HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #11
Clay Arnett

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: GM's answer to the cobra jet!

It's easy for GM to fix the weight issue. Just submit a light spec for it. If Chrysler can get the 4200 lb Mercedes chassis down and the 3900lb Mustang then the Camaro can as well. I will give Ford credit that they are pushing their program much better than GM. It's sad because a Camaro with an LSA will be very fast especially if it carries a 425hp rating.
Clay Arnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Stevie Ficacci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great, more grossly underfactored combos....
Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
JOE FIANO STK1267

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: GM's answer to the cobra jet!

Looks like Ford,Dodge,now Chevy are allowed CRATE MOTOR CARS IN NHRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you all know its the truth!!!!!!! and i think its awsome that gm is getting involved.TOO bad NHRA won't less us poor,poor ihra CRATES play in their raindear games!!!!!! just my 2cents have a nice day
Old 09-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #14
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FECARMAN View Post
Good luck Government Motors. 2011 is two years away. In the mean time, the Cobra Jets will be kicking butt. Ford should have their 6.2 litre Hurricane motor ready by then. I don't believe Mr. Wolfe and his team will be waiting for an a** kicking. By the way did anyone see the thank you ad for Brent Hajek and the apology for the glitch in giving NHRA the correct engine specs. Ford Racing and Brian Wolfe are sure showing who has the class! If you know anyone who has a 2008 Cobra Jet, take a look at the binder that Ford Racing has put together for each car. This just shows the thought and planning that Ford Racing has put into the program. The binder contains the history of the Cobra Jet, all of the specs and part numbers, a list of the owners, pictures and all of the build sheets from Roush and Romeo Engine. I have never seen another manufacturer do anything like this. Each owner also received a custom cap, shirt and jacket. Thank you Ford Motor Company for not taking government money and for putting Brian Wolfe in charge of Ford Racing.
I respect the fact that the CJ is a awesome race car...but they sure aren't making it easy to own one....
It must've been nice to get a hat, shirt and jacket after just dishing out a tad under $70k for one of these cars .....please pass the barf bag. WJ

Last edited by W J; 09-24-2009 at 11:59 AM.
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
lstanford

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts

I can't help you with the pricing but Ford sells all of the pieces to build your own Cobra Jet at a very reasonable price. The engine is a bargain for the horsepower that you get. I do have a Ford parts bag that you can puke in though. I think I'll go in the kitchen and get some cheese to go with your whine.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
denny harvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

glad to see gm join the fun..why not let the zo6 in a/s with the fords or the supercharged zr1 vette...
denny harvey is offline   Reply With Quote