HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2023, 12:51 PM   #11
55 Chevy

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: 2023 AHFS system "cliff note version"

I don't often post here but I have a question. What would be the problem with making the review trigger for two runs at -1.1 instead of -1.0. Even after seeing the first couple of races this year it is pretty clear to me the recent changes made to the AHFS are not the answer. Cars are running slower. They did increase the instant trigger to -1.3.
55 Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-01-2023, 01:24 PM   #12
Paul Wong

Liked 379 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 Chevy View Post
I don't often post here but I have a question. What would be the problem with making the review trigger for two runs at -1.1 instead of -1.0. Even after seeing the first couple of races this year it is pretty clear to me the recent changes made to the AHFS are not the answer. Cars are running slower. They did increase the instant trigger to -1.3.
The fast run triggers the amount of HP you get. The glory will be very short lived for some as by year end they will be moving a class. There is a rule in place and it will be way too late for some to see the value in .70 under runs. I hate to quote Al Corda again but it is free to pay attention

Under Index Horsepower Increase

1.000-1.099 1.25% 1.00 under

1.100-1.199 2.25% 1.10 under

1.200-1.249 3.25%

1.250-1.299 4.25%
Paul Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:29 PM   #13
Marty Rinehart Jr

Liked 209 Times in 48 Posts

Just to be clear!

This is not being brought up to stir the pot, it is simply to educate some of the racers who weren’t paying attention to the consequences of going fast. Hence, getting HP added to their combination.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:15 PM   #14
Bob Sherwood

Liked 333 Times in 52 Posts

It looks like that if you aren't willing to slow down and bracket race , you will certainly get HP at the end of the year.
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 09:40 PM   #15
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,154 Times in 786 Posts

Class Racing used to be like wearing a Banana Hammock and now it's more like wearing a Potato Sack.

Let it fly my brothers and deal with it.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 09:43 PM   #16
tstickff

Liked 468 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Class Racing used to be like wearing a Banana Hammock and now it's more like wearing a Potato Sack.

After you my friend!

Tim Stickles
Old 03-01-2023, 10:13 PM   #17
Bob Sherwood

Liked 333 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post

Who's going to buy your stuff when your down 20 HP and running slow ?? The AHFS was created to equal out some soft combos ,but now it's not the soft combos that will get hit , it will be the combos that people have spend a lot of money and hard work developing new parts and technology to go fast. The new AHFS is going to hit a lot of combos --.85 or more under and using the fastest run for the year of that combo to determine how much !! ( BAD IDEA )
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:20 PM   #18

Liked 535 Times in 120 Posts

All this rule has done is turn all of us into .something racers without electronics. -.65 or -.70 doesn’t matter. I was told that the purpose of the rule was to try and put performance back into Stock & Super Stock. Looks like that’s working out really well. Seems to have had the exact opposite effect! Mike McMahan 2543 H/ SA
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 08:41 AM   #19
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,967 Times in 1,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sherwood View Post
The AHFS was created to equal out some soft combos ,but now it's not the soft combos that will get hit , it will be the combos that people have spend a lot of money and hard work developing new parts and technology to go fast.
How about this for a novel idea, work the AHFS backwards. Let the fast combos go as fast as they want with no penalty. Since we have the HP welfare system in effect anyway and many fast Racers are very good at manipulating it why doesn't NHRA just keep track of the slow combos and in an expedited fashion (not once a year) give them back HP to let them be more competitive. If a combo's average is less than -.65/-.75 and the overall average is -.85/-.95 then give the combo back the HP that it needs to BE a -.85/-.95 player in one shot.
BUT, if a Racer gets caught sandbagging or gets caught with any kind of a throttle-stop in the car, he gets tossed for that race and has to take his points but loses his grade point.
Fast guys get to go fast, slow guys get to go faster, everybody's happy!
(Yeah right, the person who can make every Racer happy should stop wasting his time and cure cancer and end all war!)

What is "NORMAL"???
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 08:45 AM   #20
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,154 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sherwood View Post
Who's going to buy your stuff when your down 20 HP and running slow ?? The AHFS was created to equal out some soft combos ,but now it's not the soft combos that will get hit , it will be the combos that people have spend a lot of money and hard work developing new parts and technology to go fast. The new AHFS is going to hit a lot of combos --.85 or more under and using the fastest run for the year of that combo to determine how much !! ( BAD IDEA )
What difference does it make? There is no motive to go fast anymore.
How about no AHFS or accountability for heads up runs, class eliminations and Indy?
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote