HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-26-2020, 11:23 PM   #141
M Brand 505B

Liked 30 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Bandimere shut down

Way too many keyboard warriors and conspiracy theorists in todays age. It's quite pathetic really. No one cares about your political beliefs or ideas. Please keep the topics on racing, as this topic is on Bandimere. The fact is Bandimere is limited to a certain amount of people per event unless allowed to operate past that with approval through the health department. They haven't been technically shut down. It's quite clear Bandimere makes a huge percentage of their money on the larger events. Even if the county allowed Bandimere's total capacity to reach 25% I don't know if it'd still be financially feasible for them to operate. According to testimony their expenses are quite large and bracket racing on the weekends probably won't cover them.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #142
John Winslow Jr

Liked 274 Times in 62 Posts

Things may have gotten out of hand with this thread, but it has affected us all. In most cases the entire country is not affected by one issue like this, not sure how else to frame this one, it’s just not that easy. We are all on edge and holding on, my intention was not for anyone on either side of the isle to leave the forum, what’s always been great about this country is we can openly discuss things, Alan I hope you reconsider. John
John Winslow Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:46 PM   #143
Randy Wells

Liked 1,021 Times in 309 Posts

Facebook, kept putting me in Facebook Jail, because I kept hurting peoples feelings so I deactivated my account, none of these guys have hurt my feelings, although I would like to see more racing and performance and less political post.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:52 PM   #144
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Ken,
It is your site so you do what you think is best.

About 5 years ago I give Dwight Southerland some cylinder head flow information for his web site.

Stan
I know you love to post,but I never hear a thing from you when your top Democrat leaders like James Clyburn and Nancy Pelosi call federal agents **** Gestapo and **** Storm Trooper that are doing their best to protect mine and your federal property in Portland OR from being burned to the ground.
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #145
my69396

Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

I told a friend of mine just today that he needed to make his Barracuda, that was a Super Stocker many years ago, back into a class car because of the family that I know of as class racers. And like a family all the members don't have to agree on every aspect of every day life but they are all family. Because I don't believe the same as you doesn't mean that we are not family. Isn't that why not everyone races a 1969 Camaro. How much does it really matter what you or I think about what is happening. The truth is it is all above our pay grades. I was taught that you stand up for what you believe right or wrong. Because what you believe is different from what I believe doesn't mean that you are more right or wrong that I am. To my class racer family I don't see how this division helps any of us race. 11B20/67A1F
my69396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:44 AM   #146
Fireofficer5

Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts

Bet you guy lost your s!#@ when all those thugs were marching with weapons

From a medical prospective, do not get involved in large gatherings, the chance of transmission is too great, I do not want to intubate you when you get the covid because you want go watch the drags.

Biden 2020 Hell yeah!
Fireofficer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #147
Yo Ken
Administrator

Liked 557 Times in 35 Posts

Okay everyone its time to move the thread to the lounge. I will take the blame for letting this thread go this far as I encouraged members to voice there frustration and opinions. I should have known better and stayed neutral and followed the rules of Class Racer. This issue has affected so many people, but I think its a mistake for me to get involved. Everyone knows where I stand now, but I will not join in with my opinion anymore.

Alan, sorry you feel the need to leave, but we are not perfect. People feel strongly about whats going on, and its affecting us in every aspect of our lives. Please consider staying around, I will do my best to keep us on track.

I do apologize to all, and hope you all understand its not personal. Its just so frustrating and sad to see this great country being torn apart, and feeling helpless that I can not do anything about it.

Ken
Old 07-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #148
Stan Weiss

Liked 556 Times in 293 Posts

Let me answer a few question. No I don't have a race car anymore. No I don't race anymore. I came in here for the technical talk which has been very little as of late. I did in a QJet thread reconnect with HB2 which is great.

Google is your friend. Type Stan Weiss into the search bar. Half way down the first page should be "Images for stan weiss" 2 out of the 5 pictures are of me. One is from the last '90's shows me with a MOPAR Nations shirt from the early '90s.

Stan

I had posted this in an earlier thread.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pictures_google.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	55137  

Last edited by Stan Weiss; 07-27-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #149
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Unhappy Re: Bandimere shut down

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Brand 505B View Post
Way too many keyboard warriors and conspiracy theorists in todays age. It's quite pathetic really. No one cares about your political beliefs or ideas. Please keep the topics on racing, as this topic is on Bandimere. The fact is Bandimere is limited to a certain amount of people per event unless allowed to operate past that with approval through the health department. They haven't been technically shut down. It's quite clear Bandimere makes a huge percentage of their money on the larger events. Even if the county allowed Bandimere's total capacity to reach 25% I don't know if it'd still be financially feasible for them to operate. According to testimony their expenses are quite large and bracket racing on the weekends probably won't cover them.

Unfortunately the situation at Bandimere like way too many things I believe likely may be political. Wal Marts etc. have not suffered much..
Liked
Old 07-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #150
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
my question is why are you here. Do you race?
I joined Class Racer in 2005 in an attempt to keep current with Stock/Super Stock racing. My first taste of class racing was at a NHRA Division 1 points meet @ Niagara Drag Strip in Niagara Falls NY ~ 1970. My brother and I slept in his street car at the track so we could stay all weekend. I've followed Class racing off and on for 50 years. I do not own a race car and have not made a pass down a drag strip in a long time.

I never posted or implied Bandimere or any drag strip or any business for that matter should be forced to remain closed to do Covid19 ever. I did not realize members had to contribute to the forums to be a member in good standing. I will try and do better in that regard.

It is a fact that some in of my posts I pressed the snarky pedal to the floor. Again, I will try and do better in that regard. However, if I post an opinion in a thread and get blasted with personal attacks. I will respond in kind. Wouldn't you? Sometimes you have to punch back or you get punched out.

pS