HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #131
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Once upon a time , the NHRA's heavy hitters played in the IHRAs playground:

.........and when they did , the results were predictable.
The "preeminent" engine builders in Pro Stock were in the NHRA , its that simple..............
Here , another for the doubters:

Last edited by joespanova; 10-09-2014 at 01:42 PM.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #132
Rose Racing

Liked 165 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
Once upon a time , the NHRA's heavy hitters played in the IHRAs playground:

.........and when they did , the results were predictable.
The "preeminent" engine builders in Pro Stock were in the NHRA , its that simple..............
Here , another for the doubters:
NHRA PS in todays world is nothing more than a million dollar cookie cutter class made for GM and is really boring for anybody but a bowtie fan............I dont have much interest in watching queen Erica race the Summit guys and I dont see a whole lot of talent in todays 500 inch class honestly a bunch of guys who buy mid pack power just to be in the club. The only hurdles I see are the Johnsons and the Summit guys and the rest come and go with $$$$ changing hands year to year just trying to run the same race to get the best crew guys to race theyre cars for them now Charlie could change my tune on how exciting the class is! If you like the Super Chevy Show its good but if you could care less about 15 camaros and 2 or 3 Dodges racing each other its dull and boring
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #133
joespanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
NHRA PS in todays world is nothing more than a million dollar cookie cutter class made for GM and is really boring for anybody but a bowtie fan............I dont have much interest in watching queen Erica race the Summit guys and I dont see a whole lot of talent in todays 500 inch class honestly a bunch of guys who buy mid pack power just to be in the club. The only hurdles I see are the Johnsons and the Summit guys and the rest come and go with $$$$ changing hands year to year just trying to run the same race to get the best crew guys to race theyre cars for them now Charlie could change my tune on how exciting the class is! If you like the Super Chevy Show its good but if you could care less about 15 camaros and 2 or 3 Dodges racing each other its dull and boring
I couldn't agree more.The "wave of the future ' is Pro Mod.
I used to love Pro Stock....but that was years ago.
No one cares about Pro Stock any more.........the exception being the guys who have them.
Wescott , do yourself a favor and make the transition to Pro Mod . I read in one of your "short and blunt" interviews that only rich guys are in the Hemi club. And only those guys really get it.....most casual fans don't. Same with Pro Stock.
And for all those who want to kick me in the nuts for saying that.....save it , I don't want to hear / read it. You have your opinions , I have mine.
This is the internet.......feel free to express yourself.

Last edited by joespanova; 10-09-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #134
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
If you were acquainted with the guys running those cars, you would not see it that way. Take the guys that bought my long time friend Mike Edwards operation. Top qualifier car, and even with all their money, they can't hit their butts with it. Many of us, that know what it takes to compete there, find that deal pretty humorous.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #135
Rose Racing

Liked 165 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
If you were acquainted with the guys running those cars, you would not see it that way. Take the guys that bought my long time friend Mike Edwards operation. Top qualifier car, and even with all their money, they can't hit their butts with it. Many of us, that know what it takes to compete there, find that deal pretty humorous.
Im sorry im just not acqainted with those guys your right they are waaaay out of my league and always a Mike Edwards fan even though he ran GM products but I always liked the fact he was a Ford racer in MP and I like NHRA PS or want to like it I just need some competitive Blue Oval guys in the field and anyways I wish CW the best of luck with his WARHORSE and hopefully he can make us proud!
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #136
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Those engines don't know what it says on the valve cover. They are just dumb Iron. They all like the same things. If Ford has some equal cylinder heads, they will be just as fast as GM or MOPAR. Wescott has as good a chance as anybody new. Hope he doesn't like things like free time for family, etc. LOL
Mike spent enough renting Tulsa Raceway Park for testing over the years, he should have just bought the place. V. Gains and Greg Stanfield were here testing along with Mike on what seemed like almost a weekly basis. A couple others were there a lot too.
His crew guys were always about burned out by the end of the season. People don't realize how hard those guys work. And the parts and money they go through. Has to be a bunch of masocist. LOL
To people that are really into making NA hp, it's the ultimate. Not everybody cares about nitrous, turbos, or blowers used in the pro mod, top sportsman, etc, wall banging track oilers.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 10-09-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #137
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 509 Times in 128 Posts

I remember a few years ago reading about Jason Line working from 6am to midnight weeks on end to get them back to the front. These guys are tireless workers. I still remember the interview with Kurt Johnson when he said "I don't get to go jet skiing on the weekend I'm in the dyno room"
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #138
joespanova

"Heads up" guys , ( as in first to the finish ) more than most , are driven by their ego's.
Yeah , its cool that guys like them exist , but at what price? Frankly , I dont see how any of them stay married.
The guys that really have it made are the ones who just drive ( read that Coughlin and so on ) .
Does anyone know what the Wescotts real business is?
Obviously the money came from somewhere..........JC.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #139
clevo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed is 200% correct ! i really wish CW all the luck in world hope to see him top qualify one day, you never know he may be leasing his engines one day if he can make big steam from them. regards FORD fan.
clevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #140
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,461 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
"Heads up" guys , ( as in first to the finish ) more than most , are driven by their ego's.
Yeah , its cool that guys like them exist , but at what price? Frankly , I dont see how any of them stay married.
The guys that really have it made are the ones who just drive ( read that Coughlin and so on ) .
Does anyone know what the Wescotts real business is?
Obviously the money came from somewhere..........JC.
Your questions seem to imply some sort of jealousy.
Racers stay married because their spouses are as dedicated to the sport as they are and many make it a family affair.

By the way, there are racers that in addition to driving, they also work on the car, not just driving.

As regards to the Wescott family financial affairs, unless they are asking you for money, I believe it is nobody's business.

The Wescott's are hard working and successful racers that have demonstrated many times they can make power and win races.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote