HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Drag Pak Challenger's qualify #1 and #4 in stock at Pomona

Doens't look like Jeggie's car is leaving soft now!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Noticable stat= 27 of 79 are AA, A or B Stock class. This will help Class racing during the year. It would make it easier for TOP/STK type races to occur also. Neat....With the New cars taking on Older cars it could be made into real audience tease to get crowd interest with the right Announcers and publicity..
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
Todd Leitner

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Just wondering where all the crying and whining is about how fast the new Challengers are? They aren't factored correctly, or life isn't fair, blah blah blah. Maybe it's ok now with the new index adjustments and everyone is happy. If it was a new Cobra Jet, there would have already been 10 pages.
Todd Leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #14
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Todd, I think you are wrong. Maybe 7.4 pages. Happy Mardi Gras from the Who Dat Nation
Old 02-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Leitner View Post
Just wondering where all the crying and whining is about how fast the new Challengers are? They aren't factored correctly, or life isn't fair, blah blah blah. Maybe it's ok now with the new index adjustments and everyone is happy. If it was a new Cobra Jet, there would have already been 10 pages.
I agree with you 100%!
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #16
Todd Leitner

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Happy Mardi Gras to you too Sir!
Todd Leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhuff View Post
I agree with you 100%!
Actually I was Cheering them on ! Nothing like setting the trigger the first race of the season Congrats!!! lol
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #18
ty1295

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since I am good buddies with Jeremy and he is helping Irv with the dodge tune, I know a few things.

If you cry to much, Irv and Jeremy will just move the bar again. Right now they just get to choose where the bar is unless someone else wants or can step up to the plate.

But this comes from someone who likes to see what a car can run, not how much can it be slowed down.
ty1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #19
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While I have only spoken to Irv a few time and have no question I have not even yet to know him. From his tempered reaction to an OVERACTION where I lashed at him for a situation I was angry about, but even then his response was tempered and well adjusted. From what I have heard about him from 3rd parties, learned and from our limited communications I have come to one conclusion.

Irv Johns is a serious competitor who wont take lightly to being bested. And given that may happen he will unleash a torrent of resources and knowledge to accomplish his given goal.

I believe that to be true 100% and I also believe he will be our toghest competion thus far in ANY arena.....its a David and Goliath match we welcome, I dont have any question we are the underdogs, but how much fun would this whole adventure be without a DP competitor like Irv Johns ?

I have told my plan to my dad, its simple, "We chase whoever is fastest, and if by chance we should for a moment end up on top know that everyone else is chasing us"

I know we will be chasing Irv for some time to come.

2 cars same builder , and ours too I "copied" Irv whereever possible with our limited "intelligence" as it seemed like a good starting point. I wouldnt have spent considerable time , effort and expense copying someone I feel is not "the target"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1295 View Post
Since I am good buddies with Jeremy and he is helping Irv with the dodge tune, I know a few things.

If you cry to much, Irv and Jeremy will just move the bar again. Right now they just get to choose where the bar is unless someone else wants or can step up to the plate.

But this comes from someone who likes to see what a car can run, not how much can it be slowed down.
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #20
ty1295

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although I have met Irv I don't know him that well, I do know Jeremy quite well and talk to him daily.

He is a drag racer to ne end, he understands how and why things work or don't work. He thinks things through and everything is done with a reason.

I understand your desire to go after the one on top. You have a tough challenge I suspect. Everyone knows Irv's car went 9.74. Its .2 slower in cali, guess they forgot a few things over winter.

Jeremy and myself teamed up on another drag racing challenge not related to class racing at all. Its limited and more just branging rights with very few people hunting for him, but it has been fun and so far we have bested others by .3 seconds.

So being an outsider I enjoy your desire. Irv will be a good one for you. I am sure Irv will enjoy it anyways, if nobody was attempting to challenge him what fun would that be?
ty1295 is offline   Reply With Quote