Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Ok Ken I may get kicked off this web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Don, just think of this site as the family getting together for Thanksgiving dinner just on a daily basis. You've got the family success stories, the work-a-days, the slugs, the fair-haired children and the never quite lived up to expectations all around the table arguing their points. But the man at the head (Kenny?) of the table accepts us all and as long as we don't get too nasty he lets us have our way. If we do get too nasty, we get our knuckles cracked. But we're all one, big family.
Billy, I see it that way. We all have points to agree and disagree but we all just keep on going. I really don't understand what the big deal is? We don't race keyboards so why are so many people upset at others on this board? If you don't agree with the other person instead of getting in a heated he said/ he said match. Just ignore them and go on with the subject of the thread. But, I do like reading some of the controversy it is entertaining. Once again this is my opinion.
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,637 Times in 384 Posts

East coast west coast? I think anyone can figure that out. Class Racer Located in easten time zone..
d -1 rules... lol
Old 11-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 809 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
You will not get kicked off for your opinion, but I will let the members answer your question. I just wanted to quote you before you deleted your post as you often do.

You know Don, you could start your own site, I'm sure you have a great following.
Ken when I delete my Post is when there are replies to posts that are getting to the point of being vindictive or name calling that is why . I generally like discussions that have something to say about the subject not personal name calling .
Old 11-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #14
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

I believe the site is geared toward Stock and Super Stock racing, with secondary and tertiary focuses on other forms of Sportsman racing and their interactions as a community both on and off the race track. Making anything more or less of it than that is a projection of a given author -- i.e., it is what we make it.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #15

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This site, more often than not, has an over abundance of entertainment. Don seems be one of the bigger contributors.
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 809 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
He could start his own web site but he would have to go back to High School and take a few spelling and English composition classes. Jim
Charlie :In Most cases I am one of bigger contributors since it seems that the number of views is always high .

I guess i could start Class Racer West.Com . lol and still having fun on the internet . At least I post under my real name .

Jim :sometimes i don't take the time to spell check also when i spell worng it is a test for others to see and know the correct spelling lol .
by the way it seems that there some posts are way to serious about some subjects just my opinion

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 11-13-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Don, just think of this site as the family getting together for Thanksgiving dinner just on a daily basis. You've got the family success stories, the work-a-days, the slugs, the fair-haired children and the never quite lived up to expectations all around the table arguing their points. But the man at the head (Kenny?) of the table accepts us all and as long as we don't get too nasty he lets us have our way. If we do get too nasty, we get our knuckles cracked. But we're all one, big family.
Me and my family members, from different parts of the country, don't get along any better than the class racers do on here - LMAO

And some live over by Don...

Ron

Last edited by Andys dad; 11-13-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Andys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

The beginning of the downfall of the Soviet Union has been attributed to the proliferation of fax machines (remember those?), i.e., the free flow of information.

Mother NHRA wielded absolute power (info flowing down) before web sites, cell phones, Drag Race Central etc....the instant communication available here (at times just after a round, or single controversial race) takes some of that power away (control of info)

I believe sites like this and the "whining" about track prep and sportsman treatment at some early spring races turned the tide a bit. All of a sudden track prep, scheduling, sportsman winner treatment and pronouncements from the ivory tower swung a little in our favor

A free flow (free-for-all) of ideas is good,yeah sometimes somebody "steps" in it, (I have), but in the end "dirty laundry" is best examined under the light of discussion/disagreement for example the Lamb deal....somebody wrote what some may have been thinking, then defenses and rebuttals sprang forth, and now it seems that what really happened is a bit more clear....is that better than built walls between east coast and west coast supporters....I say yes, because in the end we stick together as a class and use the power of unity to better our cause
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #19
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

Speaking of bitching, fussing ,and fighting, sounds like we're all brothers to me...with a few sisters mixed in! Nobody fights more than brothers, but don't get in a fight with one....unless you want to fight them all! LOL And we are all competitors in this great past time, with a lot of passion, and sometimes rather large egos. About the only time that we won't help each other, is when we are in the other lane. Go ahead, fuss if you want to, but just like when we were kids...you have to earn your own respect!

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #20
Run to Rund

Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts

Seems like every forum has a few who like to stir the pot.

Last edited by Run to Rund; 11-14-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
Run to Rund is offline   Reply With Quote