HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #11
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A no to delayboxes with a "spec button" ...hmm...racing could be interesting again...do the right thing and keep the old style driving in these classes...if yes to delayboxes..will we be flooded by super comp/gas drivers?..allowing delay boxes and the lack of tech in SS....dont see the difference anyway anymore... I hope they show the "real" result of the opinions sent...and not what they want us to believe!!

bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
Jeff Lee

Quote:
Who the hell would want delay boxes in Super Stock????????????? I see the bottom yellow and let the clutch out and want to keep it that way.
Who wants these devices? Move-up braket racers for one. Those that move from bracket racing (and Super Class racing) who see the typical field at a National event as easy pickings with one exception; having a vehicle that can't perform to the standards of the die-hard class racer. There's a decidedly large amount of racers (any class) that can't cut a light without a delay box (top bulb w/ box which is more effective than bottom bulb racing by virtue of the added influences of bottom bulb racing), and I would say any racer will improve with the use of a delay box (over any other method of controling the jump off the line).
Allowing delay devices (hi-tech button, delay box, variable bleed down solinoids, whatever) will improve a driver reaction time.
So NHRA allows delay box. Almost all will be forced into purchase no matter what they feel is right. Even those with adjustable means of dumping their t-brake at present will by a box because it is more finite / effective and simpilier than what ever methode presently in use.

NHRA won't take away the allowance of a T-brake in SS/Comp. Past history says they wont take away items previously approved such as long travel buttons and hydraulic buttons. Personally, I feel that one "automotive type switch" (per NHRA current rulebook) should be allowed. A "spec" button. That's what I would like to see. But if I were buying stock in a company today, it would be Dedenbear!

On clutch cars...Dad always said "what's good for the goose is god for the gander". I've never driven a car with a electro-magnetic pedal but I have to believe it's the ultimate for reactiion time in a clutch car. It's absolutely no different than a T-brake in an auto trans car. I would buy one immediately if allowable. For now I just leave off the last yellow. Somewhere around the last yellow....

Ed,
Texas is like crossing a whole 'nuther continent for me also! Every time I consider it for an NHRA event, I read about rain and floods. So I would have to say I most likely will not travel to TX anytime soon! I do go as far as Denver on occassion and I would like to try out B.C one day. Maybe we'll both do OK someday? Right now I'm down. I expect it will be until Fall. I'm getting ready to back-half / 4-link the car. It has been pulling left for some time now. Even what I think is an extreme amount of pre-load on the left Cal-Track bar doesn't fix it. Shock settings, weight bias , roll-out all indicate a car that should pull right if anything. One too many times where the left guardrail looked like it was going to impale the underside of my car! So I'm just throwing in the towel on the bolt-on traction devices and 9" slicks. My best actuall ET is 10.10 @ 131. I was really shootin' for a 9 on 9" tires. Close enough I guess.

NHRA #7494 SS/H
1970 AMC AMX 390
"Best Appearing" @ NHRA '06 Pacific Sports Nationals
Arizona's BEST Realtor since '93 and I support racers!
Property in AZ or moving here? I can help! Call me @ 602-418-9797 or e-mail JeffLeeAzRealty@Qwest.net
Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
Rick Ryan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got a question. How would NHRA going to run S/SS together at National Opens like they do here in D-5 and a couple other divisions if SS is allowed to use a delay box?

I also agree Jeff if they do allow it stick cars should get to use the same benefits as an auto car.

Rick

Rick Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #14
tim worner

Liked 126 Times in 20 Posts

Lets get your vote in so we can bury this subject. I like the idea that only drivers are allowed to vote so make it count. I hope they post the results. We should have our own poll also.

tim w
Old 04-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
Mike Mayhew
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NO DAMN BOXES.................EVER ! ! ! ! !
If ya just GOT to have a button, then 1 short spec button.

We're REAL racers, leave the electronics to the BRACKET racers.
Yea, All of em !

P.S.
Do away with throttle stops while we're at it and make the .90 classes drivers and tuners classes. More fun, more skill, and no more 200 mph S.C passes.

Geez, my blood pressure is gettin up. DELAY BOXES IN STOCK ?..........ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! ! ! !

Mike ( madness & ) Mayhem

Mike Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #16
1752supgas

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

are you saying bracket racers are not real racers ? I think Rampy , Biondo , Fletcher ,Zane etc cut their teeth bracket racing ,not that they have had much sucess in stock or super stock. yea right

1752supgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #17
Mike Mayhew
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too cut my teeth bracket racing, and still do. With many track championships and over 160 bracket race final rounds since 1992.
This is an inside joke to my friends. I refer to ALL footbrake racers, bracket on up as REAL racers.
So as my blood pressure rose, my wording wasn't correct.

We have jokingly refered to footbrake racers as REAL racers for years.
And delay box racers ? We don't refer to them much at all. [:-laughing-:]

Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #18
stockracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No one said anything about stock...and I have to ask, Because I use a transbrake and you dont, your more of a real racer? So lets put the ax button in your car and see if you roll in next year with a big number 1 on the window... you will probably have the same results (first round runner-up)

stockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #19
LILWJ

Now Mike Calm down, i think this is addressed to Super Stock and Comp!

woodro josey
I miss Buster Couch and Lex Dudas.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #20
Mike Mayhew
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, sorry, Super Stock, not Stock I see.
Either way, I feel the same.
NO BOXES !

I didn't say anything about a transbrake stockracer whatever.
I said NO DELAY BOXES.
And a spec button.
And yes, if I remember right, out of 18 IHRA and NHRA National/divisional races I attended last year I did lose first round...............twice.
( one broke rocker, and one time it wouldn't crank ).

How was your first rounds last year stockerwhatever ?