexes. It will need to be lowered to an unknown amount. Racers will always be racers and manipulate the system.
If you lower the trigger an equal amount or more nothing changes..lower the indexes so people can "run em" all out ..only way to see were we are right now...It's nothing more than a -1.15 bracket race nowdays! Somehow the "evolution" needs to get some space...one way or another..sort of they did with AA!

Last edited by bsa633; 07-23-2009 at 03:48 AM.
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:57 AM   #14
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Cool Re: New hp revisions?

Quote:
If you lower the trigger an equal amount or more nothing changes..lower the indexes so people can "run em" all out ..only way to see were we are right now...It's nothing more than a -1.15 bracket race nowdays! Somehow the "evolution" needs to get some space...one way or another..sort of they did with AA!
Agreed....thats why I said make the trigger different than the amount of index change and not let the amount be known. Racers WILL manipulate the system one way or the other. Start by lowering the indexes by a min, of .5.....yes, one half of a second (.75 might be even better). With the way "stockers" are being built today (rules and "enhanced" induction parts,etc.) just about anyone can build one that would run around .75 under todays indexes unless the combo is off in left field with an over rated engine to begin with. Whats the point of running 1+ under if 98-99% of the field is doing the same thing. Just having a soft index is not going to bring in a lot of new blood these days until all of the old timers drop dead from old age and are no longer racing. The guys who have been racing stock all thier lives know all the "Tricks". I doubt stock (or whatever it will turn into) will be around by that time so thats a moot point. Just another 2 1/2 cents worth of BS from someone who used to care. Makes for good reading matter for arguments sake.......eh?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:01 AM   #15
Terrance Smith

Quote:
If you lower the index/trigger and the fast guys get hit that gives that combo hp correct? so everyone who has that combo has to add weight so it still keeps everyone seperated by the same amount. So if I have a B/SA Shelby and it is only .3 tenths under and Bill Hawk is running his normal 1.00-1.20 under and he gets hit because the indexes are lowered or the trigger is lowered it affects both of us. I don't see what you can do to change anything because it's still going to affect everyone who has that same combo. Someone please tell me what I am missing here.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:19 AM   #16
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Talking Re: New hp revisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance Smith View Post
If you lower the index/trigger and the fast guys get hit that gives that combo hp correct? so everyone who has that combo has to add weight so it still keeps everyone seperated by the same amount. So if I have a B/SA Shelby and it is only .3 tenths under and Bill Hawk is running his normal 1.00-1.20 under and he gets hit because the indexes are lowered or the trigger is lowered it affects both of us. I don't see what you can do to change anything because it's still going to affect everyone who has that same combo. Someone please tell me what I am missing here.
I think if you have a 67 Shelby that only runs .3 under then you must have left a few plug wires off OR #1 you truly are legal as in OEM stock...#2 your living in a fairy tell land in believing everyone who is running fast or torn down is really legal.....#3 you cant drive the damn thing or its broken. Im NOT saying anyone like Bill is illegal as I know him personally but the car IS a maximum effort (and a nice one) plus it is like some say.... a "Paper" car but its still deemed a legal combination by NHRA and thats all that matters here. If one can run fast then so can any others that are in the same combo IF the effort, work, desire, expertise, and money are applied to it. Just having soft indexes to run off of means nothing and makes stock eliminator more like bracket racing. If everyone could do it we all would be world champions.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 07-23-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #17
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 373 Times in 80 Posts

What this means is the slow will go slower and the fast will still be fast !!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Talking Re: New hp revisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bender View Post
What this means is the slow will go slower and the fast will still be fast !!!!!
Its either spend the $$$$ to do what everyone else is doing.......work on it if you can do your own work.....race a combo that has a resonable HP raiting not one that you just like.......get NHRA to refactor your combo (not one everyone else is running) down so you can slide into a lower class.......really cheat.....bracket race (its what you do anyway 99% of the time)....or watch TV. There are no "GIMMIES" in the real world. The guys who are fast today will still be the ones who are fast tomorrow......learn what to do and still pass tech.......dont live in a fairy tell land and make it your passion to become a bad ***.......if you cant afford to run with the big dogs then your not going to qualify for INDY anyway even if the indexes are softer. 128 car fields are it in NHRA. I guess Im up to 5 cents worth of BS by now.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #19
Tom Moock

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

X-TECH MAN what car, class do you race? Have you every raced in the midwest in the middle of summer 100 deg. and 80% hum.; -.75 the index and half the car`s wouldn`t show up to race. Tom
Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moock View Post
X-TECH MAN what car, class do you race? Have you every raced in the midwest in the middle of summer 100 deg. and 80% hum.; -.75 the index and half the car`s wouldn`t show up to race. Tom
midwest hell, try houston this weekend. DA above 4000 most likely, and the real altitude is like 25 feet