Default Re: ??? regarding the SS/EX Toyota Scion at Indy

Where can I obtain/view "the list"??? comp
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 298 Times in 158 Posts

Regarding Comp Eliminator the only full bodied class that I can find that might allow a Scion vehicle with no restrictions is Pro Mod but any new body style must be submitted to NHRA Technical for approval ---all other classes say it "must be an NHRA accepted body " or they are restricted to a 2 door sedan or 2 door Hardtop--- or an extended mid size truck--- No SUV or pickup trucks etc.-- the Sport compact program had their own rules ya some were allowed to be carried over but Nissan/Hondas are in the guide NO TOYOTA is that's my beef--- IF A TOYOTA listing was in the guide I would accept that but NOWHERE either ONLINE or in NHRA rule book is there an allowance to run a vehicle that is not listed--------Furthermore are you aware of ANY other Toyota Vehicles competing in NHRA Super Stock or Stock??? If so how many and who are they???Comp 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
Brett Brown

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
Art--- your not gonna convince me that car is legal!!! Page 162 under Body---Body MUST be on NHRA accepted body list--OK where is the NHRA accepted body list???? SS/MX beginning section hilighted in BLUE page 154 ---requirements & specs are same as Modified and Modified Stock-- Those both say NHRA accepted list---SS says accepted list----Where is the list that shows ANY Toyota on it---Sport comp or whatever it was called before had their own rules---NHRA has their own rules some may overlap but in this case they don't-That body/model of Vehicle or for that fact ANY TOYOTA is not an accepted car/body/vehicle whatever ya want to call it----IT IS NOT IN THE GUIDE SO IT IS AN ILLEGAL ENTRY--Go try to run a Mercedes in super stock or in stock or Modified they will throw ya out---- Not on the list not accepted sorry ya can;t run it see my point---Now they might approve it next week but this week its an illegal vehicle--Comp
FED 387, you said it. Body must be on NHRA accepted body list. Call NHRA and ask for it! In the beginning section of MX, it also says with the following exceptions. Body is a part of the exceptions. This is the first year they have run the Scion, which I know for a fact they got it approved by NHRA, previously they ran a Toyota Corolla. They have been running in Super Stock for 2 or 3 years.
The NHRA accepted body list, isn't the only list that NHRA has and we don't (ie accepted crankshaft list).