Default Re: GTX John????

Great News!
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #12
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,886 Times in 580 Posts

Today the the doctor said that he might be released tomorrow depending on how he feels tomorrow. Dad walked more today but had to use the walker. Dad said he still feels really weak and would not feel safe leaving tomorrow so we will see. If we did leave the doctor said that we will have to stay close to the hospital and return in 4 days to get a check up. I know dad wants to race next week but I do not believe he will be in the stocker for a few months. He might be able to race his corvette at the local track but that's it till he gets the ok from the doctor. Again thank you all for everything.

Jon Irving
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Glad to hear he is doing well. I 'll bet he is back in the stocker sooner than you think,LOL
Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #14
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 654 Times in 209 Posts
Cool Re: GTX John????

It seems that when a person's appetite for food returns after an illness,that's a good sign. When a person's appetite for racing returns, thats an even stronger sign. Be sure and share all these messages and well wishes with him. Also, John, look up Psalm 138:8.That's your new life verse. P.S. Jon, you did a great job at Pomona. You nailed down some great packages. Keep at it. There's nothing wrong with racing a wagon!
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: GTX John????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX JOHN View Post
Today the the doctor said that he might be released tomorrow depending on how he feels tomorrow. Dad walked more today but had to use the walker. Dad said he still feels really weak and would not feel safe leaving tomorrow so we will see. If we did leave the doctor said that we will have to stay close to the hospital and return in 4 days to get a check up. I know dad wants to race next week but I do not believe he will be in the stocker for a few months. He might be able to race his corvette at the local track but that's it till he gets the ok from the doctor. Again thank you all for everything.

Jon Irving
Race his CORVETTE ???????? I thought he was a MoPar guy? Glad he is doing much better.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
Dave Ribeiro
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Thumbs up Re: GTX John????

Jon,

Glad to hear Dad is doing well, make sure he takes his time coming back ... Take care ....
Old 05-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
bdixon

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

It was great meeting you guys last nov at the strip.....You tell the old man to get up and get walking and pinching the nurses....all the best wishes and prayers for a quick and speedy recovery Bryan stk 5010 from South Dakota
bdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #18
Gary Smith

Liked 76 Times in 24 Posts

This is truly great news!!!! Been thinking about him since Pomona, hoping his procedure would have a good outcome... You will hear that Mr. Irving's heart is certainly in the right place if you ever meet him. I think it's paid off.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #19
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Here's hoping for a swift and full recovery. Most of the nurses here are fat and ugly so a speedy recovery is mandatory.

Get Well

Jim Rountree
Old 05-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #20
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,886 Times in 580 Posts

I am so very grateful and yet at the same time humbled by the prayers of all my New and Old Friends.........I believe it is only because of everyone's prayerful intercessions that I am ALIVE!

I tossed out the pain meds and require neither a walker or wheelchair any longer. My doctors are amazed by the incredibly fast recovery from major surgery and also that my heart's performance is back to better
than normal for a man my age. Prior to my surgery........I was not expected to be
a good risk for surgery. Now the latest Cardioologist tell me my heart performs as well as most guys in their 30's!

I believe God has given me an opportunity for renewal and fresh commitment to my faith....as well
as an opportunity for fresh perspective and walk with HIM.

THANKS AGAIN,

John Irving

PS: Planning to be at Fontana racing end of week.

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 05-09-2011 at 03:50 PM.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote