HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: 2012 LODRS schedule

Until someone figures a way to compete with Manzo, it seemed like a waste of time, he's that far ahead of everyone. I wont miss them personally, tho I enjoyed watching Frank raise the bar.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
SC1448

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 2012 LODRS schedule

"Or they figured out letting them in free and then paying out a purse when they don't draw spectators in, is not good business".

You hit the nail right on the head sir! To let them in for free under the guise that they put people in the seats is rediculous. I for sure won't miss them.

-Don
SC1448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 183 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: 2012 LODRS schedule

I, for one, will miss them.. I've gotten to know most of the D1 guys and girls and enjoy spending time with the crews.. I see this move by NHRA as the death of the alcohol classes.. depending on how these supposed regions are set up will determine who participates.. the low budget guys are not going to travel the world to race, and neither would we.. even getting in free does not make it worth their while..

There is a large expense to running one of these cars and travelling adds to that expense.. most crew members are not volunteers, so where does it all stop??.. not with this regional idea, that's for sure..

I also did not like the way NHRA went about obtaining input from the alcohol guys on their new idea.. from what I've read, many SRAC reps were not consulted..

And no Dave, there aren't any new classes to bump SG, that I've heard of, but I think I'm Bracket Racing next year anyway.. more bang for the buck and less travelling expenses..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And no Dave, there aren't any new classes to bump SG, that I've heard of, but I think I'm Bracket Racing next year anyway.. more bang for the buck and less travelling expenses..[/QUOTE]

Are you sure Charlie , they might bump us for snow mobiles.lol
Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #15
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I figured out how to not get bumped....

I got rid of my SG car and got a SST car !!!!!

When was the last time SST got bumped for tricycles or golf cart races or snowmobiles or or or...

Bad this is I have to start waking up earlier at the D1 races...

Good thing is I get to race Gary and tell him he's number 1 (thanks Ken)....
Old 11-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Division 2 saw some success with the Unleashed style heads index classes, 10.0,11.0,and 12.0 I would imagine they will return for Div. 2 at least maybe in more... They picked up on average 14 cars per class, and made for some great racing. Some speculated early that this may be the new super classes because there are no delay boxes or throttle stops allowed, but I dont see the super classes going anywhere because of the $$$ involved by sponsors... If anything I think you will see more of this stuyle racing added and maybe even a Open Comp style class where racers qualify to set the index for the race, then drop one thenth to establish the index, handicaped pro tree start...

I for one have not run a Divisional race in some time, and am looking forward to doing so again this coming year. We have a newly prepared S/C dragster and a Mustang that I can either run the 10.0 class or S/G with...
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,745 Times in 859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
Division 2 saw some success with the Unleashed style heads index classes, 10.0,11.0,and 12.0 I would imagine they will return for Div. 2 at least maybe in more... They picked up on average 14 cars per class, and made for some great racing. Some speculated early that this may be the new super classes because there are no delay boxes or throttle stops allowed, but I dont see the super classes going anywhere because of the $$$ involved by sponsors... If anything I think you will see more of this stuyle racing added and maybe even a Open Comp style class where racers qualify to set the index for the race, then drop one thenth to establish the index, handicaped pro tree start...

I for one have not run a Divisional race in some time, and am looking forward to doing so again this coming year. We have a newly prepared S/C dragster and a Mustang that I can either run the 10.0 class or S/G with...
Freddie, I don't remember that good of participation but won't fault your statistics. However, unless they shorten up the program the unleashed folks will tire of spending 3 days to run for less than local bracket races pay.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #18
SST3428

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Charlie Yannetti;292061]I, for one, will miss them.. I've gotten to know most of the D1 guys and girls and enjoy spending time with the crews.. I see this move by NHRA as the death of the alcohol classes.. depending on how these supposed regions are set up will determine who participates.. the low budget guys are not going to travel the world to race, and neither would we.. even getting in free does not make it worth their while..

There is a large expense to running one of these cars and travelling adds to that expense.. most crew members are not volunteers, so where does it all stop??.. not with this regional idea, that's for sure..

I also did not like the way NHRA went about obtaining input from the alcohol guys on their new idea.. from what I've read, many SRAC reps were not consulted..

I'm not arguing or saying they should go away but, I don't understand why they don't pay like the rest of us. They are not drawing in spectators and that's the only reason I could see to let them in free.
I was in the stands at the Norwalk nationals when the alcohol cars ran. People were actually excited about them. Maybe it's the lack of promotion by the tracks.
SST3428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #19
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ALky is dead in the water. How many races even had an 8 car field?
They need to make them a national event only class.

The Unleashed classes will never fly either. Most participants were either local bracket racers or guys running their class car in there also.

If you think Bracket Racing is cheaper than Class racing you are misinformed. I live 4 miles from my closest track and I can drop a $100 for 1 night of bracket racing real easy. Most times it's a 7 rd race and they only pay $1,000 to win- $200 R/U- $50 SF. I went to a Big Buck race this weekend. I dropped $620 in Entry Fees. I won $575 in Round money and felt like it was a good weekend. The level of Competition at the Bracket events is way higher than the class races. Those Bracket guys love it when a class car shows up. It's like blood in the water to Jaws.
Chip Johnson
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #20
kenny v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to kenny v

Hey Dave when you run Gary don't forget to thank him a the other end for feeding you the stripe