HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-16-2021, 07:47 PM   #11
GTS340

Liked 1,081 Times in 340 Posts
Default Re: Fix NHRA

I have never been close to winning the point chases but I enjoy thinking every year I have a chance in the beginning. Enjoy the Alstar race from each division coming together. I enjoy seeing others with the same combo as myself from across the united states and how my skills measure up performance wise. I can't get enough of class racing. About 1500 racers entered a Divisional last year in Stock and Superstock alone. I'm guessing half of them don't have a combo race in their backyard. The pits are full of 200,000.00 Motorhomes with stacker trailers carrying very expensive cars. I bet most have never won a race. Just hoping this weekend is going to be the one they bring home the Wally. This week NHRA is broadcasting here in Vegas. I guess I enjoy watching myself after too..

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:18 PM   #12
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 3,001 Times in 654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
I have never been close to winning the point chases but I enjoy thinking every year I have a chance in the beginning. Enjoy the Alstar race from each division coming together. I enjoy seeing others with the same combo as myself from across the united states and how my skills measure up performance wise. I can't get enough of class racing. About 1500 racers entered a Divisional last year in Stock and Superstock alone. I'm guessing half of them don't have a combo race in their backyard. The pits are full of 200,000.00 Motorhomes with stacker trailers carrying very expensive cars. I bet most have never won a race. Just hoping this weekend is going to be the one they bring home the Wally. This week NHRA is broadcasting here in Vegas. I guess I enjoy watching myself after too..

Paul Haszlauer
I've been fortunate enough to win and I said it then and I say it now they could've kept the check I got what I came for. I was able to live out the dream I had when I was young watching people like Garley Daniels, Jeff Taylor and Bobby Warren. I done it with my family and the many great friends that I've met doing this and that's the reason I do it period.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:32 PM   #13
mnmaxwedge

Liked 104 Times in 34 Posts

I was under the assumption the major sponsors actually pay the purses at national events. In other words first Coke, now Camping World pays the pro purses and Lucas Oil pays the sportsman purses. Correct me if I'm wrong but I never thought that NHRA collected entry fees with the actual intent on using any of this money for purse money. Our entry fees and charges are presumably paying NHRA for operating the event. The participating track splits the spectator gate with the NHRA in a prearranged percentage and NHRA keeps the entry money to pay for operations at te\he particular race and to fund operations at the Glendale offices on the golf course.

Last edited by mnmaxwedge; 03-16-2021 at 10:38 PM.
mnmaxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-16-2021, 11:24 PM   #14
matt82114

Liked 117 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmaxwedge View Post
I was under the assumption the major sponsors actually pay the purses at national events. In other words first Coke, now Camping World pays the pro purses and Lucas Oil pays the sportsman purses. Correct me if I'm wrong but I never thought that NHRA collected entry fees with the actual intent on using any of this money for purse money. Our entry fees and charges are presumably paying NHRA for operating the event. The participating track splits the spectator gate with the NHRA in a prearranged percentage and NHRA keeps the entry money to pay for operations at te\he particular race and to fund operations at the Glendale offices on the golf course.

BINGO

Matt Hanley
Car Chief
Leverich Racing Top Fuel Dragster
matt82114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked