HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
Kent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: AA/SA requirements?

I asked once about SS/CS 10.65 index and was told I needed a full cage and license and all the other safety stuff for a 9.99 or faster by a Div 1 official at an event. Which makes no sense when .60 under still won't put me under that et. Can someone explain this?
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #12
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,124 Times in 296 Posts

That may have been an "old school" official. As I mentioned earlier, it used to be that you needed all safety equipment required to run the record for your class, whether or not you could actually go that quick/fast. They assumed that your ultimate goal was to run at least as fast as the record.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #13
Stewart Way

Liked 70 Times in 21 Posts

Kent
That is still the case in CS. 10.65 index but certified cage and a license. Worse for GT/GA 11.20 index and it needs the cage cert and license. The reason is when you go thru tech they have no way of knowing if you are a 10 60 or a 9.30 SS/CS, so they make everyone have the same equipment. Having worked starting line at National events in the past I know from experience its hard enough to check everything as a car is getting ready to run without trying to figure if a SS/CS is a 10.60 or 9.30 car before it runs. Should he have a window net, full face helmet or neck collar? Once you see the class on the car you know what is required. There are still some strange ones in SS. All 4 truck classes have to have a cage but only TA needs a license but TB has a 9.05 record and no license requirement unless Gen Reg 10.4 is the catch-all with its class 4 Type B 7.50-9.99 clause.
Stewart Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #14
MKopp5787

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

When I ran AA this year I was told to get a physical and get a competition license. Also a full face helmet and a 3.2a/5 jacket. Now with this new rule NHRA came out with is a 3.2a/5 pants. Certified roll cage and a window net. No tranny shield or flex plate. It was the same for wherever I went either a d5 national event or having a d3 tech guy at chicago. I've asked enough people about this and was never told anything about other then what I stated here.
MKopp5787 is offline   Reply With Quote